I need more deck slots. Again.

I just had to delete a deck I liked to make room for a temporary deck (I'm replaying some old Adventure Modes).

This sucks. I knew immediately when they increased the number of slots it'd be woefully insufficient
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Blizzard please listen to this ^

I know you can always just write the decks you want down or put them in a spreadsheet, but really it is silly to have to do something out of game to keep track of it. Plus, you know laziness.

There are programs you can download that will save your decks and automatically build them for you whenever you want. Before they expanded the deck slots to 18, I had around 40 decks saved this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Blizzard please listen to this ^

I know you can always just write the decks you want down or put them in a spreadsheet, but really it is silly to have to do something out of game to keep track of it. Plus, you know laziness.
    You don't need a spreadsheet for that. A deck tracker is way more efficient; you can save all the versions of your deck, keep track of your stats, and it'll rebuild your deck in HS if you've removed it. I never have a problem with running out of slots, especially now with twice as many as before. I have a feeling they could still double it and still someone would still ask for more.

...I only have like six playable decks (I didnt say good) and like 5 quest decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't really see the harm in allowing more deck slots but I also don't really see the need either. Do you really actively play more than 18 decks at a time? I hardly play 2-3 at a time. I play pretty competitively though too so that's all you can play realistically. If you're mostly into adventures or fun gimmick decks I guess you'd play more but still more than 18 just seems overkill.

I'm assuming you don't have like 4-5 different versions of a deck with just a few minor changes? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause you to need so many but even I do that on rare occasions because it's easier than going in and out to switch tech card choices every few games. Even then it's only 2-3 versions of 2-3 decks so up to 9 decks total.
    To be fair, 18 slots only allows 1 competitive deck for each hero & one gimmick deck. There are plenty of other options of decks for each of the heroes that extend beyond the two deck limit for all of the heroes. Just look at mage for an example. They have tempo mage, reno mage, freeze mage, and mech mage. Rogues have miracle rogue, oil rogue, maly rogue, jade rogue, N'zoth rogue, C'Thun rogue, mill rogue, etc. The 18 decks don't even differentiate between the two formats so if you play all, or even just half, of the heroes in both formats you aren't left with any room for all of the decks and have to resort to deck tracker.

I have various reasons for keeping them all around. At least one per hero, also some that are archetypes I just like, some that are under construction while I'm chasing cards I need, some that aren't really viable anymore but I'm attached to them.

Yeah I know I can rebuild them or install more third party software. Just feels like it should be built in. What does it cost Blizzard, a few bytes per player?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think I read somewhere that they were worried that the needed gui for mega number of deck slots would baffle the new player - if that's the issue then they could just make it unlockable eg get a hero to level 30, get more deck slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lazy/old school and just screenshot my decks I want to remember.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I'm close to needing more. I have 5 rogue decks alone and multiple decks in other classes.

I don't see the need at the moment honestly. You can currently have 2 decks of each class. That's more than enough for me personally, the issue before was the fact that you could only have 1 deck for each class.

I'm also at a point where I have 18 decks and I really don't want to remove one. Maybe I can clean up a lot of decks in the next rotation, I rarely play wild anyway.