View Poll Results: Will 7.3 Bring A No-Fly Zone?

Voters
404. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Argus will be a no-fly zone and I am ok with that.

195 48.27%
  • No. Argus will not be a no-fly zone and I am ok with that.

17 4.21%
  • Yes. Argus will be a no-fly zone and I am NOT ok with that.

69 17.08%
  • No. Argus will not be a no-fly zone and I am NOT ok with that.

6 1.49%
  • Maybe, and I am ok with it.

39 9.65%
  • Maybe, but I am NOT ok with it.

14 3.47%
  • Maybe not, and I am ok with it.

3 0.74%
  • Maybe not, and I am NOT ok with it.

3 0.74%
  • Who knows and who gives a shit?

58 14.36%
  • OTHER - SEE MY POST (I have to explain it)

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Lel, always laugh when people use the word "promise" to throw hissyfits and go into tardrages since Blizzard specifically doesn't use that word entirely for that reason.
    When you officially announce something on public event, like Blizzcon, that affects your customers' decision about whether to buy your product or not, and then change your mind - then it's called "false advertising". And as I remember, Blizzard have announced, that half of Legion's content will be FLYABLE.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That only means Blizzard is free to do whatever they want with it. Personally I think it would be a mistake to dangle the carrot of flying in front of players for this long, only to snatch it away again in the following patch.

Bit at this point I don't even care anymore. I'm done dealing with Blizzard's bullshit.
    1) Flying was never "removed" from the game. Where there is flying enabled they have never taken it away.

2) You seem like a smart, reasonable man. Don't you think a compromise of Pathfinder is a GOOD thing instead of flat out not allowing flying in current expansions, let alone current patches?

You'd be a fool to think it would include flying.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    When you officially announce something on public event, like Blizzcon, that affects your customers' decision about whether to buy your product or not, and then change your mind - then it's called "false advertising". And as I remember, Blizzard have announced, that half of Legion's content will be FLYABLE.
    Wrong again buddy.

They never said that half the content would be flyable, they said they would enable it sometime during the expansion.

The game has only been out for what, 5 months now? Chill. It isn't even a quarter the way through the life of the expansion and you are already complaining? You'll get your precious flying in probably less than a month.

IMHO flying should be disabled in all current content, just be thankful that isn't the case.

Lets put it this way, 7.3 will be no fly for sure at last they could let us unlock flying at later date that conform on what blizzard has done since mop and i don't see any chance they change; but in the remote case 7.3 is fully flyable from the start then it's a signal that Blizzard is changing their stance on the subject of flying during current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    1) Flying was never "removed" from the game. Where there is flying enabled they have never taken it away.

2) You seem like a smart, reasonable man. Don't you think a compromise of Pathfinder is a GOOD thing instead of flat out not allowing flying in current expansions, let alone current patches?
    no because at the point it come is just a convenience for alts, a good compromise would have been not include the rep grind into the achievement, let us fly in legion once part 1 is completed without part 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I think you will be able to fly but there will be hazards that will make flying dangerous, and those hazards lessen as your server progresses through Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Actualy designing content that is engaging even tough you can fly is much much harder, which is exactly why Blizzard makes it impossible for us to fly, they don't know how to make engaging content and let us fly at the same time. You are thinking with a mindset that nothing new could've been made to acomodate flying, you are assumiong game design has to always folow certain rules and can't change, theres nothing ignorant in stating Blizz does not have the competence to develop content that is engaging even if we can fly. About your house example, maybe they could make a house with no stairs, no windows and instead some large tubes conecting each floor and throw a bunch of traps on each of the tubes, or leave the windows but put armed guards that cna shoot me while I try to fly from 1 floor to the next on them.

Since they failled at developing a game that allows us to fly and is still engaging they cut corners now and just come up with some dumb reason to why we can't fly anywhere even tough we have a freking dragon mount, or can turn into an owl etc.
    Blizz tried it and the playerbase hated it, its that underwater cata zone

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I hope so. Or else it will feel Meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Lel, always laugh when people use the word "promise" to throw hissyfits and go into tardrages since Blizzard specifically doesn't use that word entirely for that reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Naaawww Boo Hoo. It's almost as if you don't HAVE to play the game or some to these forums to cry about how you don't want to play the game.
    The forums are for discussion. That includes positive and negative opinions. If all you want is an echo chamber, then I don't have anything you'd want to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

That's semantics and you damn well know it. Flying was part of the experience of the open world that WoW had to offer for most of the game's lifespan. By attempting to create entire expansions that don't have flying, they are "removing" flying from that experience. It's the same kind of lawyer-ish technicality hair-splitting that attempts to argue that "you can still fly in old content" as though that holds any weight in a progression-based game like WoW.

