Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Should the croc be killed?
    If that was my dog I would definitely want revenge. I don't care if you're just trying to survive. You just ate my dog motherfucker...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Croc shouldn't be killed. That's nature, baby. Don't try to apply human morality to it.
    But, humans are part of nature. Therefore if your instinct is vengeance, well that's nature baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    It's a dog, who cares?

I mean if the issue is bigger than just this once isolated incident, then sure, something should be done. But somebody wanting to vengeance kill a croc because a dog is dumb enough to go into the water? Nah.
    I mean when you put it that way, yeah that would be pretty dumb. My vision of vengeance against a croc that ate my dog is something like this:

I'm sitting in my back yard on a lawn chair in the shade sipping some bourbon and playing catch with my dog. I throw the ball a little too far and my dog has to jump in the water to get it. Out of nowhere a fucking croc snatches my dog. Immediately I run in my house to get my rifle. I come back outside to see the croc finishing my dog off. Then I shoot the croc a few times and approach it carefully after it stops moving to make sure it's dead. I pull my dog out of the monster's jaws. The dog is dead as fuck, but at least I got that damn croc. The next day I silently mourn the loss of my pal while chewing on some delicious croc meat.

But no, I wouldn't jump in the water to go after the croc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    When a human kills another human, we don't kill the killer, because we've grown out of the "an eye for an eye" mentality. I don't see how this is different, especially since wild animals killing each other is how some of them survive.
    Right. Instead we should rehabilitate the croc. Show the croc that it can lead a productive life without having to resort to eating dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    I mean when you put it that way, yeah that would be pretty dumb. My vision of vengeance against a croc that ate my dog is something like this:

I'm sitting in my back yard on a lawn chair in the shade sipping some bourbon and playing catch with my dog. I throw the ball a little too far and my dog has to jump in the water to get it. Out of nowhere a fucking croc snatches my dog. Immediately I run in my house to get my rifle. I come back outside to see the croc finishing my dog off. Then I shoot the croc a few times and approach it carefully after it stops moving to make sure it's dead. I pull my dog out of the monster's jaws. The dog is dead as fuck, but at least I got that damn croc. The next day I silently mourn the loss of my pal while chewing on some delicious croc meat.

But no, I wouldn't jump in the water to go after the croc.
    Well in that scenario it makes sense. The article makes it seem like they want to go on some Moby Dick style croc hunt though, which is ridiculous.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    predators do what predators do. No reason to really kill the croc unless there is a real danger for the locals.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yeah no. While I'd be devastated if it was my dog, the croc is just doing what's natural to it, and doing what it can to survive. This is a massive human fallacy, humans build homes in regions close to wild habitats, something makes the wild life come into their towns and just kills to eat and survive, and the primate reaction of the invading human is always 'kill it' even when peppered with laws

~snipped video~
    I agree. The croc is just doing what's natural to it. By that same logic, it would also be just as natural for the dogs owner, as a human, to hunt down and kill the croc.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I agree. The croc is just doing what's natural to it. By that same logic, it would also be just as natural for the dogs owner, as a human, to hunt down and kill the croc.
    not really, you can go to the market if you're hungry. You're acting emotionally, you feel empathy for the fog's owner but what you claim is just revenge.
    Do you really think the crocodile will understant why he is being killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If a croc killed my dog I would probably kill the croc.
    Thread 10char

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    and if your dog wander on the highway and id runover by a truck, do you kill the driver too?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    not really, you can go to the market if you're hungry. You're acting emotionally, you feel empathy for the fog's owner but what you claim is just revenge.
    Do you really think the crocodile will understant why he is being killed?
    Of course it's revenge, and of course the croc won't understand why he's being killed, but that's not really the point is it? Feeding oneself is certainly not the only requirement for the word "natural" to apply.

The point is that humans are emotional creatures. I am not showing sympathy for the dogs owner by simply stating a fact- humans are emotional and naturally seek revenge- it's part of what makes us so violent and fucked up. Logic and rationalization are learned concepts- revenge is instinctual to us.

