Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    For starters, this isn't a "fix my dps" thread. It's a guide to show you how to play and and a place to ask questions pertaining to either information on that guide or information that might not be mentioned on that guide. There is a thread for this and even making a new thread would be better than everyone clouding this one with it.

Next point, you're clearing not doing well if you're here asking for help. What exactly does walking into it with that mindset that your performance can't possibly be the problem do for you? If your talents are the same as the warrior you're comparing to and your gear is similar (or better for that matter) yet you are still doing less then that usually means the only explanation is that you're performance is lacking. I love helping people who ask for it but I really don't see why certain players come in and ask for help but immediately dismiss themselves as a the problem. Luckily there are logs that can call out that kind of bullshit.

Your best Heroic Trilliax kill, for example, was a minute and a half shorter than mine and at 891 I did 683K which put me at the 97% percentile for my ilvl where as on a much shorter fight you did 540K at 901 putting you at the 20th percentile for your ilvl.

Since obviously you're really good and nothing can be wrong with yourself I doubt you'll listen to it, but just from quick glance your enrage uptime is low for having your gear and 4pc. You can sustain 60% without 4pc, no reason to be struggling to do it with it. More Rampage casts than Frothing proc's which means you're hitting Rampage before 100 rage and you're not using the execute rotation listed in the guide for 4pc so sure you might have the same RB usage as the next warrior but it's because you're using it execute phase where as he fit all of those into the first 80% and still had the same amount as you. You also let Juggernaut stacks drop off. Your CD rotations are somewhat off. Your ability usage could use a little improvement as well (times where you hit Furious Slash multiple times for example). Several gaps in your rotation of where you simply aren't hitting anything. So yea I suppose nothing is wrong with your rotation. Don't know what the problem could be.

Since my fight was longer, I picked a rank with similar link and someone who also didn't have legendary helm since it does help with rage
    His Krosus Kill on that same night is also similar if you'd like to have a look, though he only scored in the 80th percentile so probably not quite as good. Still better than your 19th percentile performance at roughly 550K.

Some advice, don't ask for help and be ignorant to the thought that maybe the problem is the player. It's arrogant and you'll get a better a response avoiding that. No one is perfect and many of us love to help (as long as the warriors are willing to help themselves by reading guides first to show some effort). Hard to help when people try to pretend like the problem is everything else but themselves.
    First of all, thanks but no thanks for the useless reply you just spent time writing just to attack someone who's asking for help on a "Fury Guide", clearly you didn't read the whole post where I asked "What am I doing wrong" you just read the 1st part and then jump to conclusions that I'm saying that I'm perfect and it's not my fault. But whatever.
    Second point, I picked the Chrono fight because it had my best performance, I had 4 kills on each so I've definitely done better on some bosses than what it's showing but they weren't logged, that's why I didn't mention the trillax kill for example because I know my performance on it was not that good but I've done better and it wasn't logged, back to the Chrono kill, that was a fight I gave my all to, that's why I mentioned it, and I'm asking about it. Would appreciate a constructive reply thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaught93 View Post
    First of all, thanks but no thanks for the useless reply you just spent time writing just to attack someone who's asking for help on a "Fury Guide", clearly you didn't read the whole post where I asked "What am I doing wrong" you just read the 1st part and then jump to conclusions that I'm saying that I'm perfect and it's not my fault. But whatever.
    Second point, I picked the Chrono fight because it had my best performance, I had 4 kills on each so I've definitely done better on some bosses than what it's showing but they weren't logged, that's why I didn't mention the trillax kill for example because I know my performance on it was not that good but I've done better and it wasn't logged, back to the Chrono kill, that was a fight I gave my all to, that's why I mentioned it, and I'm asking about it. Would appreciate a constructive reply thank you.
    I don't think that using Chrono is a good fight to check your dps on. Unless you find a kill that is the exact same (ie. hold the boss for the entire cast duration), you will have large variances in parse percentage I know that I have 95% + parses on that fight when held till death, but much lower parses if we broke his channel for even a few seconds towards the end. Use Krosus or something more consistent to measure what might be wrong.

Arbiter was nice enough to break down what you were doing wrong and look into some of the logs. Don't dismiss a fight because you felt it was a poor example, review it and realize what you did wrong.

On a side note, you have very poor relic choices. I know that ilvl is important, but you don't have a single one of the top three choices. I would downgrade your weapon ilvl if it meant getting the optimal choices

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I read the whole thing. Hence why the quote was from the end of the post. You literally closed off the post with "I know it's not a rotation issue". That's exactly what it is. How about "What can I do to improve?" rather than "what else can be wrong since my rotation, talents, and gear isn't the problem".

