Deleted

Mythic Guarm as prot warr is a joke

How are you meant to handle the fangs?

Obviously SB is up near enough all the time. IP as well. I am rage starved the whole fight despite the HUGE dmg incoming.

I can take a fangs without CD's ONLY if at full health. If 3/4 health = 1 shot.

I have demo shout for 1 fangs, SB for another and Last Stand. That's 3 fangs covered with CD's, probably up to 4 with an extra Demo shout. The fight is only 3-4 mins long. I'm spamming Thunder clap due to legendary reducing CD on Demo shout. It's still not enough. During the later stages of the fight when the healers are stressed, I can just tell when I am going down.

I'm a sitting duck in the later stages, just standing there about to take a Fangs with NO CD's.... even with SB + IP, they have virtually no affect.

Also it's worth noting I was not even the main tank.

I'm really frustrated.

Link to your logs/armory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Link to your logs/armory?
    jesus christ I am stupid, please give me a few mins

Deleted
    As an offtank, you can stand behind the boss's hitbox so the fangs only hits the maintank. Your maintank just has to stand close to the center of the boss, which reduces the damage offtank takes by a great deal, especially if you feel like you cant take them at all. Melee just have to be a bit more careful.

Keep in mind Flashing Fangs cannot be blocked, so Shield Block cannot be relied upon as a 'damage reduction' cooldown for FF itself. Warriors are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to big damage physical attacks that cannot be blocked (e.g., Flashing Fangs, Odyn's spear). Note that analogous rotational defensives to Shield Block or Neltharion's, such as Demon Spikes, Shield of the Righteous, or Eye of Tyr, provide flat damage reductions and are actually useful in reducing those bursts of damage. The only thing you as a Warrior can rely on are A) chunky IPs, B) your big CDs, C) external CDs.

Although SBlock is not useful for FF, it is a critical part of lowering your damage intake prior to a FF, helping you maintain as much health and as big of an IP as possible before FF. As you pointed out, a full IP is often not enough, especially if you are below max health. Therefore, you will need to cycle through your own defensives to survive each burst. If you are out of personal CDs, the only option you have as a Warrior is to call on externals to patch up the gap in your defense.

TL;DR - Call on your healers for externals!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hapuzki View Post
    As an offtank, you can stand behind the boss's hitbox so the fangs only hits the maintank. Your maintank just has to stand close to the center of the boss, which reduces the damage offtank takes by a great deal, especially if you feel like you cant take them at all. Melee just have to be a bit more careful.
    That works well if one of the tanks isn't a warrior. However, if your main tank is a warrior (e.g., two warrior tanks), you'll end up having to solve the problem OP is mentioning. Warriors are simply at a disadvantage when it comes to soaking physical abilities that cannot be blocked as a gigantic part of our toolkit and balancing revolves around being able to block attacks. This is why warriors have historically struggled with mechanics such as Oregorger's Acid torrent, Odyn's Spear, and Guarm's Flashing Fangs, all of which are physical yet cannot be reduced by our primary defensive tool.

As we will likely be running into this problem over and over again throughout the raid tiers, it is best to encourage Warriors to become comfortable with calling for externals.
    Last edited by Arker42; 2017-01-23 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    jesus christ I am stupid, please give me a few mins
    No worries Honestly, the Darkmoon Trinket carries me on that fight a bit. I know I recommend it in pretty much every post I make, but it really is powerful.

Wasn't WF done with two prot warriors? Utilizing externals shouldn't be an issue. It's sort of a way of life for warriors, since we've always had the lower end of self-cooldown utility.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    7 fangs total, if you count the one after the third charge before the last breath.

1) shieldwall
    2) last stand
    3) demo shout
    4) Trinket (I used that shit ursoc crit trinket with bonus life) + ironbark
    5) Shieldwall is off cooldown now due to my legendary ring. If you don´t have that, call for sacrefice, pain surpression, cocoon.
    6) Demo shout.
    7) Last stand + trinket

If you feel unsafe withdemo shout alone, call for external. That´s the hardest thing you have to do in this fight.

Sidenotes:

- Delay IP if needed to have a full IP up for the fang.
    - With perfect latency, you can spellreflect BOTH breaths in between charges. If not, like me, you can reflect at least one of them.
    - This boss is easy for tanks. Don´t worry about dispells and debuffs, just do your rotation and turn the boss in at the right point. Call for externals.

Edit: Without the legendary ring or any trinkets, you could:

1) Last stand
    2) Demo shout
    3) Shieldwall
    4) External
    5) Demo shout
    6) Last stand
    7) External
    Last edited by Valech; 2017-01-24 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't suggest about mythic, but I had similar problems on heroic as a slightly undergeared tank. What worked for me was that I pooled full rage before fangs, tried to use nelth's fury/SB before fangs (so healer had chance to heal me) and then spammed IP while he clawed me (also don't spam IP with full HP, let him tear you a bit, then spam IP, so healers can heal you). Of course for every fangs I planned some cooldowns (with armor potion). Also SB/Nelth's Fury must be on for fangs and for some time after it, so I wouldn't die from melee swings. I guess, you can't do much more about it yourself, only external cooldowns might help. I took more damage between fangs (because I used IP and SB less) but it was healable.
    Last edited by vsb; 2017-01-24 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arker42 View Post
    Keep in mind Flashing Fangs cannot be blocked, so Shield Block cannot be relied upon as a 'damage reduction' cooldown for FF itself. Warriors are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to big damage physical attacks that cannot be blocked (e.g., Flashing Fangs, Odyn's spear). Note that analogous rotational defensives to Shield Block or Neltharion's, such as Demon Spikes, Shield of the Righteous, or Eye of Tyr, provide flat damage reductions and are actually useful in reducing those bursts of damage. The only thing you as a Warrior can rely on are A) chunky IPs, B) your big CDs, C) external CDs.

Although SBlock is not useful for FF, it is a critical part of lowering your damage intake prior to a FF, helping you maintain as much health and as big of an IP as possible before FF. As you pointed out, a full IP is often not enough, especially if you are below max health. Therefore, you will need to cycle through your own defensives to survive each burst. If you are out of personal CDs, the only option you have as a Warrior is to call on externals to patch up the gap in your defense.

TL;DR - Call on your healers for externals!

- - - Updated - - -

That works well if one of the tanks isn't a warrior. However, if your main tank is a warrior (e.g., two warrior tanks), you'll end up having to solve the problem OP is mentioning. Warriors are simply at a disadvantage when it comes to soaking physical abilities that cannot be blocked as a gigantic part of our toolkit and balancing revolves around being able to block attacks. This is why warriors have historically struggled with mechanics such as Oregorger's Acid torrent, Odyn's Spear, and Guarm's Flashing Fangs, all of which are physical yet cannot be reduced by our primary defensive tool.

As we will likely be running into this problem over and over again throughout the raid tiers, it is best to encourage Warriors to become comfortable with calling for externals.
    This would explain why I get whomped so hard during these fights. I browse these forums often for my own personal research and improvement for my tank skills. I could never understand why I would get hit so hard, we rely so heavily on that shield block to mitigate most of the damage dealt to us outside of magical abilities. Is there an indication or an easy way to find out if these boss abilities are in fact a non-blockable, or is it just simply having to look at the logs and seeing (Blocked) not pop up in them?

Having only done this fight a few times, I dont have much to add, but I dont remember there being much of an issue with this when rotating defensive cooldowns. Granted at the time indom was still the talent to go with.