Poll: Should dogs be executed if they bite?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    What did I misunderstand?
    Getting one nowadays is cheap if not for free if you're not interested in a particular breed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Getting one nowadays is cheap if not for free if you're not interested in a particular breed.
    And? What does that have to do with what I posted?

Deleted
    Only if the owner gets executed with him.
    I was the blacksmith who got executed when his weapons failed, not the weapons.

Try to train a dog with bad genes and come back to us so you can share your painful experience
    First I want to clarify. AGAIN. There is NO such thing as bad genes in dogs. If the dog is aggressive it's due to it's adaptation to it's immediate environment. That means either a BAD human is creating that toxic environment or has created the conditions to which that environment exist. So the very nature of your flawed argument is is "You claim dogs inherently have bad genes", to which I rebut with, Humans instill undesirable traits into said dogs.

I've trained last chance shelter dogs (dogs at a shelter where they have either actively bit someone or have shown aggressive behavior and are scheduled to be put down) for over 15 years, and out of the 1000's of dogs I've trained I've only lost one to euthanization, that was because the stupid humans sued the shelter for not killing the dog after it bit their child (to which they admitted the child was constantly pulling the dogs tail and pinching it, and they said "the dog should just adapt to that instead of being aggressive" ya I call bullshit.. I had that dog around my young children for months before the court ordered euthanization, it was the sweetest dog. The difference was I trained my kids to respect animals.

I've been bit a total of zero times.

So if that's the painful experience is seeing many amazing dogs get placed with properly trained humans I would say, it wasn't painful at all.

Let`s put it this way...if you had a kid, young, like 5 or 6 years, and push my kid down the stairs, maybe because he thought it was fun or whatev (kids at that age dont know the consequences of their actions very well), I wont put a bullet through his skull. He didn`t know what he was doing, its more your fault than the kid`s. Same with dogs, genes could be bad, no idea, but education is the solution for all the "bad genes" you could find. If the dog bites anyone in sight, means that he`s feeling in danger, probably because his owner hits him, or mistreat him, and that`s all his experience of humanity he has. And no, just because you can post shit in a forum, doesn`t mean your, or anyone`s life is more important than an animal`s. My father was bitten by his own dog, but I know he treated him like shit, so...karma I guess. And even after that, he didn`t thought to just kill him. He gave it to me, and know he`s a happier more calm dog. I blame humans 99.99% of the time for the behavior of their pets.

With this in mind, many families and children become afraid of going outside, some of them frightened it might occur to them.
    I'll give this a couple extra points for the added drama.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    First I want to clarify. AGAIN. There is NO such thing as bad genes in dogs. If the dog is aggressive it's due to it's adaptation to it's immediate environment. That means either a BAD human is creating that toxic environment or has created the conditions to which that environment exist. So the very nature of your flawed argument is is "You claim dogs inherently have bad genes", to which I rebut with, Humans instill undesirable traits into said dogs.

I've trained last chance shelter dogs (dogs at a shelter where they have either actively bit someone or have shown aggressive behavior and are scheduled to be put down) for over 15 years, and out of the 1000's of dogs I've trained I've only lost one to euthanization, that was because the stupid humans sued the shelter for not killing the dog after it bit their child (to which they admitted the child was constantly pulling the dogs tail and pinching it, and they said "the dog should just adapt to that instead of being aggressive" ya I call bullshit.. I had that dog around my young children for months before the court ordered euthanization, it was the sweetest dog. The difference was I trained my kids to respect animals.

I've been bit a total of zero times.

So if that's the painful experience is seeing many amazing dogs get placed with properly trained humans I would say, it wasn't painful at all.
    Of course the dog should adapt to it, I'm sorry but that dog deserved to be euthanized and your escapism of "there is no such thing as bad genes" won't change that fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Only if the owner gets executed with him.
    I was the blacksmith who got executed when his weapons failed, not the weapons.
    Are you really putting the tool and owner on the same level ?

Sure execute the owner to while your at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    This is sarcasm, right?

Anyway, genes probably aren't the issue in either case. Culture, in the broadest sense, is more important.
    This is not sarcasm. If anyone wants to enlighten me on the scientific findings of this alleged "bad" genes in dogs I'm willing to change my position if the science is sound. I've looked all over. I've found a couple pieces of information that are biased and misinformed, that's about it.

Most owners don't deserve pets in pretty much the same way most people don't deserve cars, guns, money, etc. The animals really aren't the problem in the equation.

Obviously depends on the nature of the bite and the circumstances. Anyone claiming that any dog should be put down on principle if it bites, is a retard without any understanding of what dogs have been used for through the centuries.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw who the OP is...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-06 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    Most owners don't deserve pets in pretty much the same way most people don't deserve cars, guns, money, etc. The animals really aren't the problem in the equation.
    So the solution is incarcerating the owner and giving the dog off to another owner so he can go destroy more people's lives?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter why the dog did it, except for perhaps defending its owner.

- - - Updated - - -

Executing a dog isn't about morality, it's about defending your well being
    Taking the life of a creature is a moral judgement. Especially one which can be considered part of the family.

But as we disagree, we can see which side of the fence the two of us are on.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Actually, yes, dogs can have aggressive genes.

http://www.animals24-7.org/2015/11/1...gressive-dogs/
    In your own linked article
    "Although high arousal and sudden attack can be functional in certain environments, this behavior is pathological in a safer environment, where a high level of arousal and aggressiveness are not necessary and only lead to unnecessary attacks and injuries. "

ONCE AGAIN. Humans create the environment. There is NO universal bad "gene" in dogs. FFS. You just linked me an article that backs up what I said.

Also the originator correlated a 'bad" gene in dogs, and that these 'bad' gene dogs are not re-trainable. To which both the premise of the argument and the side argument that breads of dogs have certain traits associated with aggression are two totally different things. Humans also have the same aggressive traits, it doesn't make a human or a dog 'bad'. That's like saying because some humans can have ambitions they are dangerous to others who don't have ambitions.
    Last edited by belleflop; 2017-01-06 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Obviously depends on the nature of the bite and the circumstances. Anyone claiming that any dog should be put down on principle if it bites, is a retard without any understanding of what dogs have been used for through the centuries.
    Once again, the fact remains that the dog hurt another human.

I can understand if it is protecting its owner, any other circumstance including defending itself should warrant execution.

Deleted
    Are you really putting the tool and owner on the same level ?
    No the tool can be quiet useful if given to another owner but the owner has clearly failed and has a lot less value.

Click bait.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

There is always circumstances if they were protecting a person home etc then no. If hey walked into your house or any dwelling and it seems like a threat then no. But if you are walking by a dog and for no operant reason yes.

Once again, the fact remains that the dog hurt another human.

I can understand if it is protecting its owner, any other circumstance including defending itself should warrant execution.
    Sure buddy, you can believe whatever you like. No sane person in a ruling position would agree that a dog biting in self-defense if attacked should be "executed" which is all that matters. Hell, there are many cases where dogs are rehabilitated after being used for violence. Top marks for drama though.
    Don't wanna risk a bite? Don't hurt dogs/other animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the absolution of this.

"If a dog bites, put it down"

So, if someone decides to kick a dog, and it bites in self defense, the dog should be put down?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.