Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Superbowl Ads Make Great list of Companies to Boycott

Whatever happened to the days where the commercials during the Superbowl were something to look forward to. Something that would always bring a smile to your face, and make a good topic of light hearted banter around the office the next day. Even if you didnt like the teams playing, you could enjoy the commercials. Now they are all like political campaign ads, and many of them drive away business. I thought the point of an ad was to advertise your product to increase sales. Not to be a vessel for political messages.

This year once again, the Superbowl made it quite easy for me to round out my list of businesses to boycott.

It started out with the Google gay pride ad, then we got the repeat of the Cocacola insult to America ad from 2014 that started by boycott list, by desecrating a national hymn, and promoting that its good for others to shit on American culture instead of embracing it and assimilating.

Then we had the Pro Illegal Alien 84 Lumber commercial (of which they were forced to only show 90 seconds of it, heres the full ad). They were once a great company but now they are shills for illegal immigrants so construction firms can continue using cheap labor paying illegal aliens slave wages instead of paying Americans $20+ an hour to build things. Hopefully Trump demands the wall not be built with any wood from 84 lumber.

Then we move onto Budweiser also shilling for letting illegal aliens in:

And we had Feminazi Audi insinuating that women are paid peanuts when we all know thats not true at all. It might appear that way on paper if you figure in things like unpaid days off for sick kids, maternity leave, etc.. but on an hourly rate, there is no pay gap:

Then we got the LGBT agenda and pro illegal immigration shoved in our face again by airBNB:

And lastly some hair place nobody heard of called "Its a 10" had to insult our president by insuating we have 4 years of bad hair days:

Last edited by Orlong; 2017-02-06 at 02:10 PM.

I'm sure you imagine that they'll miss your business.

But congrats on plugging the advertisements...

I love when hateful bigots get outraged by everything.

Awwwww, you poor wittle thing. Here's a bandaid for your booboo

There needs to be a white male actor quota for ads. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Whatever happened to the days where the commercials during the Superbowl were something to look forward to. ... blah blah blah
    Awww, the opposing political view point hurt your feelings and now you have to "boycott" them?

I'm not sure when the best time is to run an ad to make a point and show that we are all in this together on Earth, but I would guess that the Super Bowl is that time.

lol poor conservatives. Triggered by everybody who reject their bullshit.

I'm glad that you're carefully creating your own safe space.

I had a friend complain about the Budweiser commercial. She said it undermined the law, and hurt America. I reminded her that her father was a Hell's Angel who cooked meth. I wonder if she's mad at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I love when hateful bigots get outraged by everything.
    Pretty much. Orlong is the leading example in that category too
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The one that specially touched my heart was the one made by 84 lumber. I was at the brink of crying in front of my tv.

I'm sure the businesses wont notice the loss of a few bigots.

Honestly, all the commercials were too political in general, which is NOT something I really want to see while watching a Super Bowl. I expected fun / funny commercials, and got overpaid piles of shit imo.

Couldn't even find the puppy bowl this year. Found the kitten bowl though.

If it's going to be like this every year, then I'd rather watch something else.

Aliens? Has USA been invaded again by the extraterrestrials?

If you want to get politics out of sports, fine. Get rid of the the flyover from military aircraft, the National Anthen, America the Beautiful, and the recitatin of the Pledge at halftime.

Also the Budweiser ad touched my heart, I really have a soft spot for immigrants.

I do think it's in poor taste to put such a heavy focus on making commercials political. A lot of people are getting pretty tired of that sort of thing and that is by no means limited to 'whining Conservatives' despite the inevitable posts along those lines that will be posted here.

Aren't conservatives usually the ones who tell liberals to grow thicker skin or something?

You republicans really are the masters of the double-standard, just like the feminists you so profoundly hate. Oh the irony!
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

I find it weird that I have to sort of agree with Orlong for once. Ah well
    Allthough I have never been a witness to the Superbowl or it's ads, I have seen ads myself and I have to say that unless these ads are specifically political in nature, as opposed to trying to sell wares.. They should leave politics out of it; seeing politics and agendas being pushed everywhere you go is annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I do think it's in poor taste to put such a heavy focus on making commercials political. A lot of people are getting pretty tired of that sort of thing and that is by no means limited to 'whining Conservatives' despite the inevitable posts along those lines that will be posted here.
    Kelloggs
    Rogue One
    Hamilton
    SNL
    Starbucks
    Target
    Macy's
    Coke
    Pepsi
    Safeway
    Hollywood
    Budweiser
    Audi
    Airbnb
    Lady Gaga
    Random Air Products

How many more examples can we come up with in just the last 6 months of conservatives throwing a conniption about companies making political statements they disagree with while going around and thumping their chests about how liberals need to get a thicker skin.

Nobody gives a fuck if you don't like something. Its when you're a giant hypocrite about it that makes it funny. Pretending to be anti-PC while acting exactly like a triggered SJW. For as asinine as SJWs are, they at least aren't going around telling all non-SJWs to grow a thicker skin. They've embraced the lulcows that they are. Meanwhile Conservatives pretend to pro-Freedom of Speech yet throw a hissy fit whenever anybody says a political opinion they disagree with. Including the President of the United States lol.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-06 at 02:27 PM.

How do trump supporters boycott anything when they don't have any money to begin with.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.