Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's the fastest way to get some decent gear at 110

I just hit 110 and I'm pretty much getting destroyed on solo world quests in Suramar. Two or three mobs at the same time = dead. I was thinking about farming Nethershard for the armor tokens but I dunno if that's the best way.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're on high pop, certainly buying the highest ilvl armors on the ah

Deleted
    Mythic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I just hit 110 and I'm pretty much getting destroyed on solo world quests in Suramar. Two or three mobs at the same time = dead. I was thinking about farming Nethershard for the armor tokens but I dunno if that's the best way.
    If you leveled via non-Broken Isles methods (e.g. pet battles), and your character's gear is still roughly in the 100 range, your best bet for solo acquisition is the easier WQs when they pop up. Though that's EXTREMELY slow. If you can mooch some heroic/mythic runs from people you know, that'd be a decent way to gear up, but not a whole lot of guarantee.

I know one of my characters had to take Suramar quests/WQs slowly, and that was before 7.1.

Nethershards might actually be one of your better options, though many of the invasion areas are actually harder than most Suramar WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Mythic dungeons.
    With shitty quest gear, I'm sure groups will be jumping to invite me

Deleted
    Do Invasions.
    2 should give you almost enough shards to buy a entire set of 850 gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nether shards are the best way. For relics, I got my 11 alts I just leveled those from world quests.

Invasions are a lot of shards and you can farm them in broken shore.

Nethershards are a great way to fill some gaps or to gamble that one elusive piece. Otherwise not really. I use all of mine on alts just to get up to 850+ pretty quickly in full dauntless gear. Take advantage of the new world bosses when they are up as well, they drop 900 gear. Combined with the artifact catchup and how quickly you can get your +15% damage now you can gain a ton of power soon after you ding 110.

As far as getting 900+ gear, short of being carried through high m+ or raiding, you're going to have to work to get up there first. You'll have much better luck getting into groups as lower ilvl as a tank or healer than as a dps as dps are a dime a dozen.

Deleted
    Damn Blizzard and their ilvl requirement to make groups.

Mage tower is up and each box gives about 80-100 shards, rares are like 2-400ish iirc and there are plenty of auto-accept groups for the rares in lfg. I just hit 110 this morning and already have almost every slot 850+.

Downside is boxes are hard to find rip

From what I've seen in previous times...

The newest area like broken shore usually has the best means.

When I was more into the game it was a mix of WQ's and mythics and maybe crafting (my server sucked and crafted pieces were all stupid expensive for no reason)

Broken Shore gives you three free 850 items just for doing some starter quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do invasions for nethershards and gear from the last boss, buy gear from the said nethershards until you got 825 ilvl, then spam heroics until you have enough gear to hit some mythic dungeons with pugs
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Do invasions for nethershards and gear from the last boss, buy gear from the said nethershards until you got 825 ilvl, then spam heroics until you have enough gear to hit some mythic dungeons with pugs
    note:

spam heroics with a group that can funnel you pieces cause otherwise you will be wasting time =/

if you have such a group you may prefer to just jump into mythics

edit:

what gets under my skin is going through the motions trying to get your relics.... crafted ones have a limit of one per artifact? Sure you can spend 5k nethershards for relics, but i'd like something for the 800-850 range to fill the void while waiting for WQ or drop RNG
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-05-21 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    890 is the new 850. No one cares about 850 anymore.
    Judging from the fact that the OP is struggling with mobs in Suramar, I'm going to guess that 850 is an upgrade for them.

890 is the new 850. No one cares about 850 anymore.
    When you just hit 110, and have an average ilvl of 760 you'd love to have 850 gear. Note that the OP said he just hit 110. A fresh dinged 110 is typically between 740-770.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are EU I don't mind boosting you. I know how it feels to not be able to join a group.

Currently I won't have trouble getting into a group. if all else fails I have a quite a few friends who would not mind boosting. And if need be we can all runs the same type of gear to maximise drop rate. I.E. all plate etc.

I have helped plenty of people in the past where we went 5 DH and just blasted through dungeons.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Another small tip, just to help you with WQs, etc.
    A lot of the rares in the world drop gear, and if you didn't kill them while leveling, their gear drops scale.
    It's only gonna be like 785 or something,
    but it will help if you're item level is -very- low and make getting started easier, for very little effort.

Invasions for 850 sounds like the best idea to me, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm just saying that 850 gets you nowhere so your goal should be 890 or so.
    which is fucking irrelevant for the guy at this point. He's probably around 800 overall snd will be FAR better served by getting as many 850 pieces as he can as soon as he can. That will make the suramar quests easy. Does he then want to continue to upgrade and get ~880-890? Of course. But if he's 800 he's better off spending shards on more 850 pieces than 1-2 880s.

Around your ILVL.

Invasions will give you 805+ gear

World quests will go from 800-810

We are near Cataclysm timewalking, the weekly mission is a guaranteed 850+ epic

If you don't mind, a Bg Win is a guaranteed850+ epic.And if you manage to win is a good way to start.

Of couse you can farm Nethershards for gear tokens.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-05-21 at 02:58 AM.