Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Your top 3 MMOs of all time

No contest for me.

1 Final Fantasy 14
    2 Everquest
    3 Final Fantasy 11

Honorable mentions would be Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 and Runescape.

What about you all? What are your top 3 MMOs and honorable mentions?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW
    EVE
    [NA] No other comes close enough to make 3rd place. (I have never played FF14. I cant deal with japanese storytelling.)

Honorable Mentions:

-The new incarnation of Wildstar isnt terrible. Pretty active community, lots of stuff to do.
    -The original GW was fun back when competitive pvp was endgame. (Dont really care for GW2)

10+ Year Old Account
    1. WoW (self explanatory)
    2. SWtOR (Love the story based take on the MMO genre. Not quite as good as what KotOR 3 could be but it'll do for now)
    3. Runescape (Haven't played it years but it was absolutely addicting. It was also my first MMO. That much depth for a browser based MMO is nothing short of amazing)

10+ Year Old Account
    1. WoW
    2. FFXIV
    3. DAoC

The third spot was a tough pick between Dark Age of Camelot and Ultima Online, but looking back at UO, I'm pretty sure most of my fond memories are just nostalgia. Camelot blows it out of the water with its accessibility and gameplay options.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

1. World of Warcraft
    2. Wildstar
    3. Guild Wars 2

- In no particular order!

1. WoW (took over ferentus when it shut down)
    2. Ferentus (my first MMO)
    3. SWToR (because star wars)

Honorable mentions:
    FFXIV
    Black Desert Online
    Last edited by effs; 2017-02-02 at 04:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Secret World
    WoW

Wow, Everquest, Mu online

1-WoW: got addicted to it in Vanilla
    2-GW2: The gameplay feels more engaging and I have to think a bit more well playing. Also enjoy the casual aspect of it.
    3-SWtoR: Lore and story leveling up.

Now lets mix them all together. A Star Wars game with WoW's addictive features (The quality of raiding, pvp, the open world, Trinity system, etc) and GW2 game mechanics and open world design (world bosses and such).

10+ Year Old Account
    1. ESO
    2. WoW
    3. SWTOR

1. WoW (no contest really)
    2. GW2 (genuinely think this was the best attempt at a Western MMO since WoW)

BIG GAP

3. Lineage 2
    3. Perfect world
    3. GW1
    3. Aion

3rd place was hard, I just wrote down some of the MMOs I enjoyed most over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow
    ff11
    everquest

anything else is mostly a pale copy not worthy of your time(by that I mean all your time, it's fine to just try a new game for a few days/weeks). it's alright to live in a capitalist society and to try getting money but to receive honors you must be good enough, and that is obviously almost impossible

I might be wrong because I did not played EVERY mmos, but I think I got enough knowledge to be able to say that. chances are if an mmo is good enough, not just "a good game", it would be rather known among gamers.

lots of enjoyable mmo got released around the same time as wow or slightly before, star wars galaxies, dark age of camelot. I don't count eve online, the game is too different. after that era, things increased in quantity and lowered in quality.

lots of unreal engine/synthetic looking games are plaguing the market.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-02-02 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    1. WoW. I mean, I've played this one for over 10 years and I still am. It changed the genre forever, although not in the best of ways I'm afraid. It still is my favorite MMO of all time.
    2. SWG. No game ever managed to give you a feeling what it would be like to actually live in the Star Wars universe, except for this one. Even though it had so many bugs that it should be illegal and the NGE and CU ruined everything, it was atmospheric as fuck and I got to live out my geeky Star Wars fantasies.
    3. Everquest for pushing the genre into mainstream gaming. Without EQ, there would have never been a WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    1. WoW. I mean, I've played this one for over 10 years and I still am. It changed the genre forever, although not in the best of ways I'm afraid. It still is my favorite MMO of all time.
    2. SWG. No game ever managed to give you a feeling what it would be like to actually live in the Star Wars universe, except for this one. Even though it had so many bugs that it should be illegal and the NGE and CU ruined everything, it was atmospheric as fuck and I got to live out my geeky Star Wars fantasies.
    3. Everquest for pushing the genre into mainstream gaming. Without EQ, there would have never been a WoW.
    Actually there would have been a WoW. It's development goes as far back as 1999 when they started it as a simple WC3 mod. I imagine they would have still worked from it with that. Who knows it might not have been the same MMO but the development started around that time.

But I do agree with you. Everquest and Runescape imo pushed MMOs into the market along with FF11 I guess. I'd call those 3 the big hitters before WoW in my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-02 at 04:39 PM.

1)WoW. Even though I quit, I still praise it for its very tight gameplay systems and attempt to provide something for all players. However, it still clings to the 'raid or die' mentality, which is why I can't return to it.

2)Guild Wars. The original was my first MMO-style experience, and I still remember many aspects of it fondly. Sadly, my account got hacked in ANet's big security cock-up and I just walked away at that point, cos I'd never get back what I lost.

3)Final Fantasy 14. My current game of choice, I love its systems, the quality of story and the way it's been made inclusive for everyone, not just end-game raiders.

1) Ultima Online
    2) Everquest 2
    3) WoW (Current).

1: WOW
    2: SWTOR
    3: Aion or Rift

Warhammer Online, pvp was very good and fun.

Age of Conan, yes i enjoyed it and was one of those who where in the early beta pvp testing. Later raided but then quit and came back and that went on for a while till i quit it all together, some of the best classes and raids ive seen in a mmo.

Black Desert

Wow is obviously there to but i have lost all will to play that, but it's still the best mmo. Played that since early BC but i think it have lost the magic.

Recently played the Final Fantasy mmo to and it's very good, though none of my friends wanted to try so i gave up, not that fun playing a mmo on your own.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-02 at 04:46 PM.

1) WoW
    2) ESO
    3) Secret World

Honorable mentions: Warhammer online (never forget), Guildwars2, Rift, back when it was still good.