Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Unless the patient is acting. Without physical proof, acting can prevent accurate psychological diagnosis. The diagnosis would be based on a lie.
    I find it hard to believe that someone can act the exact same way their entire life, and even in that case, it would effectively mean that acting is their personality anyway.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So some left wing looney spent 20 years at university, got a degree and calls a conservative president a narcissist?
    Any chance you can be rational?

Maybe not.

Just for your information - your lack of belief will NOT stop Trump being mentally ill, nor will it make him suitable for the job.

Reality as described exists independent of your lack of interest in science.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    it would effectively mean that acting is their personality anyway.
    To a layman - possibly, however that level of consistency isn't possible for a human being. To the expert, that sort of difference can be determined.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't correctly diagnose someone if they are acting.
    No - I can't, but then I can't diagnose a heart condition either.

However - both can be diagnosed by experts in their field - and both can be done without personal contact.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Maybe not.

Maybe not.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Maybe not.
    You are welcome to find a doctor trained in psychiatry to disagree.

It's the word of the uneducated alt-right versus a trained psychologist.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect, it just has to be done with expert knowledge ... diagnosis of all sorts of conditions including mental illness is frequently done over the wire.

The only reason you would need to meet personally is to evaluate cause and treatment.

He is currently breaking the law, I just don't want to see a mentally ill person jailed - when the correct action is to take him out of harms way and help him.

Please stop denying every bit of evidence that gets put out there - this man is not suitable to be president. That is undeniable.
    It is absolutely deniable.

You guys have made me defend a man I never thought I'd have to defend in my life. I've fought ever since childhood against religious zealotry. The fact that I have to side with someone who's the head of the republican party, the single biggest enemy I ever had in my life, should in itself be outrageous.

But your group cannot accept what has been handed out to you. Your group will do everything -- anything -- to smear, discredit, or fight against someone who was rightfully elected.

Rightfully elected. Do you know what that mean?

Not popular vote. He won with the system that has been there for centuries. It was a fair win, even if you're disgruntled.

And yes, you need a direct relationship with a client to analyse his mental health state. I know, I suffer from both GAD and Social Anxiety. Public image is one thing, what's going on behind the scene is something else.

You know what's worse? The more you try to push these stupid stories, the stronger the pro-Trump base solidify itself. Because you have nothing to discredit him. You want to discredit his program. Turns out, people voted for his program. You can disagree with it. I disagree with it. But the more you try to smear him, the more you strengthen their grip.

That makes you a useful idiot.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Don't have any other option sadly.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

can be diagnosed by experts
    What makes them an expert if you can't understand what they are doing? They could be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Rightfully elected. Do you know what that mean?
    Indeed, but we are talking about Trump here.... and I'm trying to change the discussion to the matters that make him ineligible to be president legally in this thread.

you need a direct relationship with a client to analyse his mental health state.
    Not a direct, an in depth.... also, diagnosis of condition is just the outer layer of mental health state. The full analysis including treatment and cause of course can't be done without personal contact.

But we are talking about PURELY the diagnosis of condition here.

That is - we are talking about he easier part of the process.

What makes them an expert if you can't understand what they are doing? They could be lying.
    So scientists are lying as well, yes? Or any professional doing something you don't know?

What makes them an expert if you can't understand what they are doing?
    Science - learn how it works dude....

Look - we know for a fact the dude isn't fit to be president. Currently there are a lot of personal attacks against the man, a lot of head in the sand about the man. He isn't fit to be president for a stack of different reasons. But being sick pretty much overrides all the others...for his own sack and the country's sack and the world's sake.

I'm just trying to make the hate stop... focusing hatred against a sick man isn't right. It can, and probably will destroy him given his condition.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-01-29 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    We all age, but not all of us grow up.
    True Ive been 13 for 11 years almost 12 now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

This is pretty stupid and overtly political.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, but we are talking about Trump here.... and I'm trying to change the discussion to the matters that make him ineligible to be president legally in this thread.

Not a direct, an in depth.... also, diagnosis of condition is just the outer layer of mental health state. The full analysis including treatment and cause of course can't be done without personal contact.

But we are talking about PURELY the diagnosis of condition here.

That is - we are talking about he easier part of the process.
    Psychologists has tried for years to diagnose Hitler, a man who has been thoroughly documented. None has been able to make a claim that was agreed at large.

You cannot emit a diagnosis without having a client relationship. There's a reason why even you wrote "breaking normal ethical guidelines".

He's there to stay. Better make peace with that and work on not electing him in 2020 before you burn all your chances and crash down again.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is pretty stupid and overtly political.
    Science, research and facts should never be stupid or political.

I'm just trying to make the hate stop... focusing hatred against a sick man isn't right. It can, and probably will destroy him given his condition.
    Regardless of whether or not you actually believe this, it just comes across as incredibly patronizing and pretty much nobody is going to believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Science, research and facts should never be stupid or political.
    Being willfully obtuse is, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Psychologists has tried for years to diagnose Hitler,
    Hitler wasn't conversing pretty much 24/7 for 2 years via several different methods... Hitler required personal access because back then - there wasn't much else to use.

You cannot emit a diagnosis without having a client relationship.
    That doesn't reflect the real world, where diagnosis is often done without the client. That's just reality.

Better make peace with that and work on not electing him in 2020
    I didn't have any say in his election last year, nor will I have in 2020. The vast majority of the people who he will directly impact on do not.

Having said that - he won't last until then.

- - - Updated - - -

Being willfully obtuse is, however.
    Sorry, I don't follow??

Science - learn how it works
    Sure, but you just said you don't know how to diagnose anyone, so you wouldn't know if an "expert" is lying.

Regardless of whether or not you actually believe this,
    Belief is - entirely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hitler wasn't conversing pretty much 24/7 for 2 years via several different methods... Hitler required personal access because back then - there wasn't much else to use.

That doesn't reflect the real world, where diagnosis is often done without the client. That's just reality.

I didn't have any say in his election last year, nor will I have in 2020. The vast majority of the people who he will directly impact on do not.

Having said that - he won't last until then.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I don't follow??
    I'll say this again: by emmiting a diagnosis without a direct personnal contact with the patient, there is a huge ethical breach which render the diagnosis void.

The only sick people are those that are disillusioned enough to still think they can hit Trump and somehow make him resign his position. It's called delusional disorder.
    Google Diversity Memo

Sure, but you just said you don't know how to diagnose anyone, so you wouldn't know if an "expert" is lying.
    If we keep denying the message because we don't like the messenger - we are in for a bad time.

This guy isn't the first to identify a serious mental disorder in Trump, all through 2016 his narcissistic disorder was well know. The above person is just one person who has done a full professional analysis of the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll say this again: by emmiting a diagnosis without a direct personnal contact with the patient, there is a huge ethical breach which render the diagnosis void.
    The ethical issue is with disclosing the findings, as mentioned in the article. However the finding itself is still correct.

Diagnosis without direct personal contact is done as a matter of course in many parts of the world - as a necessity.

One specific example is uncooperative patients, or remote patients. It makes the process take longer, but it is still entirely in the realm of practice.