View Poll Results: What will you do after capping 54 ranks on MS artifact?

Voters
35. This poll is closed
  • Continue on MS anyway

8 22.86%
  • Develop OS

17 48.57%
  • Switch to Alts

10 28.57%
  • Play other games

7 20.00%
  • Catch up on RL

11 31.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.

What will you do after 54?

For some of you, the question should be read as "What are you doing after 54?"

Reminds me of the Beetles Song "When I'm 64"
    Will you still need me?
    Will you still feed me?
    Will you still log on to play me?

What will you do with they time you've been spending on your main WoW squeeze, after you're capped on AP?

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-01-15 at 06:10 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Simple:

1. Develop Other Specs, While developing RL!

2. Grinding the alts, while grinding RL!

3. Focus on Other games, While focusing on RL!

And Let's Not Forget main spec.

Play less than I do now, really. My play time cut back significantly once I hit the 5% buff, I don't even actively pursue AP at this point. I have an alt, but really don't have the motivation to push further with it (866 ilvl, AP around 23 or so), and i'm not all that interested in anything other than 1 spec on each of these classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    no time for alts, and it will be a long time until I hit that number.
    discretionary time is a premium the older I get.

Deleted
    When I hit 54, all new AP gained will be invested into my OS. However I will still be playing my main class and spec the most- as I'm grinding prestige. For me the "real" question is, what will I do when I hit prestige cap ? Currently in a few honor levels away from 8, and the current cap is 9. Guess I will be farming AP while capped, and still farms kills to get "bloodthirsty" which is something like 50k away.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep the grind going what else ?

It'll be a while for me.

Deleted
    Eh, I am at 40 and I hardly if ever grind. I used to do a daily heroic every day for the AP up to 34 to get the model as soon as I could, but then what actually happened is that I got the secret skin and I switched to that instead. And besides, everything I get now is either from the occasional mythic I do or the emissary chest.

I will eventually reach 54 on The Silver Hand, possibly even in a month or a bit more of casual "grinding", and that will be way before we ever get close to 7.2, so I think I will start dumping AP on my Ashbringer instead. I have very little interest and time to focus on alts outside of leveling to 110 and doing the class campaigns just for the sake of immersion.

So yeah, as far as the poll is concerned, it's option B.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2017-01-15 at 07:54 AM.

Why are people actively pursuing the 54 points. Once you get your 5% trait, the others only give 0.5% and take millions of AP to fill in. Fuck. That. Shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Why are people actively pursuing the 54 points. Once you get your 5% trait, the others only give 0.5% and take millions of AP to fill in. Fuck. That. Shit.
    Personally, I have little interest in playing any of my off-specs considering I will not only need to develop a weapon, but I will need an entirely different gear for itemization and optimal stats, not to mention viable trinkets. If secondaries weren't as much of a factor, I would definitely get more invested in Retribution and Protection.

So why not. A total of 15% in the end that will stick with me for months and take a month or two to complete casually? Why not?

Probably the next expansion. I have been chiseling away at the 'AP' grind at a snail's pace. This expansion is by far the easiest one to get burnt out of and quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I do mythic raids and want my character to be the best possible?
    Because the 54th trait is a total of 14.5% more damage?
    Because I use it more than my offspec?
    Take your pick

As for the OP: Probably finish off my OS. When that's at 54, I'll probably just stop doing heroics, and nothing else, unless I have all the legendaries for my class/spec, in which case I'll also stop doing more than one m+ a week

10+ Year Old Account
    At 25 artifact knowledge, world quests and dungeons give hundreds of thousands of AP. With the traits only costing 2.2mil and maxing out at around 4mil for 54, they are actually very reasonable to obtain. ONE +10 mythic dungeon gives 300k, world quests go up to 100k+ for 2minutes of your time EACH. It's really not as bad as it sounds. As for the purpose, 14.5% extra damage is very significant.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-15 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    At 25 artifact knowledge, world quests and dungeons give hundreds of thousands of AP. With the traits only costing 2.2mil and maxing out at around 4mil for 54, they are actually very reasonable to obtain. ONE +10 mythic dungeon gives 300k, world quests go up to 100k+ for 2minutes of your time EACH. It's really not as bad as it sounds. As for the purpose, 14.5% extra damage is very significant.
    Yeah, 14.5% more damage is approximately an entire tier of equipment.

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)