And again, this is the fury guide, not the "my dps is low please fix". There's another thread dedicated to that. Even Archi, the creator of the thread, has pointed in to people doing the same thing you are that this isn't the thread for it. Clouding this thread with these kinds of posts makes it difficult to find posts regarding relevant information to the guide. So far we're 4 posts deep of off topic information and you aren't the only one who has posted here with it. It adds up fast.

And Useless? I told you exactly what was wrong and pointed you to logs showing exactly what you did versus exactly what someone else did. It doesn't get much thorough than that. I even took the time to find a warrior and fight time that was closes to yours but with a good parse. The only thing I could possible do more for you is quote the guide listed at the beginning of this thread in which you should have read thoroughly in the first place. There's a large difference between useless and useful but not kind. You got useful. I'm also not worried about getting your best fight. Chrono changes depending on strats and group and frankly pure single target should be focused on because if you can't get that right there isn't much reason to talk about mechanics that involve occasional adds. I picked your best attempt at a pure single target fight and a fight like Trilliax is learning your basics since there isn't much to focus on for a melee class except occasionally picking up cakes. If you fix the problem there you'll fix the problem with Chrono. If anything you should be focusing on your weaknesses anyways, which is clearly single target. If you want to see Chrono anyways, simply just look at the fight for the guy's logs I posted and compare.

Would appreciate a constructive reply thank you.
    You got one. You just didn't like what you heard. About the only thing else you can get is a nicer attitude, but maybe post in the right section and don't start off with "its not a rotation issue" and you'll get one. When I ask for help here because I have a problem you can be sure that I don't dismiss the fact that the problem is likely with myself.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-24 at 04:57 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Why I said it wasn't a rotation issue because I know even if I did everything by the book, I still won't hit that kind of dps, that's the whole reason, I know my rotation is not the best, and I know I miss a lot of things. I could easily fix all that but I'm not in a progression guild or anything so it doesn't matter to me if I do it by the book or not, what I mean is it really going to make a 500-600k dps difference if for example I didn't miss those 6 raging blows during enrage? That's my point and ty in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulair View Post
    I don't think that using Chrono is a good fight to check your dps on. Unless you find a kill that is the exact same (ie. hold the boss for the entire cast duration), you will have large variances in parse percentage I know that I have 95% + parses on that fight when held till death, but much lower parses if we broke his channel for even a few seconds towards the end. Use Krosus or something more consistent to measure what might be wrong.

Arbiter was nice enough to break down what you were doing wrong and look into some of the logs. Don't dismiss a fight because you felt it was a poor example, review it and realize what you did wrong.

On a side note, you have very poor relic choices. I know that ilvl is important, but you don't have a single one of the top three choices. I would downgrade your weapon ilvl if it meant getting the optimal choices
    What's a parse % sorry ^^, and yeah my relic choices are bad but it said here ilvl above all, then look for trait upgrades.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why I said it wasn't a rotation issue because I know even if I did everything by the book, I still won't hit that kind of dps, that's the whole reason, I know my rotation is not the best, and I know I miss a lot of things. I could easily fix all that but I'm not in a progression guild or anything so it doesn't matter to me if I do it by the book or not, what I mean is it really going to make a 500-600k dps difference if for example I didn't miss those 6 raging blows during enrage? That's my point and ty in advance

- - - Updated - - -

What's a parse % sorry ^^, and yeah my relic choices are bad but it said here ilvl above all, then look for trait upgrades.
    Yes you will, that's how this works. It's not some magic that these warriors are praying to Odyn for a blessing of ultimate power. They're executing their rotation properly and making good use of their CDs. Once you get good with that it's simply learning and understanding the fights to find the most opportune times to use CDs to maximize numbers. The second part can't be done without the first part. If it doesn't matter to you if you do it by the book, then it shouldn't matter if your dps is low. Reason being is because as long as you have the mindset to not do things by the book, your damage is going to be trash. You came in here and said you weren't sure how they were all doing more damage than you...well it's because they're doing it by the book as you say. As I said before, you've come in here asking for help with the completely wrong mindset. No point in helping someone who doesn't want to improve, both posts have done nothing but show that you're looking for every other reason outside of yourself on how you can improve.

No 6 RBs are not going to make a 500K difference (not that it's the actual difference by any means and you're exaggerating). However, correct use of your abilities, correct use of your CDs, and removing the several gaps in your rotation most certainly will. If all you got from my original response was "you didn't cast enough RBs" then you obviously failed to read it which would make sense why you claimed that the post was useless. Everything I listed fully explains why your damage is poor.

