Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    WTF no. Frost is great in M+. Did +14 DHT and i had 1.3m dps overall, our unholy 1.06m. I was beating him on big pulls and bosses.

Unholy has strong AOE but a strong frost DK with clever breath utilization will be stronger.

It is all out frost atm. Unholy might be soooo bad, but it cant compete with frost and the rest.
    Frost has quicker AoE, you can use Fury and reach your ceiling, same with other abilities very low end ramp up time.

Unholy needs to utilize DnD, dot, use DT and after that it's a cycle between SS/CS and DC to maximize your aoe damage. The lower the mythic dungeon the higher a frost will pull numbers compared to unholy and the opposite is true also.

The only reason you would prefer frost is due to the aoe stun in M+, an utility unh lacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Frost has quicker AoE, you can use Fury and reach your ceiling, same with other abilities very low end ramp up time.

Unholy needs to utilize DnD, dot, use DT and after that it's a cycle between SS/CS and DC to maximize your aoe damage. The lower the mythic dungeon the higher a frost will pull numbers compared to unholy and the opposite is true also.

The only reason you would prefer frost is due to the aoe stun in M+, an utility unh lacks.
    Well, unholy lacks in almost everything in comparison to frost, eheh...

At least, unholy got badass artifacts, the best of all. For pvp unholy isnt not bad too.

I don't think that frost even has quicker aoe, apart from fury which is on 5min cd. UH with Epidemic will have faster aoe then frost.

Thing is to achieve very good numbers (higher then UH) on trash pulls frost needs to use few major cds, breath, pillar and fury, whereas UH can just use regular epidemic/dnd/cs spam and achieve equal or higher numbers on every single trash pack.

With regular rw/oblit/rimed hb spam on trash (even with pillar) frost can't come any close to uh.
    Last edited by Balvan; 2017-04-21 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted

Well in a +2 it is difficult to keep breath up. Stuff dies too fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balvan View Post
    I don't think that frost even has quicker aoe, apart from fury which is on 5min cd. UH with Epidemic will have faster aoe then frost.
    Yeah i felt the same. He was somewhat faster while i was higher whenevee i needed it. Also i felt like frost has better focus target damage and you usually keep sindragosa for important big pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    /popcorn

Anyone else looking forward to the results....if Klatar steps up that is.
    Hell yeah. If only I had the same ilvl as him, I'd be up for the challenge It'd be fun because it's hard to compare our dps with only groups and skada. Also, I'm bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balvan View Post

Thing is to achieve very good numbers (higher then UH) on trash pulls frost needs to use few major cds, breath, pillar and fury, whereas UH can just use regular epidemic/dnd/cs spam and achieve equal or higher numbers on every single trash pack.

With regular rw/oblit/rimed hb spam on trash (even with pillar) frost can't come any close to uh.
    Nobody will run epidemic where the damage matters. Epidemic is good for some snap aoe damage at low keys, but high keys it simply isn't worth it compared to how much CS+DnD does. Maybe if you pull some insane numbers but ever since the nerf i haven't even bothered doing the math behind it anymore to see how many targets you need to out class it. Since if you run CS it scales directly with mastery also.

Yes to do well as unh you need to be able to rotate our cd's in often and have them ready before every boss, reason i stated in the firsts posts here it's harder to do well.

It's bad /10char

Nobody will run epidemic where the damage matters. Epidemic is good for some snap aoe damage at low keys, but high keys it simply isn't worth it compared to how much CS+DnD does. Maybe if you pull some insane numbers but ever since the nerf i haven't even bothered doing the math behind it anymore to see how many targets you need to out class it. Since if you run CS it scales directly with mastery also.

Yes to do well as unh you need to be able to rotate our cd's in often and have them ready before every boss, reason i stated in the firsts posts here it's harder to do well.
    Actually Epidemic is very good in m+. Nobody said if you take Epidemic that you stop dnd/cs spam.You still keep spaming dnd/cs but u feel it with epidemic outside of it. Basically its 3x Epidemic, dnd/cs spam, 3x epidemic etc...

And other 2 talents in that row dont contribute to single target dps that much on 1 min boss fights so i advise using epidemic in m+. In raids you' ll probably go with some of other two talents.
    Last edited by Balvan; 2017-04-21 at 03:42 PM.

what the hell happened to this class? i used to main it, now it just feels awkward/subpar. I am trying to make it an alt, but man the lack of mobility and the lower mid of pack dps isnt very appealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    what the hell happened to this class? i used to main it, now it just feels awkward/subpar. I am trying to make it an alt, but man the lack of mobility and the lower mid of pack dps isnt very appealing.
    Frost lower mid pack?

I'm raiding mythic, and I'm doing totally fine, but I have to parse at least 90% + to stay competitive, frost deals more dmg but it's more legendary dependant. Still, I can't play with dual wield, so Apocalypse artifact it's one of the reason I'm still playing Uh. Oh and it's the only melee that's actually a ranged class, that's priceless
    Last edited by Indil; 2017-04-24 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Frost lower mid pack?
    i was referring to unholy. i still have a hatred for this class in general just because of the crap mobility. i just dont understand how people dont mind being the slowest class by far in raids and the open world.

i was referring to unholy. i still have a hatred for this class in general just because of the crap mobility. i just dont understand how people dont mind being the slowest class by far in raids and the open world.
    Oh, people mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Oh, people mind.
    Not enough to sap all the fun from the class for them. I went from maining DK to not wanting to ever touch it(i sadly leveled him to 110 1st, biggest mistake). Just world questing alone triggered me. I'm hoping once I get flying that will at least make me want to try to gear up/world quest with my DK.

I took the Deathcharger class hall trait. Could help a little about the mobility's issue, at least in Open world content. For the stuffs inside the caves, I like to have the sephuz ring.

I guess boots can work aswell providing you have a lot of mastery ? Or that crafted one.

Deleted
    Well thats why you have different classes.

And it rewards us. Immemse self healing, strong magic cd, (mass) grip. Immemse AoE. And frost performs really strong in raids.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-04-24 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    And it rewards us. Immemse self healing, strong magic cd, (mass) grip. Immemse AoE. And frost performs really strong in raids.
    Frost performs upper middle of the pack. It's not the outlier it was before. And for every goody you just said one could easily find something a class with better mobility gets.

Deleted
    There's not a lot we can do about it. I've mained my dk since mid icc and even our current speed doesn't bother me too much.

I am still awaiting us hitting hard in compensation

I just played around with it a bit for the artefact skin (before giving up because @35 traits I'm just making it needlessly hard for myself), but I have to say I kinda like the way it plays. Sadly you aren't rewarded with awesome dmg for the effort required, so ultimately it's okay. I think it's just way more reasonable to get somewhat decent results with frost these days and would recommend that for everyone who doesn't want to burden their raidgroup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I just played around with it a bit for the artefact skin (before giving up because @35 traits I'm just making it needlessly hard for myself), but I have to say I kinda like the way it plays. Sadly you aren't rewarded with awesome dmg for the effort required, so ultimately it's okay. I think it's just way more reasonable to get somewhat decent results with frost these days and would recommend that for everyone who doesn't want to burden their raidgroup.
    No gear or legendaries.

Blitz don't want us to chop n change specs I guess ;(