Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not exactly.

The Scourge hated Yogg-saron.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Search_for_Slinkin

Vrykul in Ymirheim captured a Faceless one, Yogg made the Scourge's slaves to bonkers and commit suicide.

Also, Faceless ones killed a few cultists when they tried to recover Arthas' heart below Icecrown Citadel.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Tirion%27s_Gambit

The relation between Yogg and The Lich King is just extremely murky, which Blizzard admitted shortly after Wotlk.
    hmmm ok i thoguht they were abit on better grounds, but for sure the old gods would be happy if arthas killed us all off

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Warcrimes which takes place about a year before legion clearly states that Anduin is 15. Which means in Legion he is 16. It's just people try to claim Cata takes two years when it's pretty much clear Vanilla and every expansion are one year each.
    so warcrime happens before draenor
    turns 16 in draenor
    turns 17 during the break of legion, or at the start of legion

and we do know the time between the assault on the broken shore and us returning to the broken isles has to be a few months, as well the broken shore memorial got made pretty quick...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Where has Il'gynoth, Yogg, or heart of Y'shaarj said anything that is a half truth or truth?
    Yogg Saron:
    "He will learn 'no king rules forever' only death is eternal"

C'thun:
    "You will die" (Come on XD we all will!)

To be fair most of the quotes by the old gods are meant to torment you and some could still come true. Things about friends betraying you? We've fought a lot of allies in raids that turned bad. Even Star Augur Etraeus shows us 3 planets with Old Gods that won. Most of them refer to Ny'alotha, which we have yet to see.

I doubt Blizzard would put Il'gynoth's whispers in to be so specific without a plan to use them. If you look at a few some are things that have happened. Some of them will obviously happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Yogg Saron:
    "He will learn 'no king rules forever' only death is eternal"

C'thun:
    "You will die" (Come on XD we all will!)

To be fair most of the quotes by the old gods are meant to torment you and some could still come true. Things about friends betraying you? We've fought a lot of allies in raids that turned bad. Even Star Augur Etraeus shows us 3 planets with Old Gods that won. Most of them refer to Ny'alotha, which we have yet to see.

I doubt Blizzard would put Il'gynoth's whispers in to be so specific without a plan to use them. If you look at a few some are things that have happened. Some of them will obviously happen.
    Cthun=you will die (he was right)

Yog= showing us the three scenarios
    there is forces unseen at play
    this planet is a seed
    we will never truly die
    they are coming for you
    everything you know will fade
    i am your nightmare
    your will is no longer your own
    no king rules forever, only death is eternal

yshaarj= all should bow before you (you flatter me yshaarj >#u#> )
    All you have accomplished yet you still lick the boot of kings
    your allies think you are weak (this seems meta)

nzoth= now that you have heard our whispers it is only a matter of time till you are ours (very much the truth for shadow priests)

yog puzzle box=at the bottem of the ocean even light must die
    there is no sharp distiction between the real and unreal (the emerald nightmare shows this, as it can become so real even when unreal)
    even death may die
    all places all things have souls, all souls can be devoured(literally everything has a soul in wow)
    you will all be alone in the end (well yes when we die we are alone)
    in the land of ny'alotha there is only sleep
    in the sleeping city of ny'alotha walk over mad things
    ny'alotha is a city of old terrible unumbered crimes
    the void sucks at your soul, it is content to feast slowly
    the drowned gods heart is black ice(nzoth)
    in the sunken city, he lays dreaming(more nzoth)
    did you have that dream again? of a black goat with 7 eyes outside? (reference to ysharj)
    the giant rook watches from the dead trees. nothing breaths beneath his shadow (reference to the nightmare)

illgynoth= her heart is a crater, (if this speaks about azeroth it is right and he is telling the truth, as azeroth is becoming more and more corrupt)
    the king of diamonds has been made a pawn( this is right, the king magni, has become nothing but a servent to azeroth now)
    From the earth he ushers his strength... our earth.. our strength (deathwing and the black dragonflight being the aspects of earth, they draw their power from azeroth... and well thats why they become corrupt... the old gods have corrupted the "earth" allthough shouldent it be called azeroth? eh whatever)
    Flesh is his gift, he is your true creator (he is right, we would not exist without the curse of flesh, as we were born from the cursed titan creations when they turned to flesh)

the preist weapon also speaks alot of truths

overall yash and cthun do tell lies but it is during phases you are inside of their mind, and they are trying to consume you

list of the stuff they tell us that are truths

boy is not based on age, and when he says boy-king he means that he is a fresh king.

