Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Killing the croc that killed a pet dog? Nah, Croc just being a Croc.

Culling the population invading human territory? Perhaps, but I would rather just relocate them (if possible).

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to kill it cause it'll come back bigger, and next time it won't be a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Did some reading, the debate of weather to call them native or noxious is still ongoing. But we do know that they were introduced, and are suspected to be the cause of the extinction on the Tasmanian tiger, devil, and native hen from the mainland. They already royally fucked the ecosystem, and they are the only large land predictor, something needs to keep them in check.
    You're thinking of Tasmania, which is an isolated ecosystem to mainland Australia. Or was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Killing the croc that killed a pet dog? Nah, Croc just being a Croc.

Culling the population invading human territory? Perhaps, but I would rather just relocate them (if possible).
    Humans have proven difficult to relocate though. We might need bigger nets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't kill for revenge no. It's an animal doing what it does. If the population needs to be kept in check though that's an entirely other matter.

Deleted
    Crocs gona Croc! No it should not be destroyed. Relocated, yes. Destroyed no.

Deleted
    If the crocodiles are constantly causing a problem, they need relocating or culling, simple fact of nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it can't be relocated, then sure. But I don't see a reason to kill instead of relocate.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    When can we start the human cull? They have encroached on so many different animal territories, caused so much death to other animals and humans, wreaked havoc on the environment. It's time
    Would you still think it was time if they choose you as part of the cull?

But back on topic, I would have killed that croc if it killed my dog. Dogs are family.

They got a healthy population that could survive a culling? No idea on croc numbers over there. But if its impacting tourism, that means its impacting locals, that means crocs gotta die.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    "I took a Calculated Risk, but boy am I bad at Math."

OT: If it is an immediate danger, cull it. If not, leave it be. Croc eating the dog is just nature really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    They got a healthy population that could survive a culling? No idea on croc numbers over there. But if its impacting tourism, that means its impacting locals, that means crocs gotta die.
    Yeah they are pretty common, where I am from a few nearby creeks were full of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Humans have proven difficult to relocate though. We might need bigger nets.
    And bigger Walls to stop them relocating back!

Crocs there have become so bold that they jump out of the water at fishermen. So many crocs that I dont think they will ever be able to keep them in check.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Northern Queensland Australia has just gone thru a bad Cyclone/ Hurricane.
    As such there is lots of flooding and some unusual animal things happening.

Bull sharks are in the Flood waters with one found 19 km (11 miles) from the Ocean , in floodwater in the middle of the road. (Sharknado lol)

Yesterday a Crocodile in the Floodwaters too a Family pet Kelpie dog named Rusty
    And the image below show the poor dogs leg protruding from the Croc's mouth.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...edbcabb35ba21e

Now some people are calling for a cull of the Crocodiles because they are driving Tourists away.

“Attacks are on the rise, the crocs we’re seeing are big, aggressive and territorial, and crocs are surfacing in places they’ve never been before.”

People come to Queensland Australia to enjoy sunshine and beaches, but the image they’re seeing now is croc attacks and croc signs
    everywhere

I dunno if there should be a Crocodile cull now, just for the sake of Tourisim.

The crocs eat the bull sharks.

10+ Year Old Account
    When a human kills another human, we don't kill the killer, because we've grown out of the "an eye for an eye" mentality. I don't see how this is different, especially since wild animals killing each other is how some of them survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The crocs are probably thinking the same about people, too. "those fucks getting bigger, more aggressive and territorial - entering areas where they haven't before"
    That's what being the dominant species is like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    When a human kills another human, we don't kill the killer, because we've grown out of the "an eye for an eye" mentality. I don't see how this is different, especially since wild animals killing each other is how some of them survive.
    You don't see how this is different? Do you think a croc can be rehabilitated? That's why we don't kill killers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You don't see how this is different? Do you think a croc can be rehabilitated? That's why we don't kill killers.
    The croc doesn't need rehabilitation, because, well... It is a croc!

If we were to kill every animal that has ever killed another animal, that would be the biggest genocide in the history of the planet, and we would probably exterminate more species than all the 5 global extinction events combined did.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

So the sharks decided Australian land wildlife wasn't dangerous enough and decided to crawl out of the seas to correct this? Intriguing development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Crocs have been here for 200.000.000 years and will continue even if you shoot a few, i dont think you should kill it for eating something though not even a human, let nature have it's go.

The croc doesn't need rehabilitation, because, well... It is a croc!

If we were to kill every animal that has ever killed another animal, that would be the biggest genocide in the history of the planet, and we would probably exterminate more species than all the 5 global extinction events combined did.
    I'm not saying we should kill the croc, I'm asking you if you really don't see a difference.

Killing the croc is simply revenge and nothing else. But then again as the dominant species we are sometimes allowed revenge.

Becasue animals are not people. Pretty simple thing. I doubt anyone is suggesting a "shoot and let sink" program. I imagine they would permit hunters who go out and harvest the crocs for meat and skins. Not at all bothered by this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Crocs have been here for 200.000.000 years and will continue even if you shoot a few, i dont think you should kill it for eating something though not even a human, let nature have it's go.
    I too, wouldnt kill the croc for eating the dog. But that doesnt seem to be the whole issue. It seems that the flooding has brought MANY crocs into areas they would not typically be, endangering people. I support something being done about that, assuming the croc population is healthy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If a croc killed my dog I would probably kill the croc.
    And you would probably get done for doing it, as it is still illegal to shoot crocs in Australia with hefty penalties up to $7000..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-04-05 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And you would probably get done for doing it, as it is still illegal to shoot crocs in Australia with a hefty penalties up to $7000..
    Hunters (poachers) have a saying for problem animals who are protected. The 3 "S's", Shoot, Shovel, Shut up. If a landowner wants to remove an animal and they are inclined to, they will and likely no one will ever know.