It's one thing to create specific zones that don't have flying available, especially when done in the larger context of an expansion that DOES have flying. But to attempt to tell people that everything is fine, and it's a "good" compromise to only give flying back when it's not only worthless, but no longer even INTERESTING, is a very disingenuous representation of the issue.

The only way in which Pathfinder ends up being a good compromise is if there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of content available to use flying on once it's available. And I don't mean just returning to do WQs that we've all done hundreds, if not thousands, of times already. I'm talking about completely new content, or existing content used in innovative ways that effectively makes it new content.

If all pathfinder does is give us flying in areas we've cleared ad nausem(effectively making it useless), and all new content is ground-only, then flying has no value and is not valid as a "reward" for completing all the achievements required. It will also show us exactly what level of integrity the current WoW team has.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-03-23 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Actualy designing content that is engaging even tough you can fly is much much harder, which is exactly why Blizzard makes it impossible for us to fly, they don't know how to make engaging content and let us fly at the same time. You are thinking with a mindset that nothing new could've been made to acomodate flying, you are assumiong game design has to always folow certain rules and can't change, theres nothing ignorant in stating Blizz does not have the competence to develop content that is engaging even if we can fly. About your house example, maybe they could make a house with no stairs, no windows and instead some large tubes conecting each floor and throw a bunch of traps on each of the tubes, or leave the windows but put armed guards that cna shoot me while I try to fly from 1 floor to the next on them.

Since they failled at developing a game that allows us to fly and is still engaging they cut corners now and just come up with some dumb reason to why we can't fly anywhere even tough we have a freking dragon mount, or can turn into an owl etc.
    Right, I have an actual degree in game design. So I do know what I am talking of, do you? Probably not. I also have worked on doing so, putting my knowledge into practice. Flying was restricted so people engaged with made content, it's why designs overall in any industry are reverted and can be modified if the previous example/model/movement was better. Hence the stairs analogy. Not going to extend another reply because it will likely go over you head the planning and more for it.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-03-23 at 10:53 AM.

Question: Is there one on Broken Shore in 7.2?

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to get stuck on a tiny stone with my giant Mammoth because I turned my head for 5 seconds, good RPG, good immersion.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

I am OK with Argus (if it is released) to be a no-flying zone especially after geting my fox mount just a few weeks ago. This will make only ground mounts non-obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Right, I have an actual degree in game design. So I do know what I am talking of, do you? Probably not. I also have worked on doing so, putting my knowledge into practice. Flying was restricted so people engaged with made content, it's why designs overall in any industry are reverted and can be modified if the previous example/model/movement was better. Hence the stairs analogy. Not going to extend another reply because it will likely go over you head the planning and more for it.
    So what youre saying is that you with all your experience also don't know how to solve the problem and come with something new and instead has to resolve to cutting corners as well. K noted. Again you are thinking with a mindset that the thing can only always be done in the way it has always been done instead of trying to come up with a solution, you can have as many degress as you want, grounding us is not the only possible slution, the problem is the alternative require much more work/skill/imaginations from the devs.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-23 at 02:04 PM.

Who knows and who gives a shit.

I am a staunch pro flight advocate. I have argued that point extensively, and I stand by my stance that delaying it, restricting it and not considering it in design is a waste of feature that could be way more an addition to the game then a hindrance to design around. The obfuscation and double speak about flight and the way Blizzard handled the situation as a whole was both mind boggling and disingenuous.
    If the current model is to be continued, to hold it back so long serves no purpose and is unnecessary imo.

But I voted that way because imo it makes no difference what the players think, Ion gonna do Ion. They make the game for themselves first, then invite the players in. Seems a tad arrogant to me, but don't go saying that out loud.

Oh....crap.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Argus should be a No-fly zone, and I'm ok with that....

I mean, i'm already used to not flying, and the fact that we're getting flying on the broken isles....so...yay...I guess..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The forums are for discussion. That includes positive and negative opinions. If all you want is an echo chamber, then I don't have anything you'd want to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

That's semantics and you damn well know it. Flying was part of the experience of the open world that WoW had to offer for most of the game's lifespan. By attempting to create entire expansions that don't have flying, they are "removing" flying from that experience. It's the same kind of lawyer-ish technicality hair-splitting that attempts to argue that "you can still fly in old content" as though that holds any weight in a progression-based game like WoW.
    You are being disingenuous here. They didn't remove anything from "that experience", they just didn't include it as part of "the experience." It was never in "that experience" to begin with. And you know why? Because the development team felt that the game experience is better experienced from the ground at least for the initial stages of an expansion. That's it. They don't have to give any other explanation about it at all. At least 50% and maybe more agree with them as well, so including flying in the current expansion mid-way through the expansion seems like a pretty damn good compromise to me. You are still getting it during the Tomb of Sargeras patch, which is still on the broken Isles, which IS current content. So why is this still an issue to you?

