Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    I'm pretty sure that declaring those in their 20's fair game for murder is tongue-in-cheek.

I just wanted to establish that advocating for the bodily autonomy argument puts you in logical waters that many are uncomfortable with.
    Actually I was aiming for the age of 18. When you become a full adult. But honestly, on demand, i'm OK with.

3 trimester fetus, 18 years@4 trimester a year should be a total of 75.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Pro-Life for the most part. I think there are several circumstances where it is okay to abort - such as rape, deformity, health or anything on that line. However if you choose to do a late term abortion, I have nothing but disgust for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Actually I was aiming for the age of 18. When you become a full adult. But honestly, on demand, i'm OK with.

3 trimester fetus, 18 years@4 trimester a year should be a total of 75.
    Ouch, you're right, my math was painfully wrong. It's what I get for not paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Because men have no right to tell me what I, or what any other woman is doing with their bodies.
    This is not the 1200s, we are not property of men anymore, and we should have jurisdiction over our bodies, just like men do.
    I feel this is the weakest argument of all in support of choice.

While I completely support the ability to make such a choice, the source of laws and legislation - to wit, what is between the legs of the legislator - should have nothing to do with their integrity. Meaning, it shouldn't matter if a man or a woman tells you what you can't do with your body - it doesn't matter, because anyone telling you what you can't do with your body is, quite simply, in the wrong. It doesn't become "more wrong" if a man tells you these things.

We live in a world where men and women are in various levels of elected public office. Men tell women what to do in this world, and women tell men what to do in this world. That's just how it is.

Please stop parroting this tired line of dialogue. It does the "pro choice" side no favours, because it is an easy position to attack, and quite frankly, is not at the meat of why a woman's right to choose to (or choose not to) have an abortion should be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Nope. As a tax-payer you are funding this. If on the other hand, it was paid from their own insurance or pocket.
    I never argued for taxpayer supported abortions.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I never argued for taxpayer supported abortions.
    I, however, do.

It's cheaper than foster care or welfare payments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Because men have no right to tell me what I, or what any other woman is doing with their bodies.
    This is not the 1200s, we are not property of men anymore, and we should have jurisdiction over our bodies, just like men do.
    I support women's right to choose, and I agree men really do not have a credible opinion here. It's a woman's health issue.
    – C.S. Lewis

Because why not. It's their uterus.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-02-13 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I, however, do.

It's cheaper than foster care or welfare payments.
    Oh I agree with taxpayer supported abortions as well; but my post that the previous person replied to had nothing to do with taxpayers paying for abortions. My response was more of a sarcastic snip since the person pulled out half a sentence of my post and contributed nothing to a discussion with me
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The state has no legitimate interest in the bodies of its citizens.

Period.
    In a welfare state it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Oh I agree with taxpayer supported abortions as well; but my post that the previous person replied to had nothing to do with taxpayers paying for abortions. My response was more of a sarcastic snip since the person pulled out half a sentence of my post and contributed nothing to a discussion with me
    Ohoho I see what you did there. Nerd.

I'd just like to point out that the conservative bitching about abortion was started as a means to get Evangelicals back into politics and voting. There's no genuine concern for 'unborn lives' or whatever the fuck they're on about.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

As a male, it's pretty simple...it's not my decision to make. Personal beliefs would have me leaning closer to anti abortion - however until such time as men are able to carry foetus' to term, I leave it in the woman's court. Don't want to run the risk of conceiving? It's simple...keep it in your pants

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Ohoho I see what you did there. Nerd.

I'd just like to point out that the conservative bitching about abortion was started as a means to get Evangelicals back into politics and voting. There's no genuine concern for 'unborn lives' or whatever the fuck they're on about.
    If they really cared about unborn lives, I think they'd naturally care about those lives once they are out of the womb. I don't see that happening in conservative policy.
    – C.S. Lewis

the question about abortions isnt for or against, it is between safe vs back alley coathanger abortions that kills the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    the question about abortions isnt for or against, it is between safe vs back alley coat-hanger abortions that kills the woman.
    Going to state the argument about this from those against killing *unborn humans* just because I have yet to see anyone state it and I am curious to see replies to it:

Killing unborn humans is going to happen, might as well ensure it's legal to kill unborn humans so the killer can kill unborn humans safely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Going to state the argument about this from those against killing *unborn humans* just because I have yet to see anyone state it and I am curious to see replies to it:

Killing unborn humans is going to happen, might as well ensure it's legal to kill unborn humans so the killer can kill unborn humans safely.
    Why is unborn human life worth valuing.

No matter how much you twist, and turn, and wiggle, at the end of the day it still comes down to the simple fact that you are willing to kill another human being because of "reasons". I don't mind you believing that it is acceptable to so. But I do mind, when you tell me that it is a morally superior position to safeguarding the life of an innocent human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    No matter how much you twist, and turn, and wiggle, at the end of the day it still comes down to the simple fact that you are willing to kill another human being because of "reasons". I don't mind you believing that it is acceptable to so. But I do mind, when you tell me that it is a morally superior position to safeguarding the life of an innocent human being.
    Unless you are a complete pacifist then you're implicitly okay with human lives being lost in some circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    You can't claim moral superiority when in one hand you protect underdeveloped fetal life while in the other hand damning all the disabled, sick, poor, etc., to untimely deaths at the hands of lack of access/sustenance, etc... Which is exactly what conservative policy is.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pro-choice because why the fuck should I care what someone else does with their Body?