Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    As far nVidia 1080Ti goes... nothing of the sort.
    It looks like they are waiting to see what AMD does with Vega.
    Yeah, they've waited for AMD to make their announcement before, so why would this time be any different.

Though you can get the Geforce Now for only $25 a month for 20 hour of gameplay. What a deal!

Seriously how do they think this is a good idea?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah, they've waited for AMD to make their announcement before, so why would this time be any different.

Though you can get the Geforce Now for only $25 a month for 20 hour of gameplay. What a deal!

Seriously how do they think this is a good idea?
    Because, no offence with this, they are mainly targeting the US public.
    They will buy almost anything on a subscription basis really.

In Europe that will gain less traction because of different economic states and because we're cheapskates of course.

We'll see in 2 hours what Vega will be about.

Kaby Lake seems pretty decent. Nothing new but faster clocks factory. Most seem to be able to push 5GHz at around 1.35v on an AIO which is great.

Still the same socket as sky lake cpus so makes upgrading easy.

I wouldn't upgrade the cpu. Yours is just 2 years old, going from Haswell to Kaby Lake is barely noticeable in terms of gaming performance.
    But you seem to have too much money anyway, because I wouldn't buy a new gpu either. Your system is fine for now in my opinion.

1080Ti announcement should be inc tomorrow maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Because, no offence with this, they are mainly targeting the US public.
    They will buy almost anything on a subscription basis really.
    But 20 hours a month? Surely even the US won't go for that? I mean your average game is under $1 per hour, this is $1.25 per hour. This from a logical side of things makes no sense at all.

What it seems to be is a sub targeted solely on team green "fanboys".

Also Vega presentation sort of already leaked. Will still wait for the official thing myself though, but those interested can probably find it.

how very presumptuous (and a bit flamey) of you

also "team green fanboys" likely already own a 1070/1080 (or at least a 1060) and have no need of this

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    how very presumptuous (and a bit flamey) of you

also "team green fanboys" likely already own a 1070/1080 (or at least a 1060) and have no need of this
    Maybe it was a bit flamey towards Nvidia.

Also this "Geforce Now" is only available if you have a Pascal architecture card.

15+ Year Old Account
    But 20 hours a month? Surely even the US won't go for that? I mean your average game is under $1 per hour, this is $1.25 per hour. This from a logical side of things makes no sense at all.

Also Vega presentation sort of already leaked. Will still wait for the official thing myself though, but those interested can probably find it.
    It's not 20 hours a month, it's 20 hours per 25 USD/EUR.
    You can do 40 hours a week, it'll just cost you 50 USD/EUR.

From what I've seen from the behaviour of US people, and this isn't meant derogatory, but they are simply more subscription based on anything and will pay for it.
    In Europe that is less of thing to happen especially in South Eastern part of it, people there will not pay for this sort of stuff unless they are loaded.. and most aren't.

And from the other subscription based things I've seen in the US this is something totally acceptable there.

The conversion rate is ludicrous though for me ... but w/e.

25 dollars per 20 hours. You can string together 36 20 hour periods in a month for 900 dollars if you want to. Except you only get 20 hours if you're ok with a GTX 1060 machine. You get 10 if you want a 1080 machine.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2017-01-05 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    25 dollars per 20 hours. You can string together 36 20 hour periods in a month for 900 dollars if you want to. Except you only get 20 hours if you're ok with a GTX 1060 machine. You get 10 if you want a 1080 machine.
    Yerr, I read a bad article, but left it be after Evildeffy corrected me, cause cba editing.

Kaby was a flop, but the 1080TI is finally announced:

$699 MSRP
    Allows industry partners to participate
    35% faster than 1080
    3584 cuda cores @1582mhz
    11gb of GDDR5X

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/1/1477...ia-gtx-1080-ti

On sale march 10th.

Based on the specs and the price, I think Nvidia is feeling the heat. Let's hope industry competition continues to improve. I think the new Vega will be good, but I still think 1080ti is looking like a monster.

based on the Titan XP benchmarks - it had a bigger lead (40% or even 45% in some titles) over stock 1080 @ 4K resolution than on 1440p/1080p

expect the same here

so that 35% may even be underselling it a bit if we are talking 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    based on the Titan XP benchmarks - it had a bigger lead (40% or even 45% in some titles) over stock 1080 @ 4K resolution than on 1440p/1080p

expect the same here

so that 35% may even be underselling it a bit if we are talking 4K
    Yeah, the stats are better than anticipated. Most expected between 1080 and titan, but Nvidia was billing this as faster than Titan X I believe(didn't see the show, just read articles).

Seems like this card will be a huge leap over the 1080.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope everyone remembers what we learned from the 1080 launch and thereafter...

The Founders edition stays more expensive than the 3rd party version cards. The Founders edition has nothing special about it other than a name and the third party cards are, as per the usual, better.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've read on an article about 100$ official price drop on 1080, yet no of the sellers seem to indicate this yet. 1080ti is marked at 700$, man over here 1080 costs 700+euros, ti will most likely be 900 or more
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    So I've read on an article about 100$ official price drop on 1080, yet no of the sellers seem to indicate this yet. 1080ti is marked at 700$, man over here 1080 costs 700+euros, ti will most likely be 900 or more
    Its likely when the 1080ti releases, which is around the 9th or 10 i heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Its likely when the 1080ti releases, which is around the 9th or 10 i heard.
    From another post here, I found a german site that offers 1080 for 518euro, kinda suspicious.
    PM me weird stuff :3