Poll: A different remaster a better choice?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Would you rather have blizzard remaster WC3?

I like the starcraft storyline but theres already a new starcraft game out... Why not touch some wacraft rts?

I'd rather have WC4.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    Wrong forum

Also I don't care for remastered cash grabs

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Wrong forum

Also I don't care for remastered cash grabs
    A remaster is fine, its been so long since the original a lot of people haven't played it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I'd rather have WC4.
    I agree with this the most out of anything ever said on these forums

Remasters are a good thing if the base game is very good gameplay wise.

Would enjoy a wc3 hd version.

It's clearly not a one or the other choice, they've already almost finished the Starcraft remaster if it's coming out in Summer and I would be extremely surprised if a Warcraft III remaster wasn't also in the works.

I want Warcraft III Remastered more, but that game would also be a lot more work than remaking Starcraft, hence why Starcraft has come out first.

Didn't vote because there's no reason both games shouldn't exist, nor that either would impede a Warcraft 4 (what would impede Warcraft 4 is World of Warcraft). The question is a false premise.

Deleted
    I think I personally would indeed prefer them to remaster WC3 over SC, yeah.
    Mostly because I am fine with and really like playing Starcraft II, while there is no WC4 out as an alternative.

That said: There is always hope that they will do both. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather have them not charge for an old game with some minor updates and release it as a fan service, as those fans who bought those games back then and are interested in them are the same fans that helped the company get off the ground and become the giant it did now.

Charging for those classic products even if the base games that aren't updated become free is just pure greed in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    I like the starcraft storyline but theres already a new starcraft game out... Why not touch some wacraft rts?
    I'd rather they make a new game instead of being lazy and greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I'd rather have WC4.
    This.

7+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft needed the remaster more. Warcraft 3 is newer and has aged better than Starcraft did.

Rather have D2+LOD.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I rather have them not charge for an old game with some minor updates and release it as a fan service, as those fans who bought those games back then and are interested in them are the same fans that helped the company get off the ground and become the giant it did now.

Charging for those classic products even if the base games that aren't updated become free is just pure greed in my opinion.
    What about newer fans that never got the chance to play the original Starcraft?

Any thing any company does is just for pure greed.

They like money.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I would rather them have just rebuilt Warcraft and Warcraft 2. Warcraft is bigger than StarCraft and you can already buy Warcraft 3 in the BlizzStore. Plus with them pushing the Warcraft Chronicles books, now would have been the perfect time to release these two games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    What about newer fans that never got the chance to play the original Starcraft?
    I don't see how that justifies reselling a slightly different packaged old game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Any thing any company does is just for pure greed.

They like money.
    Somewhere along the line i was made to believe that blizzard is a company by gamers for gamers. I can understand there's a profit margin to maintain but i didn't assume it's profit over everything, it's a path that gaming companies always end up paying for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

So let me get this straight: They are releasing the base game for free, but somehow they are greedy if they want their work on the remaster paid? That does not make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    W3 works with no problems even on Windows 10, the same cannot be said for SC1.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    So let me get this straight: They are releasing the base game for free, but somehow they are greedy if they want their work on the remaster paid? That does not make any sense.
    Yes.

Those products made Blizzard, those products are already paid for. I am not a big fan of paying companies twice for the same thing.

If EU would release an old game with an update and charge for it they would get a ride down shit creek. Same for Ubisoft and others, i don't find that Blizzard should be immune for criticism on this. How much of a grab this is, will be seen from how high the pricing is going to be around this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Yes.

Those products made Blizzard, those products are already paid for. I am not a big fan of paying companies twice for the same thing.

If EU would release an old game with an update and charge for it they would get a ride down shit creek. Same for Ubisoft and others, i don't find that Blizzard should be immune for criticism on this. How much of a grab this is, will be seen from how high the pricing is going to be around this.
    Nothing is happening to the product you paid for, it is still there. Blizzard is simply offering a new product. It is not an update. And if you dont want to pay, dont. Your old product is still available, in fact for free.

Oh and btw when they remake a movie, you dont get to see it just because you brought a ticket to the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Nothing is happening to the product you paid for, it is still there. Blizzard is simply offering a new product. It is not an update. And if you dont want to pay, dont. Your old product is still available, in fact for free.

Oh and btw when they remake a movie, you dont get to see it just because you brought a ticket to the original.
    If you want to be intentionally thick in your blind defense, that's your choice just don't expect me to participate in it.