Warcrimes which takes place about a year before legion clearly states that Anduin is 15. Which means in Legion he is 16. It's just people try to claim Cata takes two years when it's pretty much clear Vanilla and every expansion are one year each.
    People try to claim it because the only official timeline we've received (that being the Ultimate Visual Guide) claims it.

Not that they've ever done a very good job of keeping the timeline consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

this planet is a seed
    we will never truly die
    they are coming for you
    i am your nightmare

nzoth= now that you have heard our whispers it is only a matter of time till you are ours (very much the truth for shadow priests)

there is no sharp distiction between the real and unreal (the emerald nightmare shows this, as it can become so real even when unreal)
    even death may die
    all places all things have souls, all souls can be devoured(literally everything has a soul in wow)
    did you have that dream again? of a black goat with 7 eyes outside? (reference to ysharj)
    the giant rook watches from the dead trees. nothing breaths beneath his shadow (reference to the nightmare)

illgynoth= her heart is a crater, (if this speaks about azeroth it is right and he is telling the truth, as azeroth is becoming more and more corrupt)
    the king of diamonds has been made a pawn( this is right, the king magni, has become nothing but a servent to azeroth now)
    From the earth he ushers his strength... our earth.. our strength (deathwing and the black dragonflight being the aspects of earth, they draw their power from azeroth... and well thats why they become corrupt... the old gods have corrupted the "earth" allthough shouldent it be called azeroth? eh whatever)
    Flesh is his gift, he is your true creator (he is right, we would not exist without the curse of flesh, as we were born from the cursed titan creations when they turned to flesh)

the preist weapon also speaks alot of truths

overall yash and cthun do tell lies but it is during phases you are inside of their mind, and they are trying to consume you

list of the stuff they tell us that are truths
    Don't forget those quotes of our death could still come true. Old Gods measure time differently then we would. Our characters are what? 30-40 years old? Old gods are what? Do we even know how long they've been on Azeroth since they were here before the titans found the planet?

Gul'dan, in his raid encounter, calls Anduin a boy-king. Il'gynoth was obviously talking about Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Don't forget those quotes of our death could still come true. Old Gods measure time differently then we would. Our characters are what? 30-40 years old? Old gods are what? Do we even know how long they've been on Azeroth since they were here before the titans found the planet?
    In Chronicle, the first stated date in the timeline is Chapter III: Ancient Kalimdor, where the Zandalari Empire is said to be 16,000 years before the opening of the dark portal. Chapters 1 and 2 (Mythos and Primordial Azeroth) cover the Old Gods and Titans, and don't even have dates associated with those times. It's implied it's a long, LONG time before the world we know today.

OT: Some Old Gods have said cryptic truths to us, others have been direct, and others have outright lied (so far). The thing about most Old god quotes that we have to remember is that they are meant to be interpreted in whatever ways we imagine, until the truth comes out. Yogg-Saron, upon his death, said "Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh." - which in one way or another alluded to the Cataclysm and the Hour of Twilight. We didn't know what that meant until the next expansion, with the Old Gods' involvement with the Twilight Hammer and Deathwing, fueling their actions to create the Cataclysm so the Old Gods themselves could make the Hour of Twilight.

The Shath'Yar quote there, according to Loreology, means "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity." - this is true as well, since we see shadows of him in Ulduar in the Legion pre-event, and is in-line with other Old Gods (like the Sha, with Y'Shaarj). It should also be noted that the "seedling" is true as well - Azeroth is a World-Soul.

It's entirely possible that Anduin is the "boy king" - but it could be someone else as well, or someone we've never met before. That's the thing about the Old Gods. Blizzard tends to make all those quotes make sense over time, while keeping them cryptic and debated at the time.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2017-02-08 at 02:42 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Pretty sure it is Anduin or Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    Yeah... he is not a "boy" anymore guys... i know he is young, but he is not a boy...

The only boy king atm is Dagran II. So we will have to wait until he grows up, i belive.
    Damn and hear I thought it wasn't going to be a shit post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Pretty sure it is Anduin or Wrathion
    Who would Wrathion be a king of? The two other black dragons?

Anduin has already been called a boy-king by others (like Gul'dan), so I'm 99.99% sure it's Anduin.

Gul'dan literally calls Anduin "boy king" at the start of the Nighthold encounter if you're Alliance. Doesn't matter if you're over 18, "boy" still applies.
    "Have you forgotten your humiliation on the Broken Shore? How your precious High King was bent and broken before me? Will you beg for your lives as he did, whimpering like some worthless dog?
    Your pathetic Alliance will fall to dust. Your new boy King will bow down and serve me, as will all of you!"

