Page 1 of 2
LastLast

They are doing it! Pt. 2

Hahahahahahahaha the new BM nerfs in PTR patch are REAL. DEMOLISHED our new tier set in half, REKT our top two single damage target artifact talents.

2 charge standard better be worth it boiz

You literally have no idea how BM will be compared to other specs dps wise. Are you stupid? They fixed playstyle issues in the spec, the raw dmg numbers won't mean anything for atleast a month.

For real, use your brain. Playstyle issues were fixed, but that could have meant BM was doing 100k+ more damage than the next spec, so it had to get nerfed, but we don't know. So having literally any reaction to NUMBER tuning, is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You literally have no idea how BM will be compared to other specs dps wise. Are you stupid? They fixed playstyle issues in the spec, the raw dmg numbers won't mean anything for atleast a month.

For real, use your brain. Playstyle issues were fixed, but that could have meant BM was doing 100k+ more damage than the next spec, so it had to get nerfed, but we don't know. So having literally any reaction to NUMBER tuning, is a joke.
    So you're saying they had enough data to nerf talents and tier BEFORE they even implemented the changes on the PTR? It's a preemptive nerf where they're just guesstimating the power of 2 charges. The shoulders are not a huge DPS buff, it's largely a QOL change.

Should the spec be nerfed to compensate? Of course. Should the damage output of our main ability and tier be slashed before there has even been a single point of damage on a dummy after implementing these changes? Go figure.

Try now convincing blizz to rebuff BM until weeks of TOS.

It's easy to nerf once they go live, but pre-nerf with 0 data and then try and bandage (if enough outcry) post raid launch? IDK about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuther View Post
    So you're saying they had enough data to nerf talents and tier BEFORE they even implemented the changes on the PTR? It's a preemptive nerf where they're just guesstimating the power of 2 charges. The shoulders are not a huge DPS buff, it's largely a QOL change.

Should the spec be nerfed to compensate? Of course. Should the damage output of our main ability and tier be slashed before there has even been a single point of damage on a dummy after implementing these changes? Go figure.

Try now convincing blizz to rebuff BM until weeks of TOS.

It's easy to nerf once they go live, but pre-nerf with 0 data and then try and bandage (if enough outcry) post raid launch? IDK about that.
    Ofc blizzard would have enough hard data, they have said many times they have their own simulation tools.

But honestly, having a cry before we even know how BM will line up, is a bit of a joke. Hold your horses till some ptr sims come out for classes.

Hahahahahahahaha the new BM nerfs in PTR patch are REAL. DEMOLISHED our new tier set in half, REKT our top two single damage target artifact talents.

The nerf to pack leader is a net ~3% damage decrease.

We actually don't even have the set bonus' in the game yet, so its pointless to form an argument over a nerf.

The changes to dire beast/aspect of the wild are so over-the-top massive that in comparison, this nerf is completely negligible.

The shoulders are not a huge DPS buff, it's largely a QOL change.
    yep everyone uses shoulders because of the QOL and not because they were the best for dps.

Going from 1 to 2 charges on DB is like 60k DPS at Mythic NH gear level. Of course they had to nerf BM elsewhere to compensate.

Still surprised to see the 2 traits we have get nerfed. Though this change will make Jaws of Thunder strictly better than Pack Leader.

Deleted
    Ah well seems we will stick in to NH set
    The nerf of the set alown isnt big but combined with traits nerf may have much bigger impact than blizzard wants

Deleted
    I have a distinct feeling that anyone that got the shoulders is just going to feel like this is a massive nerf. They aren't actually getting anything much out of these new changes.

But hey, it's PTR, so whatever, I will wait until closer to finished before I pass any judgement on what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerothian View Post
    I have a distinct feeling that anyone that got the shoulders is just going to feel like this is a massive nerf. They aren't actually getting anything much out of these new changes.

But hey, it's PTR, so whatever, I will wait until closer to finished before I pass any judgement on what they are doing.
    What? Use your brain. If they had the shoulders beforehand, they get to use another legendary now.

OP is clearly the same old troll from a few months back.

Deleted

They get itemlevel 970 roots with a quadzillion amount of stats.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-02 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    But we got a quick nip in the bud for all those thinking we'd go up in the ranking. As an owner of the shoulders I'm not getting much out of this, but depending on how inconsequential they made them I can safely go Prydaz and Roots O

7+ Year Old Account
    Haha I just came here to look for a thread. We'll have to see how we perform compared to other classes before we get all pissed lol. Though it is funny they buff direbeast so aren't dependent on those shoulders anymore, only to compensate by nerfing our main damage output. But again, we'll have to see how it compares to other class nerfs/buffs.

We get to use bracers with cof, belt, 2pc t19, 4pc t20, and have the new 2 charges on dire frenzy. BM would've been INSANE without a nerf. Doing some rough napkin math, it seems the nerfs to traits will have no net gain/loss on BM when we get 2 charges.

And everyone with shoulders now gets to use bracers+cof. That's really strong too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    What? Use your brain. If they had the shoulders beforehand, they get to use another legendary now.
    What I mean is that the actual shoulders are just going to be replaced. It feels like they are nerfing the shoulders. Currently on my Hunter I have Sephuz, Apex, Shoulders, Mask. So I'm not going to even be able to use something better.

That said I took an extended break which is why I don't have more legendaries, which I will admit is entirely my fault. Just noting my thoughts, nothing more really.

Deleted
    Yeah, pretty much. I played alts. My AP is on point, my gear is decent-ish considering I only entered NH mythic one time. But I have five crappy legendaries (with the exception of the shoulders that carried me). So now I feel that having stopped to have fun playing something else was a waste of time.

Welp, at least I already got Sephuz and the voodoo mask out of the way.

What I mean is that the actual shoulders are just going to be replaced. It feels like they are nerfing the shoulders. Currently on my Hunter I have Sephuz, Apex, Shoulders, Mask. So I'm not going to even be able to use something better.

That said I took an extended break which is why I don't have more legendaries, which I will admit is entirely my fault. Just noting my thoughts, nothing more really.
    In fairness, if you do everything (lfr, norm, heroic of all raids + emissaries etc) you'll get a legendary every other week with the current drop rates. That's 3 more shots at legendaries before tomb's even released. You've got legs, prydaz, trinket, bracers, boots, belt to go. Worst 3 you could get there would be prydaz, boots, trinket, and even then, both prydaz and trinket are decent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. I played alts. My AP is on point, my gear is decent-ish considering I only entered NH mythic one time. But I have five crappy legendaries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    (with the exception of the shoulders that carried me). So now I feel that having stopped to have fun playing something else was a waste of time.

Welp, at least I already got Sephuz and the voodoo mask out of the way.

same deal as above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention pet pathing and speed were buffed so BM will be hurt even less during target switching. So that's a buff that can't really be simulated.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Even if you don't switch out of the shoulders, it's still an extra legendary cause the shoulders become an entirely new legendary. You will get stronger.