Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not advocating rape here. But there are a lot of attractive women out there, so if you're going to rape one, why would you rape this one?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-04-24 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I'm not advocating rape here. But there are a lot of attractive women out there, so if you're going to rape one, why would you rape this one?

This sounds like something a rapist would say.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-04-24 at 07:44 PM.

She would look a lot better if she smiled.

I can't see sexual assault being a human right's case. Maybe if the law in your country ignore sexual assaults 100% or something.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This issue sure is getting a lot of press lately. How do you feel about it? Is the criminal justice system failing these women?
    That is why organisations like Weisser Ring* that aid victims of crimes free of charge and can be called anonymously should be a thing, in every civilized country.
    You call them and they councel you and advise you. Professionally.

These "Tribunals" however sound dubious.
    A tribunal is something that decrees judgements, where do they get their authority from in this case?

*Picked this one because it is a thing in several European countries and deals with all kinds of crimes.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-04-24 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If you cant be bothered to go to police your story probably isnt 100% true anway.
    It never is when women go public (seek attention!) for being sexually assaulted. Get to law enforcement, sure. But attention for being raped or assaulted? Crying victim stops working eventually. Sick in the head, sick in the society. Can't curb this behaviour out any more or it'll hurt feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I think this fear of the justice system is unique to women and people of color.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    My statement is true, but yea I'm totally a rapist. Totes.

But seriously, do you ever logically think about anything you say, or is it always emotional or sensational bullshit?

This is the kind of deflection and posting history a rapist would have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    By reporting it to the school first and making a case for it in social media instead of immediately approaching the police you pretty much give the accused a solid defense. What is needed is for people to be educated on how to most efficiently and effectively report a crime so that they do not taint the limited evidence.
    Pretty much this.

A person's word is worth almost nothing as evidence; short of criminals admitting something themselves. So if a victim waits a few days, a few weeks, a few months, etc., to report their being raped because feminazis have them convinced the police are out to get them... Then one, they're a fucking retard. And two, the police aren't going to be able to help them by that point because the physical evidence is gone; which only reinforces their retarded assumption about the police in the first place.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My statement is true, but yea I'm totally a rapist. Totes.

But seriously, do you ever logically think about anything you say, or is it always emotional or sensational bullshit?
    How exactly is your statement "true"? You said she shouldn't be a target for rape cause she's ugly practically. Do you ever logically think about anything you say?

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    This is a horrible prescident to set.

Does the justice system fail some times? Sure, but almost all 1st world criminal systems are builty around one major pillar: Innocent until proven guilty. It seems like a lot of these social groups are putting it into the heads of women that the police and prosecution are out to get them or something. That's almost never the case. A lot of these investigators have wives and daughters, and many can even dedicate years of their life trying to get justice for a woman they believe is a victim.

But, sometimes, an accusation just has no merit, or not enough evidence to find a person guilty without a reasonable doubt. Does that mean it was made up? Of course not, but we can't just throw people in jail over little more than an accusation.

But these "human rights tribunals" have no jurisdiction, and almost always little to no training about such things. More often than not, they end up becoming mob mentality and mark any and all guilty immediately. Even if the person is 100% innocent.
    What a very well thought out common sense argument, wish I saw more of these.

HRT's are nothing more than a Kangaroo Court, with a serious lack of due process and shift the burden of proof to the accused far too readily.

"A criminal case can’t provide financial compensation"

There's the answer right there...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What a very well thought out common sense argument, wish I saw more of these.
    Then be the change you want to see, Zenkai.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...to-seek-change

This issue sure is getting a lot of press lately. How do you feel about it? Is the criminal justice system failing these women?
    I'm quoting you, but replying to the first page.

The issue is that women need to get over are the consequences for the perpetrator. Because in so many rape cases the person is someone they knew, friend, lover, colleague, acquaintance, mentor, teacher, etc.

Fearing that the person will lose their job or go to jail, they file a complaint... at work, at school, at church. None of these want the potential publicity that a rape case brings and they try to handle it internally. The problem is they just aren't equipped to do so... AND there is a conflict of interest when they are looking out for the reputation of the organization first, and justice for the victim second.

Justice system can't really do anything if they don't ever hear about it.

Perhaps they need more stringent laws that effect both the person who receives the report AND the organization(s) for handling the complaints incorrectly.

Or maybe we just need some better street justice... nom sayin?

A young man was rushed to the hospital this evening, having had his genitals forcibly removed. Despite an over abundance of eye witnesses... no one is talking.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-04-24 at 05:17 PM.

What I expected: people wasting ECHR's time. What I got: kangaroo court witch hunts akin to college rape tribunals in US. No, just no. Rape is a crime. It falls under all the rules as other crimes, which includes a requirement of "beyond reasonable doubt" standard of evidence. Handling it via more lenient avenues should be illegal. Just because you want your case to be easier or want compensation doesn't give you the right to deny someone due process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What I expected: people wasting ECHR's time. What I got: kangaroo court witch hunts akin to college rape tribunals in US. No, just no. Rape is a crime. It falls under all the rules as other crimes, which includes a requirement of "beyond reasonable doubt" standard of evidence. Handling it via more lenient avenues should be illegal. Just because you want your case to be easier or want compensation doesn't give you the right to deny someone due process.
    That was my initial reaction... but I actually read the article and it goes a bit deeper.

Assume for a second that there is sufficient evidence not only for a case but a conviction as well.

But the victim simply doesn't want the humiliation of having to defend themselves from the onslaught of victim blaming that will inevitably come from the defense in an attempt to discredit their claim(s).

For some victims some justice is better than no justice, and even IF the ONLY justice comes from the community verbally recognizing and condemning the act, its better than having their out statements scrutinized and they themselves put on trial.

I feel like you may only have 1 eye open here...

My stance is a bit extreme... fuck the perp... burn em at the stake. But then again... I've never been raped.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-04-24 at 05:27 PM.

The underlying problem with any allegation of rape is it usually comes down to one persons word against another and proof is not easily found to say conclusively it was rape. There's a great many people who think the law needs changing to accommodate for this but anything which moves the law away from innocent until proven guilty is a terrible thing. Those that advocate harsher punishments i.e. death or castration sorry but you are on a loosing battle there, good as it would be to do away with all the rapists people tend to bail at the point that they discover the recently deceased/castrated were actually innocent and someone was lying (it happens from time to time). The best way forward is simply to continue advocating sexual assault in any form is wrong and will not be tolerated within civilized society. It's not a quick fix or a magic bullet to end the problem but there really is no such solution.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...to-seek-change

She went to the school instead of the police. There's no failure on the part of the criminal justice system here, she chose not to involve them.

No its kind of the opposite since a lot of rapists don't seem to seek out ultra attractive women and instead victimize ones who are not usually very attractive.
    So rapists must target women for some other reason than "looks".

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    By reporting it to the school first and making a case for it in social media instead of immediately approaching the police you pretty much give the accused a solid defense. What is needed is for people to be educated on how to most efficiently and effectively report a crime so that they do not taint the limited evidence.
    This. People need to be informed how to act in case of such event.

In case of assault or rape, the victim must immediately go to the hospital
    There he/she will get medical attention (physical or psychological), the hospital staff will help a lot, in any way they can
    The staff will also notify the police, will preserve the evidence/exams to present it to court, they will show up as witness if needed
    Police interaction may be better when the officers show up to get the statement in a hospital, having the staffs professional opinion readily at hand