Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ulduar or bust.

Fuck new legendaries though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Oh so its not okay for developers to make mistakes in their job now? Do you NEVER make mistakes in your job.

Get off your high horse.
    Gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    Of course the team would bring a slightly less geared warlock because it will still do more damage than that hunter and it provide health stone, summon stone, gateway, battle rez. I wonder which raid lead would take a hunter over a lock at the current iteration of legion?
    Heh heh heh, reading into a hypothetical example...

Deleted
    I love how they keep being vague about the release date of tomb when we all know its going to be June 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    glad to hear about the class mounts, that's a good thing.

but his crap about pathfinder shows a complete and total lack of care for what the people want.

he's moved from just doing spiteful little half-removals of bad features to outright saying he'll get his way on an issue. him and his whole team have been nothing but a detriment to this game.
    Since you know so well, what do people want ?

Watching these videos are great for falling asleep at night when I can't. Both of them are about as exciting as reading a dictionary. Thank goodness MMOC summarizes them for us or I'd never get the meat of the discussion.

For tiwalking raids,
    Wrath - all the raids I've farmed over and over. Maybe Naxx, so we can have a 3rd incarnation of it?
    Cata - Does Baradin Hold count? Seriously though, I did DS 38 times at the time so I'm not too keen on doing it again. Maybe Blackwing Descent.
    MoP - Throne of Thunder. I feel it's one of the better raids. But I also like Heart of Fear and Terrace of the Endless Spring. MSV not so much.

Few things bothered me about that interview

The team would have wanted to add another couple light requirements to Part 2, such as donate to buildings or kill elites, something that you would have gotten over time.
    This one being the most, sack the fuckers. We've all done our fair share of seeing and experiencing the content without needing more - I really hope they dont take this attitude into the next expac.

The invasion achievement being required for flying would have been annoying, no one wants to get up at 3 AM for an invasion
    No shit Sherlock, but that was clearly going to be the case before you released it, it should never, ever have gone live it's just sloppy.

There are Artifact unlock challenge lines, class mount quests, artifact challenges, which took lots development resources. If you are only playing one character, you may only see 1/12th of the content.
    This shit right fucking here. I play multiple characters, so I see this other content, but I have no issue with people who only play one character. That shouldn't be a fucking excuse or an answer to a question when asked about why content feels lacking. That's just piss poo and not on in my book. "You want more to do? Go do all of this again on an alt, some things change!"

The team learned from this and will improve in the future.
    Just do something like you did in Cataclysm in the fire planes, a leveling zone which got updated, which then got a brand new zone, with changing dailys and a fairly lengthy rewarding quest line, but one which completely wasn't necessary to progress or to anything. I know people complain about cata and those dailies were cycled through pretty quick, but its by far the best system we've seen so far. Could you imagine if 7.2 was like that patch as well as the class campaign and the content from BS in general? It would of been an immense patch

What more would you like to see?
    This sounds sassy to me

Heirloom upgrades are planned for Patch 7.2.5.
    It's about time, although a lot of us have our main character (and a fair few all classes) to 110 by now, might of been better to release these with 7.1

If you are looking to fill a PuG, it would be awesome if you wanted to look for a specific class rather than just grabbing the highest item level player.
    This would be nice.... but to a degree. I hated pugging Nax in wrath because finding a priest for MC was a nightmare on my smaller server, even now with it being older content, Black Rock Foundry is a pain in the arse with the heart of the mountain.

There are no plans to add Armies of Legionfall reputation to the invasions
    I understand why, but I disagree with it, you should get rep (even if its at the expense of something else) for completing them. Otherwise its like Legionfall saying fuck off, we don't care what you do outside of the broken shore

What raid would you like to see for each expansion's timewalking event
    Molten core - Let people who can use Sulfurus and thunder fury get its apperance
    Nax - Ateish + Corrupted ashbringer (Yup, screw you pallies, I want it on my DK ) same as the above
    Kara - I'd just like to go back to the original kara tbh, I've got a level 70 who raids it, but ever since the Wrath buff / nerfs on pre patch, it was just faceroll
    Uld - Let the healers have their mace appearance
    ICC - Shadowmourne appearance for those that can use it
    FL - Let the casters have the staff + fuck it, let the casters have the ability to change into the mount when they x mog it
    DS - Let the rogues have their daggers
    SoO - Reintroduction of the CM gear, Each boss has a chance to drop a CM gear token to redeem (Yea thats right I went there bitches)
    HFC - Reintroduction of the CM gear, Each boss has a chance to drop a CM gear token to redeem (Yea thats right I went there bitches)

