Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    Seem great but i will remain skeptical until the game is released, at least there isnt a language barrier and a publisher to go through for communication with the game company which is a plus, im looking at you FFXIV and Black Desert.
    Uhm FF14 has English support reps. I've spoken to UK reps over the phone. I don't understand what language barrier you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm FF14 has English support reps. I've spoken to UK reps over the phone. I don't understand what language barrier you are talking about.
    ^This

I mean unless you purposely try to call the support number for a region that doesn't speak your language....but they have region specific support numbers specifically so you can actually speak with a rep that you can understand so I have no idea what you're talking about with FFXIV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    ^This

I mean unless you purposely try to call the support number for a region that doesn't speak your language....but they have region specific support numbers specifically so you can actually speak with a rep that you can understand so I have no idea what you're talking about with FFXIV.
    You guys missed the point, i was talking about communication with the devs, not contacting support, everything has to go through a translator since the devs don't speak a word of English.

No you could have melee builds in standard GW2. Dagger/WH Power Necro was a popular PvP build. Most of the offhand stuff was ranged but it could dual wield daggers. You are right though in that the Elite skill is a Melee one.
    Just out of curiosity, was it actually melee abilities? Or were they just really close-range spells? Because I know that's what your first weapon is like but the only other thing I used was a Staff and I still had not gotten used to it before I stopped playing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks ok. reminds me of TESO. As an AUssie it always comes down to "will it have servers close by" when MMO's are "action-y"

Kickstarter starts may 1st if anyone is interested in that. Also a new class announcement soon, which will appear in a video.

"We here at Intrepid Studios have some big news to share with everyone! On May 1st at 10 AM (PDT), we’ll be launching our Kickstarter! We decided to use Kickstarter as a means for our community to help bring Ashes of Creation to life, and for us to provide some Kickstarter only rewards that we know our die-hard fans will love. Some of these rewards include;

Discounted subscription time (including lifetime subs available on Kickstarter only), headstart for live launch, access to alpha server (will become public test server when game launches), closed beta access, unique pets, monster tokens, costumes, weapon and armor skins, housing/building skins, mounts and a lot more!

You will not see any Pay2Win items in Ashes of Creation on our kickstarter."
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-04-24 at 09:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kickstarter... bye bye AoC. The hype died before it properly even started.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Ah how to check the boxes for avoiding this:
    Kickstarter
    Little Information-how do they intend to pull off 64 freaking classes? That is not happening.
    Shooting for the Stars when major companies couldn't pull that shit off

Everything I see on this just looks like a rush to Kickstarter and I'm sure they'll try and ask for way too much to boot.

Everything gets kickstarted nowadays, so not a shock. These devs seem to listen to the community though, so you never know, they might take player ideas into the kickstarter.
    Would have to see what's on the kickstarter list though.

Yeah kickstarting an MMO is a terrible idea. Way way to many of them have 'failed' and underperformed to risk spending money on it without a lot more guarantees.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

My biggest problem with this game (other than "we have all this cool stuff we won't deliver on!") is that they have a sub fee AND a cash shop.

Either go with the cash shop, or go with sub, don't try to milk both. Our sub should be paying for these armor sets so we can earn them in game. We all know they'll shove anything that looks half decent into the shop and make all the in-game armor models just reskins and basic looking crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah kickstarting an MMO is a terrible idea. Way way to many of them have 'failed' and underperformed to risk spending money on it without a lot more guarantees.
    This. Any MMO recently that's been crowdfunded has either been a disaster, is still in development or just a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I feel like I've heard this pitch 50 times before TBH.
    Pretty much, and while I LOVED the world manipulation (destroying rocks, using glowing orbs as light sources, abilities that let you hover or briefly fly to cross distances, etc), how much is that really going to be relevant in end-game and exploration hours and hours into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    It's going to be subscription based
    FUCKING. RIP. DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

I don't have a problem with subs if a game actually delivers. WoW and FFXIV definitely do not, and this one will likely follow the path of the ones before it that eventually went Free2Play or Buy2Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    My biggest problem with this game (other than "we have all this cool stuff we won't deliver on!") is that they have a sub fee AND a cash shop.
    Unless that cash shop is 100% cosmetic, thanks for killing any inkling of hope I had that this game turns out good.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

This. Any MMO recently that's been crowdfunded has either been a disaster, is still in development or just a scam.
    Steven Sharif, the Creative Director, has stated that Ashes is already fully funded. The kickstarter is for additional features they'd like to add, and perhaps cut development time. It's an addition, not the majority of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Unless that cash shop is 100% cosmetic, thanks for killing any inkling of hope I had that this game turns out good.
    The cash shop is 100% cosmetic. Steven has stated this many times. Thankfully they can go this route since there's a subscription cost. One of the many benefits of a sub system.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2017-04-24 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Steven Sharif, the Creative Director, has stated that Ashes is already fully funded. The kickstarter is for additional features they'd like to add, and perhaps cut development time. It's an addition, not the majority of funding.

The cash shop is 100% cosmetic. Steven has stated this many times. Thankfully they can go this route since there's a subscription cost. One of the many benefits of a sub system.
    Even being only cosmetic doesn't change the fact that the majority of their art assets will end up in the store. A huge part of player participation in mmos is cosmetic based. Putting that behind a further paywall just makes all those mount collectors, transmog hunters, and other cosmetic chasing people avoid the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Pretty much, and while I LOVED the world manipulation (destroying rocks, using glowing orbs as light sources, abilities that let you hover or briefly fly to cross distances, etc), how much is that really going to be relevant in end-game and exploration hours and hours into the game?
    Kind of what happened to GW2 to me, they had such awesome ideas for a great leveling experience, but after I hit max level those things were kinda irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Kickstarter... bye bye AoC. The hype died before it properly even started.
    I dont think you understand how many people are hyped for this game even though the full game wont even be released till around 2020.

How many blizzard employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, its working as intended!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbubba View Post
    I dont think you understand how many people are hyped for this game even though the full game wont even be released till around 2020.
    I wouldn't hold my horses on even 2020 release. Or a release at all. Is there actually a single MMORPG that has had a kickstarter and successfully launched the full game at some point?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Even being only cosmetic doesn't change the fact that the majority of their art assets will end up in the store. A huge part of player participation in mmos is cosmetic based. Putting that behind a further paywall just makes all those mount collectors, transmog hunters, and other cosmetic chasing people avoid the game.
    I think saying the majority of art assets will be in the store is not accurate.

I just look at it as the alternative being f2p or b2p. Both of these payment models pretty much necessitate a pay2win cash shop that a sub allows devs to avoid. Instead they can concentrate on making a challenging, fun, immersive mmo. Not trying to 'persuade' players to partake in the cash shop. But if you want those extra cosmetics and have some money, I don't have a problem with extra money pumped into the game to make it even better.

But if you have concerns, I'd suggest getting involved in the forums. You can use the link in my signature (and gain my appreciation . Also, the discord is very active and has a ton of useful information. Channels with ask/answers, pinned messages with a lot of info. Steven is there talking and answering from time to time as well.

https://discord.gg/kdzCD68

Kickstarter MMO with a subscription = 99% chance of failure

Which is sad, because I like the way it looks. Somewhere between TES Online and DA:Inquisition.

Though that theme of the classic old-school rpg (or mmorpg) might not get anywhere in the future. Maybe some free to play sci-fi space exploration shooter/rpg, with some elements from Destiny, Elite: Dangerous, Overwatch and Mass Effect would be more succesful.