Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have nothing on my mind, I simply saw a post, and I responded. I don't give a single fuck if it's dead or not, so kindly keep your patronising comments to yourself, asshat.

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-09-13 at 12:42 AM.

Healbots ruin bgs thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IdonotplayWoW View Post
    I have nothing on my mind, I simply saw a post, and I responded. I don't give a single fuck if it's dead or not, so kindly keep your patronising comments to yourself, asshat.
    Then you should also look at the last post date. If its been 6 months since last reply its dead, dont write in it, asshat.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Call me ignorant I guess, but i've read that only about 5-10% of players participate in pvp like arena / battlegrounds etc. I've always been curious about this. Do WoW players just hate PVP in general or do they get more joy out of slaying dragons instead? Someone help me out here. btw I participate in both pve and pvp. I like both aspects of the game a lot.
    I think the general disdain for PvP in WoW is that if you aren't really good at it, you get obliterated very quickly by those who are good at it. If you spend the time to learn how to PvP well, it is a discouraging learning curve. WoW PvP is heavily reliant on stuns and interrupts to take down players...something that is rather niche in PvE. So, as you learn, you find yourself stunned until death, unable to do anything, while that rogue is done having his way with you. While I'm sure it is fun for the rogue, it is absolutely no fun at all for a new PvPer, and, guess what, many people will simply say, "Well, that BS isn't for me". This isn't rocket science.

WoW PvP is predicated on certain builds and sometimes even specs for you to do well. So for those willing to persevere, they will find that their standard spec which works just fine in world PvE, dungeons, and raids (yes, perhaps not top 1%, but you can do just fine in all aspectsof PvE with a single talent selection and spec). However, many of those PvE standard talent selections are useless or even detrimental in PvP. Again, if you are on a learning curve, this just adds another point against PvP for the newbie PvPer.

Overall, WoW PvP is mediocre at best. It is far too reliant on stuns / interrupts in lieu of attempting balances and different types of counters. I think this is why most people that love PvP actually play MOBAs and FPSs instead.

Like I said, I saw a post and I responded, there's no point in making a new thread if there's one already there, that houses the same content as a new one would supplement. You're being very childish about the entire ordeal.

I used to PvP a lot when I first started playing but as the game became more sophisticated and the tactics more developed. It just became unfun and I found myself hating the game more and hating other classes more. So I transitioned to PvE and I love it. I like being part of a group to take down baddies and working together to progress in raids. It feels more fun and much less stressful than trying to be the best in PvP (because I wasn't the best at all).

My 3 biggest dislikes about PvP are the readability is extremely poor (except that one spell that makes warriors crit, I know what that looks like!)
    Being crowd controlled is extremely frustrating, but also the only way for anyone to ever die.
    Trying to melee anybody and constantly having to deal with issues regarding facing and distance to target even though I'm standing right next to them on my screen.

PVP mentality isn't for me. I like other players to be my friends - not enemies. I would even say, that PVP doesn't fit into RPG genre.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    No reward anymore for being active in the pvp scene

I'd just be happy if they broke the kneecaps of tanks in world pvp. It's so fun having to spec blood just to die to that mythic geared guardian.

Deleted
    Call me ignorant I guess, but i've read that only about 5-10% of players participate in pvp like arena / battlegrounds etc. I've always been curious about this. Do WoW players just hate PVP in general or do they get more joy out of slaying dragons instead? Someone help me out here. btw I participate in both pve and pvp. I like both aspects of the game a lot.
    Not fun to be stunlocked and killed within seconds.

Cause majority is low skilled and are getting ganked constantly. It take one semi-decent player killing you a few times in a BG/world to put you off from PvPing altogether.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the template and honor levels, but I don't find PvP engaging. There hasn't been a new BG in over 4 years now, and I'm bored of the same maps and enviroments.

The Brawls are cool but most of the time it's something that I'm not interested in
    +not having control of my character for half of the BG is extremely unfun

Deleted
    Why is it not fun for you, my dude? I really wanna know.
    My dudu, since when is everyone a top notch psychologist and always understands exactly why something is enjoyable to them while something else is not?
    Nobody has any obligation to justify their lack of enjoyment in any activity you happen to like, my dodo.

i dont have time, after work i rush my WQ and when pvp player attacks me it's just a pain in the ass. in addition PVP is bullshit use all your CD and kill a player in 4 secs. tank are OP too, and to finish i am Rsham outside pvp i am just a free kill , and ratio ally/horde sucks.

i hope one day you can freely move to pve serv.

People can't cope about being owned directly by another player. It's too much for them to handle.

Sorry. It isn't personal.

It turns out the WoW population doesn't owe you a justification for their personal preferences.

EDIT: also, see explanation on first page of responses. Kind of a necro this?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Because PvP in WoW is unbalanced af, and it always has been, from rogues globalling any non-plate wearer back in Vanilla to today's melee using one of their 38573956308 gap closers and then performing it's PvE rotation on you. Wow I R SOH SKILLZ... Add to that even Blizz gave up and now says that they balance PvP around 3v3, therefore if you liike (R)BGs or world PvP, you can go screw yourself with a fire extinguisher-sized dildo.

Deleted
    I don't care about PvP. I only do it for rewards which are of interest, and then just let it be. Sometimes, it's fun to play a BG when you have a coordinated group, but world PvP is a stupid mess.