These chests still mostly reward the same thing, which is underwhelming. The team will discuss this.
    Again, this should have been noticed before it went fucking live. How did you think the player base would react to getting a chest that requires 5x the amount of work, across a length of what two weeks? for it to reward nearly exactly the same rewards. I appreciate its all bonus loot and they didn't need to add anything. But fuck me as it is, I think I speak for a lot of people who would prefer them not to have added them

You won't be able to use weapon illusions on your Artifacts.
    And this is precisely why I don't use most artifact skins. I personally love mongoose especially on glaives, so I'm using the default stater zone ones. same with nearly every other character and spec I have.

Besides those issues, they addressed quite a few things nicely

Deleted
    As always, 100% of the Q&A is about combat. Nothing about roleplay, crafting, new professions, housing, music instruments etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Since you know so well, what do people want ?
    i can only go off what i've seen first hand. the overwhelming success and universally praised wotlk. the vast majority of people wanting flying up front, less arbitrary timegating, much less rng.

wotlk was all of these things.

maybe AMAs on the WoW subreddit would work.
    The mods there just got a huge power trip.

Expect changes over there to match their new and sudden sense of authority, power, and the "moral responsibility" that comes with being a semi-official Blizzard media outlet.

i can only go off what i've seen first hand. the overwhelming success and universally praised wotlk. the vast majority of people wanting flying up front, less arbitrary timegating, much less rng.

wotlk was all of these things.
    So the typical bandwagon ... people like WOTLK but wast majority can't actually say why.
    WOTLK was a great expansion BUT lets not kid ourself, it had one of the most atrocious "timegating" to date, which was limited attempts. Also rep grind for shoulder enchant, of which you could only get a certain amount of rep / day, with no catchup mechanism if you missed a day. People like to forget these thing were part of the game even in WOTLK, plus many more but these are the ones i can remember from top of my head..

By RNG i'm guessing you mean gear RNG, which helps out the wast majority of players more then it hinders the high end raiders/min-maxers. In wotlk there was no way in hell that you could get top end raider equivalent items as a casual, now you can.

Not much to say about flying, vocal minority always cries about it but there is probably a bigger part of the community that doesn't care either way, which means that there is really no right or wrong choice, just preference. I for one prefer achievement gated flying BUT i would prefer the achievement to be attainable soon after you hit max level for said expansion.

I'm not trying to be confrontational but the thing is people like to think they know better, but in fact they have no clue what impact, some of the suggestions on this forum, would have and what would be good for the game.
    Last edited by wewe; 2017-04-28 at 10:46 AM.

So the typical bandwagon ... people like WOTLK but wast majority can't actually say why.
    WOTLK was a great expansion BUT lets not kid ourself, it had one of the most atrocious "timegating" to date, which was limited attempts. Also rep grind for shoulder enchant, of which you could only get a certain amount of rep / day, with no catchup mechanism if you missed a day. People like to forget these thing were part of the game even in WOTLK, plus many more but these are the ones i can remember from top of my head..

By RNG i'm guessing you mean gear RNG, which helps out the wast majority of players more then it hinders the high end raiders/min-maxers. In wotlk there was no way in hell that you could get top end raider equivalent items as a casual, now you can.

Not much to say about flying, vocal minority always cries about it but there is probably a bigger part of the community that doesn't care either way, which means that there is really no right or wrong choice, just preference. I for one prefer achievement gated flying BUT i would prefer the achievement to be attainable soon after you hit max level for said expansion.

I'm not trying to be confrontational but the thing is people like to think they know better, but in fact they have no clue what impact, some of the suggestions on this forum, would have and what would be good for the game.
    wotlk grew the playerbase to 12 mil and it retained that until cataclysm.

obviously, there are aspects of the game that are done better now. nobody is saying to bring wotlk back 100% getting rid of all new things. just bring back the majority of the game systems from that time.

rep grinding was fine. if you put in the time, you got what you wanted, at your own pace. you put on a tabard and went into dungeons. that was the right way to do it.

with gear, not everyone needs omega gear. the badge gear in wotlk was fine. i went out in my badge gear and killed 10s of cultists above the argent tournament grounds, gathering up huge herds of them. all in badge gear.

the most important thing is that wotlk let you play the game at your chosen pace for the most part. if you worked towards something, you got it sooner than someone that might not have worked at the same pace as you. that is how it should be. if you want it, you should be able to go out and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I don't believe Timewalking raids are LFR. I think you need a premade group to do it.
    Well that's kinda stupid if its not LFR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Lore's hair will never fail to confuse me. Atrocious :/.
    Hehe... Hard to take anyone serious with a Mullet.

