Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Awesome back to slavery./s
    except they'd be paid the same exact wages they normally would on work duty. Way to use your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Love lefties, once again, defending law-breakers. They, after all, are victims!

"Oh that poor murderer! Don't make him work! "

Let's call it SLAVERY to get knee jerk reactions out of people to instantly associate the idea with a negative connotation, even though it would be purely made of volunteers.

If you are in prison, I really don't care what they make you do. Certainly deserve the punishment. Least building the wall might make them useful.
    Love how conservatives want cheap prison labor to do a job that could pay U.S. citizens good construction wages.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Regardless of whether this is slavery or volunteering it's interesting to note:

The Thirteenth Amendment (Amendment XIII) to the United States Constitution abolished slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime.
    It's perfectly legal to treat prisoners like slaves. I don't personally like it but it is what it is. There was a push to outlaw this in my state this last election but it failed 51-49%
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Love how conservatives want cheap prison labor to do a job that could pay U.S. citizens good construction wages.
    For how long? How much of tax payer money? Love how liberals don't think logically while degrading good U.S. Citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Not slavery. When you're in prison for a felony you do whatever they tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I don't think that's how it works, dude.
    Because it doesn't work like that.
    If they wanna work for something in return, usually reduced sentences, then they'll work.
    They can't be forced to do anything else that they're not supposed to do while incarcerated, unless we're talking about dictatorial states, like NK.
    A "sheriff" has no say in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Love lefties, once again, defending law-breakers. They, after all, are victims!

"Oh that poor murderer! Don't make him work! "

Let's call it SLAVERY to get knee jerk reactions out of people to instantly associate the idea with a negative connotation, even though it would be purely made of volunteers.

If you are in prison, I really don't care what they make you do. Certainly deserve the punishment. Least building the wall might make them useful.
    Generalising isn't how it works either.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the wall actually happens, I'd prefer that we create actual jobs for the construction. Seems kind of stupid to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah let's let criminals with no experience in masonry build it. What could go wrong? If a wall is built it should be built by professional masons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    For how long? How much of tax payer money? Love how liberals don't think logically while degrading good U.S. Citizens.
    With that reason then every military contract and government job we should use prison labor. You know save tax payer money.

Are you for real?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

With that reason then every military contract and government job we should use prison labor. You know save tax payer money.

Are you for real?
    Didn't realize the thread was about the military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I have to admit, I'm surprised. Before I clicked on that link I was sure I'd be reading another facepalm-worthy piece about Joe Arpaio.

On that note, I hadn't even realized that Maricopa County finally got tired enough of Sheriff Joe not to reelect him. At least something good happened in an election in 2016.
    Hell yes we did.
    Worst case scenario is Penzone is no better than arpaio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It's a great idea. I practice this kind of thing myself. For example, a section of plumbing in my shop needed to be replaced last year. As luck would have it, one of my neighbor's kids had recently gotten in trouble for setting things on fire. I worked out a deal with the parents and he had to replace the pipes for me as punishment. Everything worked out perfectly.

Didn't realize the thread was about the military.
    You are special.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's a great idea. I practice this kind of thing myself. For example, a section of plumbing in my shop needed to be replaced last year. As luck would have it, one of my neighbor's kids had recently gotten in trouble for setting things on fire. I worked out a deal with the parents and he had to replace the pipes for me as punishment. Everything worked out perfectly.
    Is your shop in the middle of no where with no roads to it? Did the kid need armed guards and a armored transport to get the the shop?
    It doesn't really sound like the same deal to me.

Deleted
    Seriously?! People are now again going against Trump cause a sheriff offered an INMATE, AKA someone who COMMITTED A CRIME... to work on the wall.... and you all you people see is: ooh boo, slavery..

Is that ALL you picked up from this?!

You are special.
    Doesn't take a special kind of person to point out how illogical someone is, but thank you!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Pretty sure that means you can still put convicted criminals in prison work programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Pretty sure that means you can still put convicted criminals in prison work programs.
    The criminals!!! Won't anyone think of the criminals?!

Ugh, I hope those democrats don't rise again.
    Lucky for me, I have never been a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-community-se/

"Do community service by volunteering.."
    No, you don't have to do whatever they tell you.
    The Sheriff wants his prisoners to volunteer.

And it's a bad plan, not just because the Wall is an idiotic idea that only someone like Trump could come up with.
    The security will be expensive.
    And when you have prisoners doing it for "free", you're basically taking away the jobs of the people that could be doing it.
    Why are walls stupid, in your mind? There are walls all over the world, and they work fine. Where you live has walls, and it keeps all sorts of things out of your home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infowar. Not much of a source.

But um, that's a ridiculously bad idea.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..