1:45 is when he says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Gul'dan literally calls Anduin "boy king" at the start of the Nighthold encounter if you're Alliance. Doesn't matter if you're over 18, "boy" still applies.
    "Have you forgotten your humiliation on the Broken Shore? How your precious High King was bent and broken before me? Will you beg for your lives as he did, whimpering like some worthless dog?
    Your pathetic Alliance will fall to dust. Your new boy King will bow down and serve me, as will all of you!"
    1:45 is when he says it.
    (edited quote and took out video)

Well, Gul´dan is not an Old God, and not because HE calls Anduin X means everybody will, he is not trendy enough. Just like Garrosh called him a welp, it doesnt mean anything how X refers to Y. Even more if Gul´dan is technically fighting AGAINST the OG.

The only reference, in the OG perspective is the "serves in the masters table" and the 3 lies. Serves is in present, so either he is currently under control or he isnt. At this moment, we dont know what kind of ruler will Dragan II will be, but that he is alive now and that he has the title, he does.

We also know that Anduin will fight against the void when he is old, so that he wont be corrupted (unless blizz will give us a lame redemption story for the 3rd time or so).

Now, IF the OGs are lying, this will make no sense, im just giving an alternative to Anduin (as alternatives to Kaghdar being the raven man, or Sylvanas and the 3rd death -which is wrong btw-)

are you sure? because the start of wod was 6 years after vanilla...
    every expansion is 1 year except for cata which is 2 years (1 - 60 revamp is 1, 80 - 85 is also 1) anduin is stated to be 14 in tides of war which would be at the very end of cata/very beginning of mists

vanilla 10
    tbc 11
    wrath 12
    cata 13
    cata 14
    mists 15
    wod 16
    legion 17

judging from him being 14 in tides of war and 15 in war crimes we could say that he has a late in the year birthday and was most likely 16 during the broken shore and is now either almost 17 or has already turned 17

either way he was 16 when legion first started and is still under 18
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    every expansion is 1 year except for cata which is 2 years (1 - 60 revamp is 1, 80 - 85 is also 1) anduin is stated to be 14 in tides of war which would be at the very end of cata/very beginning of mists

vanilla 10
    tbc 11
    wrath 12
    cata 13
    cata 14
    mists 15
    wod 16
    legion 17

judging from him being 14 in tides of war and 15 in war crimes we could say that he has a late in the year birthday and was most likely 16 during the broken shore and is now either almost 17 or has already turned 17

either way he was 16 when legion first started and is still under 18
    again i stil dont see why your saying that to me... i dont care... i still call him a boy... its hte op and others who say "hes not a boy"

7+ Year Old Account
    dagran is barely 5 years old.
    he cant and will not rule anything in near future.

anduin gets referred to as boy king from all sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    (edited quote and took out video)

Well, Gul´dan is not an Old God, and not because HE calls Anduin X means everybody will, he is not trendy enough. Just like Garrosh called him a welp, it doesnt mean anything how X refers to Y. Even more if Gul´dan is technically fighting AGAINST the OG.
    you do realize that we are talking about blizzard entertainment right?

not the 'order of super deep phylosophy and meaning'

gul'dans alliance quote is a direct reference to Il'gynoth and anduin.
    even on the horde side he refers to sylvanas' "in the end, death claims us all"

Formerly known as Arafal

Il'gynoth is bullshitting you.

Old gods and their servants don't speak truths, they've never spoken the truth ever. We've not had our hearts explode, we have not betrayed our friends, we did not get consumed by madness
    Actually the quote of "Her heart is a crater, we have filled it" has happened if it is in reference to Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Il'gynoth is bullshitting you.

Old gods and their servants don't speak truths, they've never spoken the truth ever. We've not had our hearts explode, we have not betrayed our friends, we did not get consumed by madness
    look below, and yeso ur friends have betrayed us, many times

again i stil dont see why your saying that to me... i dont care... i still call him a boy... its hte op and others who say "hes not a boy"
    I know, i was just clearing up the timeline because i saw a couple people confused about how long its been since vanilla.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

simply heres a list

this planet is a seed
    we will never truly die
    they are coming for you
    i am your nightmare

even death may die

Flesh is his gift, he is your true creator (he is right, we would not exist without the curse of flesh, as we were born from the cursed titan creations when they
    From where did you get that Azeroth is really corrupted ? I mean yes , there's the danger of her corruption and other Titans were worried about it - but I can't remember any place mentintioning that it has gotten severe

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig