Poll: Should multi-boxing be against the WoW terms of service?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    It's funny how whenever you have an opinion on something people think you must be for some side. Do you play a multibox? Is that why you disagree?

- - - Updated - - -

Stop crying, get good. You are bad.
    You sound a little agitated there, pal. Seriously not helping the rumours that you were ganked by a multiboxer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question. The justification given is that they are still controlling all x amount of characters. Obviously there's a bit of stretch saying that, I would say we consider "playing a character" a 1:1 thing. Wondering what the general consensus is.
    Perhaps you should tell the rest of us what is bothering you, and the exact situation you are trying to get a 'consensus' on. Because your question is rooted in the extremely vague you aren't going to get an accurate opinion for what you truly are looking for an opinion on.

and No, if they comply with the rules then it should not be against the ToS.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Perhaps you should tell the rest of us what is bothering you, and the exact situation you are trying to get a 'consensus' on. Because your question is rooted in the extremely vague you aren't going to get an accurate opinion for what you truly are looking for an opinion on.

and No, if they comply with the rules then it should not be against the ToS.
    The ToS are the rules. Multiboxing being allowed does not answer the question "should multiboxing be allowed".
    I only made the thread out of curiosity. I've seen people talk about multiboxing but never gotten a feel for the overall forum opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    You sound a little agitated there, pal. Seriously not helping the rumours that you were ganked by a multiboxer.
    I'm making fun of the childish logic. I haven't seen a multiboxer since WoD.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-29 at 02:59 AM.

The ToS are the rules. Multiboxing being allowed does not answer the question "should multiboxing be allowed".
    I only made the thread out of curiosity. I've seen people talk about multiboxing but never gotten a feel for the overall forum opinion.
    And now you have it by a margin of almost 2 to 1. Not that it matters because blizz says multiboxing is okay and that's the only opinion that counts...

Multi-boxing is for lowlifes.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    And now you have it by a margin of almost 2 to 1. Not that it matters because blizz says multiboxing is okay and that's the only opinion that counts...
    oh gee, I guess we can't discuss things.

Yes, but it will never happen, because Blizz gets to make more bank from it.

We both know you're reaching really hard. When you press the 3 key you are pressing one ability, not 5.
    As long as you're sending one key press per account, it's permissible.

You can press '3' and make the game press five abilities. You don't have to be a multiboxer, you can set up software to send extra key presses on a single account. This is absolutely in violation of the TOS.

If you have several accounts going, and you press 3, and all each account does is press a single key, that's okay. "One key press=one action" is per character. As long as no extra actions are being taken, the player is not doing anything illegal with his accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    As long as you're sending one key press per account, it's permissible.

You can press '3' and make the game press five abilities. You don't have to be a multiboxer, you can set up software to send extra key presses on a single account. This is absolutely in violation of the TOS.

If you have several accounts going, and you press 3, and all each account does is press a single key, that's okay. "One key press=one action" is per character. As long as no extra actions are being taken, the player is not doing anything illegal with his accounts.
    I know what you're saying. But it's still just splitting hairs. There's what it is technically and then there's what it is in reality.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-29 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I just don't care. There's way more annoying things I've dealt with in this game than multiboxers, and I encounter them rarely enough to be bothered.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account

I'm making fun of the childish logic. I haven't seen a multiboxer since WoD.
    Nice dodge to my question, so I'll go with 'Yes, it should be allowed', or "No, the ToS shouldn't be changed". Whichever satisfies you. Since you clearly have a situation in mind and dont see fit to share that with us.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-01-29 at 06:25 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Hmm, I believe it is supposed to be against the ToS, but I don't really think it should be. Unlike bots who ruin the economy (and up until Legion used to steal other people's nodes for example), these guys are basically harmless. And I've been ganked by multiboxers. I will forever remember how I was a level 27 night elf hunter with really good gear walking down the Ashenvale highway and 5 level 23 orc hunters came at me. I managed to grind so much honor points.... Over and over and over again. I kept hunting them throughout Ashenvale 2 days in a row. (Was during WotLK, 3.3.5a).

He managed to kill me a few times as well, but my strategy was quite successful. Kill the main character - orchuntera (since you know, the names are like orchuntera, orchunterb, orchunterc, orchunterd, orchuntere) and to move the other guys he has to switch the tab, but that takes him time and I have already killed 2 others... and while he is looking for an alive character, I finish off the rest.

what aspect are you to look at concerning multiboxing?

IMO, paying for and using multiple accounts shouldn't be an issue in any way. The issues that are something of concern are the methods through which these characters are all controlled. In the end, unless they are obviously automating the actions of teh characters there shouldn't be any real issue concerning ToS.

No, it's not against the rules. It's just sad and pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh they're too rare of an occurrence to really frustrate me to the point I wish multiboxing was against the ToS.

Deleted
    Simple question. The justification given is that they are still controlling all x amount of characters. Obviously there's a bit of stretch saying that, I would say we consider "playing a character" a 1:1 thing. Wondering what the general consensus is.
    No. Simple answer.

dam what a waste of my first post...

but nah leave them to it. Its quite amusing seeing them running around

No, Blizzard makes more money. Close thread.

Nope. You pay for the accounts and play in a way that doesn't break the ToS, there is no reason for them to be banned. There is one on my server who camps out the FFA PVP quests, but unfortunately, that's just life.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. Other than getting ganked in the open world (and not often) why would you hate them? I've never multiboxed but I can understand the appeal. Besides, they have to pay for each account and that can be anywhere from 5-25 accounts if not more. You really think blizzard is going to ban that?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.