the most important thing is that wotlk let you play the game at your chosen pace for the most part. if you worked towards something, you got it sooner than someone that might not have worked at the same pace as you. that is how it should be. if you want it, you should be able to go out and get it.
    What is hindering you in doing that now, what can't you do at your own pace? The only thing I can think of is the opening of the tomb quest line (which is basically irrelevant fluff), but staggering that makes sense since opening up the raid now or when 7.2 was released would be a big blow to the raiding community.

rep grinding was fine. if you put in the time, you got what you wanted, at your own pace. you put on a tabard and went into dungeons. that was the right way to do it.
    not sure if i remember correctly but sons of hodir didn't have a tabard
    Last edited by wewe; 2017-04-28 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added sons of hodir relevant quote

What is hindering you in doing that now, what can't you do at your own pace? The only thing I can think of is the opening of the tomb quest line (which is basically irrelevant fluff), but staggering that makes sense since opening up the raid now or when 7.2 was released would be a big blow to the raiding community.

not sure if i remember correctly but sons of hodir didn't have a tabard
    sons of hodir did have those iron things you could turn in.

but as for what you can't do at your own pace, you can't really target any specific gear. just have to go do things and hope you get lucky. if this were wotlk, i could probably go buy the relic i'm needing right now(maybe not with a specific effect, but at least the relic itself). you can't do rep grinds at your own pace, you're stuck waiting on wq's. then the story itself, i'd rather have it all there and available, just hidden behind reputation and i could grind that reputation with a tabard or killing shit.

this is where personal responsibility comes in. if i want to go out and exhaust every piece of non-raid, dungeon, or daily content i have, i should be able to do that. if i want to pace myself on the story, that should be an option. some people will naturally pace their selves on the story, just due to not having the time to play as much as me. but i got all the time in the world, and i would blow through the story asap if i had that ability.

you just have to put out the word that here it is, this is how it works, if you blow through it and have nothing else to do that's your doing and you have no real right to complain.

The iron thingies for sons of hodir were added in a later patch i think, but still it dosen't take away from the fact that it was one of the most annoying and mandatory (for raiders) grinds.

but as for what you can't do at your own pace, you can't really target any specific gear. just have to go do things and hope you get lucky. if this were wotlk, i could probably go buy the relic i'm needing right now(maybe not with a specific effect, but at least the relic itself). you can't do rep grinds at your own pace, you're stuck waiting on wq's. then the story itself, i'd rather have it all there and available, just hidden behind reputation and i could grind that reputation with a tabard or killing shit.
    Well IMO you can target gear better then ever with nethershards. The gear you could buy in WOTLK was way, waaaay more limited then what is available for you in legion. Rep grinding was better for the most part yes, but as i pointed out the mandatory shit like sons of hodir was just as bad as it is now (at least now its not THAT mandatory).

you just have to put out the word that here it is, this is how it works, if you blow through it and have nothing else to do that's your doing and you have no real right to complain.

Heh, do you actually think that would work with the current community?
    People have proven that they can't pace them selfs and blow through content unless it's gated some way. Timegating is probably not the best option but what is ? At least timegating currently dosent hinder you in anything.

Well IMO you can target gear better then ever with nethershards. The gear you could buy in WOTLK was way, waaaay more limited then what is available for you in legion. Rep grinding was better for the most part yes, but as i pointed out the mandatory shit like sons of hodir was just as bad as it is now (at least now its not THAT mandatory).

Heh, do you actually think that would work with the current community?
    People have proven that they can't pace them selfs and blow through content unless it's gated some way. Timegating is probably not the best option but what is ? At least timegating currently dosent hinder you in anything.
    you just have to let it be known that's the amount of story you're getting, and that's that. sometimes you have to just put your foot down and leave it at that.

as for targeting, the nethershard vendor is damn good, a real step in the right direction. the problem is with the relic token, it gives you a random relic. it'd be better if you could choose which type of relic you want, iron, or blood, etc.

credit where it's due, the nethershard gear targeting is damn good and close throwback to wotlk. but it could be a bit better.

Geeee , awesome more ILVL bumps.. Keep on that grind hamster boys !!

Quote Originally Posted by off3nc3 View Post
    Geeee , awesome more ILVL bumps.. Keep on that grind hamster boys !!
    I mean what did you expect from an rpg....