I'm merely pointing out that it is every bit as natural for that dogs owner to want to kill the croc as it was for the croc to take the dog in the first place. Just like if the owner went after the croc and the only thing that came of it was the croc getting a second meal? That would also be perfectly natural.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2017-04-05 at 07:49 PM. Reason: grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Send that croc to China and label it as croc-wrapped canine meatloaf. Gonna be the bomb.
    They are more likely to be turn into handbag there.

Win-win.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Of course it's revenge, and of course the croc won't understand why he's being killed, but that's not really the point is it? Feeding oneself is certainly not the only requirement for the word "natural" to apply.

The point is that humans are emotional creatures. I am not showing sympathy for the dogs owner by simply stating a fact- humans are emotional and naturally seek revenge- it's part of what makes us so violent and fucked up. Logic and rationalization are learned concepts- revenge is instinctual to us.

I'm merely pointing out that it is every bit as natural for that dogs owner to want to kill the croc as it was for the croc to take the dog in the first place. Just like if the owner went after the croc and the only thing that came of it was the croc getting a second meal? That would also be perfectly natural.
    i just wonder how would you recognize which aligator (or crocodile, whatever) has killed your dog. I mean, has the owner witness the crocodile, could he identify it 100% in a line up alongside 4 other crocodiles? Surely killing an innocent crocodile for the killing of his dog is not right?

You see how stupid the situation can be? Just move on, dogs die every day.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i just wonder how would you recognize which aligator (or crocodile, whatever) has killed your dog. I mean, has the owner witness the crocodile, could he identify it 100% in a line up alongside 4 other crocodiles? Surely killing an innocent crocodile for the killing of his dog is not right?

You see how stupid the situation can be? Just move on, dogs die every day.
    Obviously the situation can be stupid if you paint it to be that way. I was not making a point about the logic, rationalization, morality, or ethics of the act. I was merely pointing out what is natural, in a very literal sense. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Would it be a rational decision? Probably not.
    Would it be the logical choice? Certainly no.
    Ethical? circumstantial but arguably not.
    Moral? Questionable.

But Natural? Absolutely.

If you're defending the croc... have you ever squished a spider? poisoned an ant hill? trapped a rat? swatted a fly?

If your neighbor's snake got loose and was in the process of squeezing the life out of your pet or even child, would you just shrug and say, "Oh well! That's nature."

Krikey what a dilemma

Humans are morons. "Hey, this predator killed my pet which I allowed to roam near its habitat! It needs to die!!"...
    Culling for the sake of population control? A must in many cases. But should THIS crocodile be killed for killing a pet dog? Of course not.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're defending the croc... have you ever squished a spider? poisoned an ant hill? trapped a rat? swatted a fly?

If your neighbor's snake got loose and was in the process of squeezing the life out of your pet or even child, would you just shrug and say, "Oh well! That's nature."
    Understanding nature =/= not defending your own family members/other humans if you see them in danger. Not sure how you were able to conjure such mental gymnastics, but you managed.

Taking "revenge" on nature after the fact is just plain retarded. It's the same mentality which had people just go out and kill random rays after Steve Irwin died to one of them...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-05 at 10:21 PM.

No. they also shouldn't be killed for killing/attacking people either.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Humans are morons. "Hey, this predator killed my pet which I allowed to roam near its habitat! It needs to die!!"...
    Culling for the sake of population control? A must in many cases. But should THIS crocodile be killed for killing a pet dog? Of course not.

- - - Updated - - -

Understanding nature =/= not defending your own family members/other humans if you see them in danger. Not sure how you were able to conjure such mental gymnastics, but you managed.

Taking "revenge" on nature after the fact is just plain retarded. It's the same mentality which had people just go out and kill random rays after Steve Irwin died to one of them...
    You walk into a room where your child is playing. Five seconds ago a black widow bit your child and is now crawling away. You don't step on it? After all, it's after the fact.

You walk into a room where your child is playing. Five seconds ago a black widow bit your child and is now crawling away. You don't step on it? After all, it's after the fact.
    Are you really comparing a child with a pet?

That'll teach it for being a croc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No, predator took advantage of the situation, shouldn't mean they get a cull. If you do what the locals/signs say you shouldn't have a problem with the crocs.
    What are they going to do...just let them roam about? Not give a damn till they kill a person?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    What are they going to do...just let them roam about? Not give a damn till they kill a person?
    They are just agitated from the storm, they will settle down.