Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersh View Post
    This isn't a discussion about things as they stand right now, it's about 7-2. Have you not read up on the changes? Trait 35 is the big 10% dmg buff and if you're at 54 currently, you'll have enough for 3 of the new traits on 7-2 launch day.
    Thought they were preventing people from stockpiling ap before 7.2 to spent on new traits.

Deleted
    If arcane is a big "meh" spec atm, can't you be quite sure that its gonna get buffed with 7.2?

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    If arcane is a big "meh" spec atm, can't you be quite sure that its gonna get buffed with 7.2?
    by that logic fire shouldve been buffed by now. but it hasnt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    by that logic fire shouldve been buffed by now. but it hasnt.
    From what I can understand is that fire performs really well in aoe situations - and you cant have a spec that owns aoe and ST - then the others become pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    FWIW, I tried Frost with SI/AG/Cms on Skorp .... it's not topping, but I'm not in the bottom either. It could be a solution if you only wanna play 1 spec.
    Seems asinine though. Why cripple the thing that frost excels at to pad on adds better that will in damn near every raid setup die fast. Killing adds superfast doesn't matter much anyway on skorpyron since the boss health is what ends the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I can understand is that fire performs really well in aoe situations - and you cant have a spec that owns aoe and ST - then the others become pointless.
    It does, but so do many other specs that aren't nearly as bad at ST (havoc, Frostdk, affliction come to mind).

The big problem with fire though is that it's so horrendously legendary dependent. If you don't have the bracers you're essentially dogshit, regardless of how good you are as a player.

it performs well at aoe, but it doesnt "own" by any means. there are many other classes that do better aoe damage and better single target, all while not having to constantly change talents to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    FWIW, I tried Frost with SI/AG/Cms on Skorp .... it's not topping, but I'm not in the bottom either. It could be a solution if you only wanna play 1 spec.
    And that's the only fight where you should even consider comet storm. You lose out on way too much dps by not being TV or GS.

7.0 Fire was strong
    7.1.5 Frost was strong
    7.2 Arcane time?

They've said to not expect class tuning/changes until 7-2-5. They want to use the .5 patches for tuning/changes. They also haven't announced any changes to any classes yet and we are within a few weeks of 7-2 launching. What we have right now, is probably how it's going to stay.

Flow chart:

1. Are you in a top 100 M+ progression guild - if so, wait until class balance passes have occurred closer to the patch.
    2. Otherwise - if you are playing a game, then play what you enjoy playing.
    3. In the situation where you are doing a job, then ask your employee (aka guild master) what you should play - and make sure that the choice is in no way enjoyable.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

There might be some tuning hotfixes, like with unholy DK, but if they haven't changed anything yet, I don't think they will until 7-2-5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Flow chart:

1. Are you in a top 100 M+ progression guild - if so, wait until class balance passes have occurred closer to the patch.
    2. Otherwise - if you are playing a game, then play what you enjoy playing.
    3. In the situation where you are doing a job, then ask your employee (aka guild master) what you should play - and make sure that the choice is in no way enjoyable.
    These play what you enjoy posts trigger me. Maybe that is applicable to a lot of people, but I would think that if you're on a class forum website, you probably like to min max your DPS. Most of the people that play what they like and don't care about min maxxing, probably don't check the forums, beyond reading the guides.

I have yet to find a class/spec that I didn't enjoy playing and trying to get the best numbers that I can.

This is a discussion among people that want to get the most DPS out of their class in 7-2, not a discussion about what class we think will be the most enjoyable in 7-2.

These play what you enjoy posts trigger me.
    I did give ALL possible options there - the fact you chose the 'play what you enjoy' suggests that is possibly what you should try.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I did give ALL possible options there - the fact you chose the 'play what you enjoy' suggests that is possibly what you should try.
    I don't really know what you're inplying. I was saying I enjoy all 3. Playing the spec that does the most damage is what is fun to me. I don't think I'm on an island here. There are plenty of people that aren't in top100 guilds that like to try to get the most out of their class, because that's what's fun to them.

I don't really know what you're inplying. I was saying I enjoy all 3. .
    After 12 years of playing, I find people changing from one spec/class to another over and over in the attempt to reach peach performance - when, you ultimately get better enjoyment and better long term results just by focusing on the one you enjoy the most, and become amazingly proficient at it.

Short of someone playing 80 hours a week (i.e. M progression) you just don't have the time to become super proficient by swapping every month.

So - just get excellent at the class/spec you enjoy rather then being ok and the latest flavour.

Becoming proficient in one class makes sense. I think you're projecting what you think is fun onto other people. I have fun switching and mastering that new spec and still perform that new spec well. Maybe the people you've met are miserable with the switching they are doing, but myself, and many people I know, do it and enjoy the whole process of mastering something different.

- - - Updated - - -

I play about 12 hours a week, if that's relevant.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogar View Post
    I've given up on fire. Already maxed arcane I'm dumping all my AP into frost now.
    Do you really want/expect 3 raid competitive specs while other classes have their only dps specs barely competing? Mages just amaze in how they think all their specs should be top of the meters on every single fight....

Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    Do you really want/expect 3 raid competitive specs while other classes have their only dps specs barely competing? Mages just amaze in how they think all their specs should be top of the meters on every single fight....
    Wow, you really read into that one. I can't believe he would so brazenly complain that all 3 specs aren't competitive!

Sarcasm aside, I was in a similar situation with trying to guess which one of the 3 specs would be best in NH. I first guessed fire, then switched to arcane and maxxed it, now I'm realizing that with the buffs and changes to Frost it's currently the best of the 3. I don't think he was saying all 3 should be competitive. He's just talking about his decisions in where he's put his artifact power in 7-1-5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Too early, number can still change a lot
    Like they did last patch, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post

Your post sort of makes me wish, every 1 spec/role class would get another, which is underperforming from the start of the expansion, then Blizzard starts to buff it slowly with each hotfix, while nerfing your best spec without real reason. Then they promise to buff the unperforming specs(all classes) and buff only the new spec to a point where it's better with 35 Artifact traits and no legendaries than the previous best spec with 54 traits and good legendaries.

That is pretty much where Fire is atm.. No we don't want all our 3 specs to be topping, we would want us to not be fucked on every balance patch, because Blizzard buffs our worst spec to our best spec by a huge margin.