Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I just remembered something. Aren't leaks bad because you guys are mad at Russia? Or are they bad only when they work against you?
    I guess you don't understand the part that a foreign government got into the process of an election? This is basically a whistleblower working in the government. Not Vladimir Putin letting out comments that Trump is a narcissistic dumbass.

One of my friends linked this to me. Didn't know what to think of the title, but the article itself is...eye opening.

Trial Balloon for a Coup?
    Analyzing the news of the past 24 hours

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/tr...1d5#.t1xiuii0c

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I guess you don't understand the part that a foreign government got into the process of an election? This is basically a whistleblower working in the government. Not Vladimir Putin letting out comments that Trump is a narcissistic dumbass.
    You mean something we do regularly to other countries in bloodier fashion that it looks really hypocritical to cry about emails being leaked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I just remembered something. Aren't leaks bad because you guys are mad at Russia? Or are they bad only when they work against you?
    I just remembered something. Don't people try to deflect and use false equivalence when they don't have a valid point they can make?

This is not someone who illegally pried into someone else's private email. This is someone talking about their day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I just remembered something. Don't people try to deflect and use false equivalence when they don't have a valid point they can make?

This is not someone who illegally pried into someone else's private email. This is someone talking about their day at work.
    Which is why they are being called leaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    One of my friends linked this to me. Didn't know what to think of the title, but the article itself is...eye opening.

Trial Balloon for a Coup?
    Analyzing the news of the past 24 hours

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/tr...1d5#.t1xiuii0c
    Hm pretty interesting read, I would second your recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This goes hand in hand with what Putin's old KGB superiors thought of him: he was lucky, but mistakingly thought he was a good gambler, when in fact he was reckless and rather dim and incapable of responding intelligently when he screwed up. That's why he was sent to Eastern Germany. It was a career dead end. It was his superiors gently saying "it's time to re-evaluate your career choices".
    How amusing, those are hallmark psychopath traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The comments have salty journalist written all over it. I guess in time we will see if any of these predictions are true. So far who cares but the whining left?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The comments have salty journalist written all over it. I guess in time we will see if any of these predictions are true. So far who cares but the whining left?
    Sure, if you ignore everything they have said that came true thus far.

So far who is trying to silence free speech but the fascist right?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    The article is about a literally Nazi-esque takeover of the US.

Even if it's wrong, you should care. The response to being taken over by Nazis is not "meh, whatever".

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Sure, if you ignore everything they have said that came true thus far.

So far who is trying to silence free speech but the fascist right?
    Like what? I'm not trying to silence anyone? I just don't see how #whitehousewikileaks really matters in the grand scheme of things?

- - - Updated - - -

The article is about a literally Nazi-esque takeover of the US.

Even if it's wrong, you should care. The response to being taken over by Nazis is not "meh, whatever".
    You put too much power in the president and don't consider any type of balance of power. Did you read how judges have blocked some green card holders from being sent back? I guess those are all lies as well in your world? It's one of the chief problems as a nation we are facing. Too much relevancy on national level and not enough on local level.

10+ Year Old Account
    You put too much power in the president and don't consider any type of balance of power.
    Actually I've said nothing but. I simply said you should care about a Nazi-esque takeover, even if the article was wrong.

Like what?
    Read the twitter page? Sorry that I won't spoonfeed you.

I'm not trying to silence anyone? I just don't see how #whitehousewikileaks really matters in the grand scheme of things?
    Matters enough for you to make childish insults like "whining left" to silence opponents when something factual but inconvenient to the fascist Trumpet agenda has been brought up.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Actually I've said nothing but. I simply said you should care about a Nazi-esque takeover, even if the article was wrong.
    Now you are in denial about what you said? I won't believe it because he simply cannot just take over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Read the twitter page? Sorry that I won't spoonfeed you.

Matters enough for you to make childish insults like "whining left" to silence opponents when something factual but inconvenient to the fascist Trumpet agenda has been brought up.
    I read it. It sounds like a salty journalist. Some of the comments are very striking in that regard and tone. Well the left has put on this spectacle of acting like petulant children since november. I guess it's easier than looking in the mirror and figuring out where it all went wrong?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-01-31 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you are in denial about what you said? I won't believe it because he simply cannot just take over.
    Circle the part where I agreed with the article. Go ahead.

The article describes a Nazi-esque takeover of the US. I was very clear: you should care.

Like what? I'm not trying to silence anyone? I just don't see how #whitehousewikileaks really matters in the grand scheme of things?

- - - Updated - - -

You put too much power in the president and don't consider any type of balance of power. Did you read how judges have blocked some green card holders from being sent back? I guess those are all lies as well in your world? It's one of the chief problems as a nation we are facing. Too much relevancy on national level and not enough on local level.
    Please remember people actually believed Trump would be launching nukes left and right despite the safeguards that have always been there.

Circle the part where I agreed with the article. Go ahead.

The article describes a Nazi-esque takeover of the US. I was very clear: you should care.
    You keep defending it everytime you respond to my post. In denial about that also? I've stated why I don't care. You don't have to like it but this is going nowhere. Just like the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep defending it everytime you respond to my post.
    No. I said you should care. That's not the same thing.

No. I said you should care. That's not the same thing.
    Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points is it?
    Circle the part where "care" and "believe" are synonyms.

You are allowed to care about something you don't believe. In fact, that's what makes people object the most.

Look, just read the Rogue POTUS bits again. The described actions do not match the article you think I'm defending. In fact, I've been pretty vocal, recently, about the GOP using Trump and then discarding him. That also doesn't fit the article.

If that doesn't cement the difference, then this conversation is over. But just to be clear, while I understand what the author is going for, the evidence seems to suggest that Trump is an irrational, incompetent tool more than a Nazi mastermind.