Parse % is the percentile for which you ranked versus other Fury Warriors for that specific fight. There's a value for all Fury Warriors and there's a value for Fury Warriors in your ilvl bracket.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

How much dps should a 875 fury do single target?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    How much dps should a 875 fury do single target?
    Too vague of a question for any accurate answer

Why I said it wasn't a rotation issue because I know even if I did everything by the book, I still won't hit that kind of dps, that's the whole reason, I know my rotation is not the best, and I know I miss a lot of things. I could easily fix all that but I'm not in a progression guild or anything so it doesn't matter to me if I do it by the book or not, what I mean is it really going to make a 500-600k dps difference if for example I didn't miss those 6 raging blows during enrage? That's my point and ty in advance.
    Rotation and cd management is everything. Gear upgrades are helpful but without a good rotation, gear upgrades can only give you a fraction of what they couldve given you. 6 enraged raging blows arent huge, but by that point that would be the least of ur worries.

At the current state of the game, someone whos bad at the rotation can easily do 500-600k dps less than someone whos good at similar ilvls. Things can add up very quickly when theyre not done correctly.

Deleted
    You're acting like a douchebag Arbiter, just saying..

People are being too kind again.

Arbiter posted exactly whats wrong and he didnt like it, in other words Arbiter simply wrote with many lines, while explaining.

"You suck as a Fury Warrior" and he didnt accept it, his problems.

Everything he said is correct, just because he didnt wanna hear it, its his problem.

Dont come here asking for help if you dont wanna listen, Arbiter is 100% correct.

Fury Warrior in NH is all about knowing how to cheese your DPS, if you dont then you wont produce good numbers, aka you need to know when to pop your cds and when to save them.

And while doing so, supposedly you have to play properly, having 60% Enrage uptime when similar warriors have over 90% says a lot.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-25 at 08:50 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkzs View Post
    You're acting like a douchebag Arbiter, just saying..
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People are being too kind again.

Arbiter posted exactly whats wrong and he didnt like it, in other words Arbiter simply wrote with many lines, while explaining.

"You suck as a Fury Warrior" and he didnt accept it, his problems.

Everything he said is correct, just because he didnt wanna hear it, its his problem.

Dont come here asking for help if you dont wanna listen, Arbiter is 100% correct.

Fury Warrior in NH is all about knowing how to cheese your DPS, if you dont then you wont produce good numbers, aka you need to know when to pop your cds and when to save them.

And while doing so, supposedly you have to play properly, having 60% Enrage uptime when similar warriors have over 90% says a lot.
    I fully admit I wasn't kind about it. It's the second time just recently that I've seen someone show up asking for help and then immediately resulting to assuming that they can't be the problem and it must be something else other than their own performance. Doesn't help that he turned right around and stated that the information I gave him was useless followed by stating that he knows his rotation isn't perfect but he doesn't care enough to change that. He just wants to know what voodoo magic he can do in order to compete with the better warriors who actually care. Between that and the people who come in getting help just to find out it's one of their guild mates who's playing like shit because he's lazy and can't be bothered to learn or come here for help themselves (which wastes the people's time here as it's not like that guild mate is going to change)...hell it's annoying.

So yea, I was a dick, and rightfully so. He got more information than what he deserved though. Maybe ask for help with the right attitude and mindset and you'll get a better response. And while I love helping people who want it which is why I've been happy to do it since cata (minus WoD because unsubbed), I 100% only responded to that guy to point out his arrogance in that he was indeed the only problem to his low damage rather than ignore the poor the attitude. He would've gotten a completely difference and much nicer response if the initial post had been any better. Not that this thread is the place for the discussion of fixing dps as already mentioned. We're something like 11 posts deep in this offtopic discussion currently.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-25 at 12:33 PM.

This whole discussion is like a fat person who eats too much food and still doesn't understand why he/she is fat. "I'm not bothered about dieting, it's not going to make 100lbs of difference anyway", but hey why am I fat though?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

wow it's time to come back to a discussion about fury (and it's not a fix my dps thread)

Deleted
    Hello i am bit confused with the rotation described by the OP

When out of CDs our rotation looks like this Normal rotation

"Raging Blow (if Enraged) > Rampage (100 rage) > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
    Only use Rampage with 100 rage once the Frothing Berserker buff is up, regardless if you're already Enraged or not."

So here RB precedes Rampage as long as we are enraged even at 100 rage

When using cooldowns though

"Rampage (100 rage from RA) > Raging Blow > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash"

This implies we use rampage even if already enraged . Why does this happen ? Are we looking to gain the extra rage from the guaranteed RB crit provided bt the 7.2 talent?

Considering RB is our biggest hitter and we use it over Ramp out of CDs even at 100 rage shouldnt we be prioritizing it during the cd phase to get more usage just like we do in the non cd phase ?

Edit : Got an answer on stream. The TLDR is the due to the rage generated.
    Last edited by mmoc8f760f35c1; 2017-04-26 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    Hey my Friends,

I got a Question for the Legendary Topic:

Currently im running Hat+Back and the Auto Attack Ring 890+Socket Stats with this are : 6100 Crit 9442 Haste 8758 Mastery 1520 Versatility.. Simcraft says 992k Dps with this.

