Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you auto-decline raiders with Sephuz?

When you are forming a raid group, or even recruiting members for a raiding guild, do you auto-decline DPS players who have Sephuz as one of their 2 legendaries?

Blizzard has no intention on ever fixing the legendary (because they think it's really good), so it will always be undertuned for raids. So all else being equal (equal skill etc) a raider with Sephuz will not be anywhere near their maximum potential and would be a handicap to the raid compared a raider without Sephuz and with a decent legendary. And given the RNG nature of legendaries, that Sephuz might not be replaced for weeks, months, or ever. And in that time, it is more than possible to find a raider without Sephuz. And chances are if someone only has a Sephuz at this point, they have not dedicated much time to the game and are probably cruising with 2 total legendaries. Which is another red flag for that player.

Is the 'Sephuz Stigma' a widespread phenomena? Or are you content with inviting raiders with this legendary?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10 chars

Most players are limited by their skill, not by their gear. And the few, who are limited by their gear, do so much content, that they most likely have more then two legendaries.

Look at me, I do my emissary daily and a M+15 a week. I raid mythic. And I now have six legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol no. Only an absolute garbage guild or raid leader would ever do that. Honestly. It's not even 1/4 as bad as you seem to think it is. Especially since you can proc it on several bosses in nighthold.

No that is just next level dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're declining raiders due to Sephuz's Secret, you're trying harder than a world first guild. Jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    That is super ultra mega dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sephuz is great for some fights and for some specs in general.

No, I actually want it on a fury warrior or demon hunter when on a high interrupt heavy boss in nighthold (especially ellisandre, them adds/ phase 3= plenty of good hase, stacked with speed bubble, stacked with hero, stacked with class cooldowns...)

People who have Sephuz:

- Likely put in -at least- enough effort to get one Legendary.
    - Require one less gear slot to fill.
    - Still come with a nice ilvl piece of gear.
    - Have the one Legendary that likely would make them WANT to be a mechanics mule when it's suitable.
    - May have just returned to the game, meaning they're less likely to immediately stop playing.
    - May be on an alt which means they can fill other roles if needed.

So why would anybody turn them down? No. Nobody would do that. If anybody did that, they should be brought to the communities attention so they can suitably be made a laughing stock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    If you're declining raiders due to Sephuz's Secret, you're trying harder than a world first guild. Jesus christ.
    actually some of the world first raiders have rerolled after sephuz drop.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    A lot also made 3-4 characters of the same class / spec. It wasn't so much rerolling as abandoning that character and refocusing on the rest.

No for me as well. In all seriousness, armor pieces are just stat sticks; sephuz is still a stat stick with some crappy proc that's almost useless in raiding, but that's still a stat stick which is a higher ilvl that anything but some insanely tianforged mythic raiding ring or something like that. Anyone who's actually applying (like formally) to raid groups are likely at the least aware that it's inferior and putting in effort to get a better legendary. Though let's be honest, there's always a BIS pairing for classes and their legendaries, anything outside of them will be looked down regardless and fewer people still either put in the massive effort to grab every legendary available to a particular spec/class or were lucky enough to win the rng lottery to get both. So people always will make do with "sub optimal" ones until then.

Why stop at sephuz?

Decline anyone that doesn't have their bis gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have zero legendaries, as a rogue I wouldn't mind this one at all. I do a lot of CC in dungeons as it is. At least it wouldn't make it such a numbers-padding hit.

lol what??
    No, couldn't care less.

Not like it takes that long to get your next legendary these days anyway if someone's that upset about getting it.

That was also before the recent buffs to Sephuz's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    When you are forming a raid group, or even recruiting members for a raiding guild, do you auto-decline DPS players who have Sephuz as one of their 2 legendaries?

Blizzard has no intention on ever fixing the legendary (because they think it's really good), so it will always be undertuned for raids. So all else being equal (equal skill etc) a raider with Sephuz will not be anywhere near their maximum potential and would be a handicap to the raid compared a raider without Sephuz and with a decent legendary. And given the RNG nature of legendaries, that Sephuz might not be replaced for weeks, months, or ever. And in that time, it is more than possible to find a raider without Sephuz. And chances are if someone only has a Sephuz at this point, they have not dedicated much time to the game and are probably cruising with 2 total legendaries. Which is another red flag for that player.

Is the 'Sephuz Stigma' a widespread phenomena? Or are you content with inviting raiders with this legendary?
    What an incredibly stupid thing to suggest that people do.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

And a if a world first guild was considering a raider it's because of their ability to raid at a top end level and not their gear, that Sephuz would not get them declined. Declining someone isn't the same as an established member rerolling, specifically when the world first guilds planned for that.

Declining a player due to a bad legendary is dumb, independent of the fact wether it is sephuz or some other utility piece. Actually, on some bosses Sephus is actually quite decent for several classes. But even if it were not so, vast majority of players are not limited by their gear as much as by their skill. Those that are consistently over 90% of their potential simmed DPS in any given circumstance are not likely to join a random pug anyway. Even if they do, they are likely to be full heroic/mythic geared already. So unless you are gathering an actual mythic or progression raid pug, declining people due to bad legendaries is a bad idea in general. +/- 5% are not going to make or break your general farming raid anyway, and very few legendaries give a larger performance difference.
    That might have been an option last year, to try and speed up your "best" legendaries farming. But since February, there no longer is a diminishing return after your 1st legendary drop. Basically, you have to do the same amount of work of getting your 8th legendary, as you do to get your second. Diminishing returns no longer apply. So those that rerolled - it is their loss. By now, they might have had a full collection of legendaries for all situations, as well as completed artifacts and plenty time to spare.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2017-03-14 at 01:55 AM.