Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Thumbs up CEO Uses 'Snowflake Test' to Weed Out Whiny, Unproductive Job Applicants

Source

After releasing a video taking on whiney, complaining students, The Silent Partner Marketing, a boutique firm focused on helping businesses grow, was flooded with resumes --but before potential applicants are hired, they must pass a unique test.

Kyle Reyes, CEO of The Silent Partner Marketing, told the FOX Business Network’s Stuart Varney, a “snowflake test” is used to vet job applicants.

“A snowflake is somebody who is going to whine and complain and come to the table with nothing but an entitled attitude and an inability to back their perspective,” he said.

According to Reyes, the company has eliminated 60 percent of interviewees through the application process.

“We used it to sort of weed out the people who were inundating us with resumes and didn’t even know what we do for work,” he said.

The test includes questions revolving around a candidate’s stance on America, police, and guns (some were asked to Varney, who passed the test), but Reyes said he’s not concerned about discrimination lawsuits.

“There’s no discrimination here because what this really is, is a glorified personality test. This is something that happens in interviews every single day,” he said.
    This is awesome and funny at the same time. I had to take a personality test once, it asked me things like "is taking things home from work without permission stealing?" After I was hired I asked my manager, who in the hell could possibility fail that? He said, "You would be surprised..."

The test includes questions revolving around a candidate’s stance on America, police, and guns (some were asked to Varney, who passed the test), but Reyes said he’s not concerned about discrimination lawsuits.
    Hahahahahaha!

On a more serious note, personality tests don't really work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The video in the article for those of us who are lazy. Pretty amusing stuff.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hahahahahaha!

On a more serious note, personality tests don't really work.
    they do with snowflakes, since they are so easily triggered

Actually checked into this guys "company" and using the term CEO is not really accurate. He is an advertiser who is selling what Republicans want to hear. If he discriminates against people for what they believe that is against the law in the United States unless he is a religious organization.

This guy is extremely dangerous because he is doing this to sell his marketing firm to gullible idiots but stupidity like this is what ends up in front of the Supreme Court and how corporations get more of the same rights as people without any of the actual responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post
    they do with snowflakes, since they are so easily triggered
    Keep believing that you special snowflake, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I see plenty of triggered people on the right.

Plenty.

People on the right (I consider myself to be moderate) tend to think that snowflakes are a uniquely left phenomenon, but it's not. The right has their own version of political correctness called patriotic correctness. My boss, for instance, is a card carrying conservative whom I admire and respect greatly, but she got "triggered" one time when we were at a sporting event and I didn't have my hand over my heart "like a patriot" during the National Anthem.

The "test" seems more like a survey used to identify political leanings and beliefs, which can't be used in a hiring decision. People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.
    Last edited by Freese; 2017-03-23 at 01:00 PM.
    Skoldier for life.

I fail to see why my stance on guns would be relevant for a job...unless it's a gun store, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I fail to see why my stance on guns would be relevant for a job...unless it's a gun store, obviously.
    It's not. It's a political test that's not even thinly disguised as a personality test.

I can't quite put my finger on who this sounds like though...

“A snowflake is somebody who is going to whine and complain and come to the table with nothing but an entitled attitude and an inability to back their perspective,”

Hmmm

Seems more designed to determine attitude to me which absolutely can be factored into hiring decisions.

Deleted
    I can't help but to feel that it is more to do with finding people that'll do as much as possible, without asking for anything in return, essentially obedient and loyal. Which in perspective, I am not sure if one should be particularly proud of the questions, because if that is what they reflect, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Seems more designed to determine attitude to me which absolutely can be factored into hiring decisions.
    But they are trying to predict "attitude" based on political beliefs, which is illegal.
    Skoldier for life.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    It's not. It's a political test that's not even thinly disguised as a personality test.

I can't quite put my finger on who this sounds like though...

“A snowflake is somebody who is going to whine and complain and come to the table with nothing but an entitled attitude and an inability to back their perspective,”

Hmmm
    Yeah, watched the video now, I'm pretty grateful that i don't have to put up with this kind of employer, feel sorry for the people who have to. IF something like this became public here, this kind of employers would go out of business pretty fast. Unless i cry at work - which i don't, obviously - it's really none of you shitty business. If you want to employ right wing idiots, fine, but don't expect the general public to support your endeavour.

It's a shitty position from a morale standpoint, but an even shittier business decision. If you want to call me "lefty snowflake" for having some basic self-respect, fine. You're losing an awesome employee.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-03-23 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Funny, but I would never want to work for any employeer that uses personality tests.

10+ Year Old Account
    lefty snowflakes..

While I applaud the idea of creating a sophisticated test that can weed out anyone and anything related to the workplace, and the job profile, this crap is not such test.
    I would be surprised if they get away with it for long.
    There are anti discrimination laws in the labor laws for a reason. And before someone gets their blood boiling and tries to invoke the SJW bla bla. Labor law discrimination is a thing ever since, and long before it was trendy to feel hurt because minority.
    Ones personal stance towards America, police, and guns is just that, personal, private. If it has nothing to do with the job, its none of anyone's business.
    Same goes btw with email and or social media access.. Fuck you, if you'd ask for that kind of shit.
    Sometimes it really puzzles me how Americans can nod such things off, and approve of em, when on the other side I've never experienced another society that's so utterly obsessed with it's privacy.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on the right (I consider myself to be moderate) tend to think that snowflakes are a uniquely left phenomenon, but it's not. The right has their own version of political correctness called patriotic correctness. My boss, for instance, is a card carrying conservative whom I admire and respect greatly, but she got "triggered" one time when we were at a sporting event and I didn't have my hand over my heart "like a patriot" during the National Anthem.
    I'm yet to meet a triggered and constantly outraged left leaning person. Constantly outraged people on the far right however I meet almost on a weekly basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Keep believing that you special snowflake, you.
    The "No u" style of arguing just shows you lost your own argument Mormolyce, stop being such a crybaby.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Funny, but I would never want to work for any employeer that uses personality tests.
    That rules out eg. army and police.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Never heard of this guy. CEO doesn't mean anything. I know CEOs of companies that are worth like $20,000.

If you want to weed out entitlement there are about 50 better ways to do it.