Now i see more and more warrios taking the Bracers so that they get rid of Crit...

Without Autoattack ring and Hat+Bracers so that i get rid of all Crit Items that i could replace for Mastery/Haste Items my Stats are following:

4225 Crit 10422 Haste 10075 Mastery 1878 Versatility but just 970k Simcraft DPS.

I would give the Haste/Mastery Setup a Chance.. but 20k difference is too high in my Opinion, isnt it?

So how could other Players get their Mastery/Haste gear with bracers with higher DPS than the Cloak/Hat Setup?

Thanks for replying

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glada View Post
    Hey my Friends,

I got a Question for the Legendary Topic:

Currently im running Hat+Back and the Auto Attack Ring 890+Socket Stats with this are : 6100 Crit 9442 Haste 8758 Mastery 1520 Versatility.. Simcraft says 992k Dps with this.

Now i see more and more warrios taking the Bracers so that they get rid of Crit...

Without Autoattack ring and Hat+Bracers so that i get rid of all Crit Items that i could replace for Mastery/Haste Items my Stats are following:

4225 Crit 10422 Haste 10075 Mastery 1878 Versatility but just 970k Simcraft DPS.

I would give the Haste/Mastery Setup a Chance.. but 20k difference is too high in my Opinion, isnt it?

So how could other Players get their Mastery/Haste gear with bracers with higher DPS than the Cloak/Hat Setup?

Thanks for replying
    Are you still using the tier chest when you do this? The idea behind it is that hat+cloak forces you to use the tier chest which offers terrible stats and chests are huge for stats. It's general better to go for hat (or cloak) and go for a legendary that has better stats (such as bracers or crafting belt). This is only generally helpful when replacing the tier chest with a chest using better stats such as Gul'dan's haste/mast chest. If you don't have access to anything particularly better than tier chest then keep using hat+cloak in the mean time. Otherwise you're giving up 4% damage and not losing those stats in return.

As for the ring, while it does have crit the 10% auto attack is still nice. I'd try simming a set up with the ring and then one without the ring (something with better stats) and see which one is better. It's pretty independent of your legendary issue though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Are you still using the tier chest when you do this? The idea behind it is that hat+cloak forces you to use the tier chest which offers terrible stats and chests are huge for stats. It's general better to go for hat (or cloak) and go for a legendary that has better stats (such as bracers or crafting belt). This is only generally helpful when replacing the tier chest with a chest using better stats such as Gul'dan's haste/mast chest. If you don't have access to anything particularly better than tier chest then keep using hat+cloak in the mean time. Otherwise you're giving up 4% damage and not losing those stats in return.

As for the ring, while it does have crit the 10% auto attack is still nice. I'd try simming a set up with the ring and then one without the ring (something with better stats) and see which one is better. It's pretty independent of your legendary issue though.
    Thanks for your Reply.

I forgot that yes, so i changed my 920 T-Chest for my 895 Guldan Chest to the following Stats:

Crit:2991
    Haste:11201
    Mastery:10270
    Versa:1943

But sadly that give me still 974k DPS... So i will have to stick with the Hat/Cloak ;(

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glada View Post
    Thanks for your Reply.

I forgot that yes, so i changed my 920 T-Chest for my 895 Guldan Chest to the following Stats:

Crit:2991
    Haste:11201
    Mastery:10270
    Versa:1943

But sadly that give me still 974k DPS... So i will have to stick with the Hat/Cloak ;(
    Yea could just be that you dropped quite a bit of ilvl on the chest to achieve it and the fact that you seem to be a much higher ilvl makes the cloak just a bit better to begin with since it scales with ilvl. If it was from a 920 tier chest to 920 Gul'dan chest you might have a different result.

Deleted
    Short questions regarding DoS and the legendary trinket. I've just received an 880 DoS and was thrilled at first that i could finally replace my legendary trinket for a stronger ST trinket just to find out that I sim about the same if not better with the legendary trinket than with DoS. As replacement legendaries I unfortunately only have the boots and shoulders (Other legy I'm wearing is the helm), so no straight dps legendaries. Does DoS just not sim correctly or do I have to wait for better legendaries to replace my legy trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by NyxWoW View Post
    Short questions regarding DoS and the legendary trinket. I've just received an 880 DoS and was thrilled at first that i could finally replace my legendary trinket for a stronger ST trinket just to find out that I sim about the same if not better with the legendary trinket than with DoS. As replacement legendaries I unfortunately only have the boots and shoulders (Other legy I'm wearing is the helm), so no straight dps legendaries. Does DoS just not sim correctly or do I have to wait for better legendaries to replace my legy trinket?
    the problem isnot with Dos itself, the leg trinket alone can sim better than a low dos, but than you cant use the legy helm or cape if you do so