It's one thing to create specific zones that don't have flying available, especially when done in the larger context of an expansion that DOES have flying. But to attempt to tell people that everything is fine, and it's a "good" compromise to only give flying back when it's not only worthless, but no longer even INTERESTING, is a very disingenuous representation of the issue.
    Again you are being disingenuous. They never had anything to "give back" because flying was not a part of the initial expansion experience anyway. Flying coming back in 7.2 means you will have at least 6-9 months of flying in this current expansion that is relevant to the content. You will always be continuing to do world quests all expansion long. Do you mean to tell me you just plan on stopping doing world quests once flying is introduced?

Also please do explain how flying is "worthless" and "no longer even INTERESTING" once its added in 7.2. Whats interesting about flying to you? Do you constantly fly above things and just look down the whole time? You cant possibly use "its faster to travel from point A to point B" as an argument because its quite literally faster NOW given the flight whistle and frequency of flight paths all throughout the zones, not to mention the flight paths are faster.

The only way in which Pathfinder ends up being a good compromise is if there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of content available to use flying on once it's available. And I don't mean just returning to do WQs that we've all done hundreds, if not thousands, of times already. I'm talking about completely new content, or existing content used in innovative ways that effectively makes it new content.

If all pathfinder does is give us flying in areas we've cleared ad nausem(effectively making it useless), and all new content is ground-only, then flying has no value and is not valid as a "reward" for completing all the achievements required. It will also show us exactly what level of integrity the current WoW team has.
    Since world quests are relevant ALL EXPANSION LONG, your argument doesn't hold any water. PLUS, being given flying in 7.2 still makes it "relevant content." Your primary content area will still be the broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it probably will, and if it does it'll just display the pettiness of watcher even further.
    I WANT FLYING IN FRESH CONTENT SO I CAN SKIP MOBS AND DROP DIRECTLY ONTO THE QUEST ITEM WITHOUT ANY SEMBLANCE OF RESISTANCE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who's petty again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

7+ Year Old Account
    For all the hell we do to unlock flying.. if it's a no fly zone they better have fast transportation to the areas if it is no flying cause last i seen argus looked a lot like a full sized planet.. so yeah i feel we should have some sort of fast means of to and from.. if no flying maybe teleportation instant spells.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    I WANT FLYING IN FRESH CONTENT SO I CAN SKIP MOBS AND DROP DIRECTLY ONTO THE QUEST ITEM WITHOUT ANY SEMBLANCE OF RESISTANCE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who's petty again?
    "i want to force people to play the way i want because i have no self control to not fly when its available to me, but i hate flying so nobody else should get to"

yeah, i wonder who's petty?

You are being disingenuous here. They didn't remove anything from "that experience", they just didn't include it as part of "the experience." It was never in "that experience" to begin with.
    Thank you for proving my point. This is EXACTLY the kind of hair-splitting, lawyerish argument I was talking about.

You are still getting it during the Tomb of Sargeras patch, which is still on the broken Isles, which IS current content. So why is this still an issue to you?
    Oh...I don't know. Maybe because the unlock still requires that you clear everything first? It's the same problem I've always had with Pathfinder. Locking flight behind a wall of requirements that ensures that you only get flying once there's nothing interesting left to use it on is a garbage "solution". They'd be better off just removing flight entirely instead of playing these stupid bait and switch games with presenting flight as a "reward" when it really isn't. Lets see how well things hold up when there's no more carrot to keep people working away at Pathfinder.

Do you mean to tell me you just plan on stopping doing world quests once flying is introduced?
    No, I stopped doing world quests a couple months after the release of the expansion when they were no longer relevant or interesting. Slapping a "paragon" chest at the end of more grind doesn't magically make those world quests more interesting or worth doing, and flying won't change that. Most people can barely be bothered to even do their emissary quests these days because they're simply not worth it once you've already met the reputation requirements. There are faster and better ways to get AP and chances for legendary drops. At BEST you'll have people flying to farm their 4 quests for the day and nothing else. That doesn't make flying relevant and it certainly doesn't justify the delay of pathfinder. That just makes it a joke.

Also please do explain how flying is "worthless" and "no longer even INTERESTING" once its added in 7.2.
    I shouldn't even need to explain at this point. Flying is worthless because all you will be able to fly to is content which you've already done so much that anything of value or interest has already been drained out of it, even if all you've done is just enough of the quests and reputation grinds to complete pathfinder.

This is why I said that the only way Pathfinder actually ends up being justified is if there is SIGNIFICANT new content for the rest of the expansion. simply returning to old content that's been cleared ad nausem isn't a valid justification for the delayed lockout or the pathfinder requirements.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-03-23 at 06:53 PM.