Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    so what was the outcome of the M+ challenge? was @Klatar right to begin with? or did @Balvan prove that his statements are true? the world awaits!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    No gear or legendaries.

Blitz don't want us to chop n change specs I guess ;(
    My gear is very much suited for playing unholy i think, I have the bracers, belt and ring as well as about 71% mastery, 23% haste and 21-ish crit. As I said though, I really do lack the trait unlocks though.. 3 more in my frost weapon then I will dump some into unholy

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    My gear is very much suited for playing unholy i think, I have the bracers, belt and ring as well as about 71% mastery, 23% haste and 21-ish crit. As I said though, I really do lack the trait unlocks though.. 3 more in my frost weapon then I will dump some into unholy
    As you have the bracers and I don't, I'm afraid I'll have to put you on ignore ;(

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    what the hell happened to this class? i used to main it, now it just feels awkward/subpar. I am trying to make it an alt, but man the lack of mobility and the lower mid of pack dps isnt very appealing.

Lol @ Frost being lower middle of the pack.

If you're not doing mythic raiding you can do well with unholy. Or that's my experience. I mostly do heroic and normal raids and I'm usually doing above average, which I'm fine with and my guild is fine with. I'm definitely beating frost DKs who can't play well or are playing the mg build. I don't have bracers, currently running cloak and trinket and I'm only 894 ilvl without set bonusses. Granted I tend to parse in the 80% - 100% range depending on RNG and the fight.

For M+ there's nothing wrong with unholy. We do good to great aoe with very little effort and while our single target isn't the best, we do enough.

For Mythic raiding you'll need to play extremely well to get the same numbers that frost gets (and the frost dk will probably have to be less skilled), you can still raid mythic if you can find a guild that doesn't force you to be frost, but you won't be the best dps. (This is from other people I've played/talked with's anecdotal comments)

At the end of the day you have to play what you enjoy and find people that "allow" you to do that. I hate the current frost playstyle. So I'll stick to unholy. I've found a guild with which I can reliably clear heroic NH and they have no issue with me playing unholy. Granted I might just be a weirdo as I was playing SV hunter for a month or so after I quit tanking on my druid after we cleared NH HC.
    Intel i7-6700K 4 GHz Quad Core CPU - Asus Pro Gaming Intel Z170 MB - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM - Galax GeForce GTX 980 Ti HOF 6GB GFX Card - Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Corsair Graphite 760T Case - Corsair CS Series 80 Plus Gold Certified PSU - Corsair H110iGT Liquid CPU Cooler - 3x LG 24GM77-B 24" 144Hz 1080p Monitors - Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Red - Corsair Scimitar - Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Phreeze View Post
    since 7.2 i was losing over 100k dps on frost, as i misplaced the artifact points. I didn't use the "new" points, but filled the old ones. The char is dead...farming much AP now to get back. Also went for a BoS build, which i'm not that happy with, as it's extremely situational where you put a lot of dmg. In fights where you have to run around often like Star augur, elisandre and guldan, I'm not in top 6 anymore, before i was 2nd in dmg.
    There are other bosses like Skropyron where i was over 1mio at some time (ilvl 899), end of the fight around 720k. When BoS runs out, there's a huge downtime on runes and RP which makes you drop so heavily...arff...frustrating
    Our unholy, who has 3 more AP levels in his weapon, about same equip, is 1st/2nd in dmg, doing about 20 to 100k more than me :-/
    If you arent near the top of meters in your group on Eli and guldan, then you are just playing wrong. Those are 2 of the best fights for frost. Also wtf do you mean by BoS is situational where you put dmg? Also where are people getting this huge downtime from? very very rarely do i ever go a gcd without having something to do and have BoS doesnt change how many buttons you have or runes you have available to use.

Also just a heads up, no one will take you seriously if you use Skorp as a reference for dps measure.