Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact you can buy AK40 as soon as you have one character at AK40, effectively making alts much more accessible.

As someone raiding semi-hardcore, anything past the 52nd trait even with AK40 is not something you should be worrying about.
    No, you can buy 40-5=35 for your alts when you have 40 on your main.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    They gave us the prospect of 50. We're not talking about hard facts, but about what the players will feel. People planned with 50, they planned to catch their alts up to 45 instantly. They planned to get concordance itself at least very easily for alts with AK50. They planned for all this. This is like you earning 5000$ a month and 15 days into the month your boss comes to you "Hey, I'll only pay you 2500 this month, but you haven't earned any more yet, so it's cool, right?"
    You can still give your alts books that are 5 AK levels behind your main. Did you not realize that? Or are you purposely being ignorant?

- - - Updated - - -

Most players a) don't play much these days (Maybe 1-2 hours every day), b) Have alts, c) aren't confined to a spec.

I'll be satisfied (and "done") with AP the day I have 52 points on every single Weapon on every single one of my alts. I have one of every class. Many people are like me. Blizzard just essentially said "Fuck you" to me and players like me.

Well fair enough, but y'all aint getting the sub money no more.
    Then fuck off and quit the game. Stop coming here whining just because you cant get highly inflated AK levels that aren't necessary for applying AP to a weapon. Most player by now already have 52 traits and concordance and we are not even finished with AK levels yet.

Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You can still give your alts books that are 5 AK levels behind your main. Did you not realize that? Or are you purposely being ignorant?
    Yeah, we planned with having a book for 45, and then being able to passively cap alts at 50. With 50, we'd need much less grinding to get that crucial first concordance point for alts. You once again failed to comprehend the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact you can buy AK40 as soon as you have one character at AK40, effectively making alts much more accessible.

As someone raiding semi-hardcore, anything past the 52nd trait even with AK40 is not something you should be worrying about.
    nope, reaching AK40, you can buy AK35 for alts. Not AK40.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

They gave us the prospect of 50. We're not talking about hard facts, but about what the players will feel. People planned with 50, they planned to catch their alts up to 45 instantly. They planned to get concordance itself at least very easily for alts with AK50. They planned for all this. This is like you earning 5000$ a month and 15 days into the month your boss comes to you "Hey, I'll only pay you 2500 this month, but you haven't earned any more yet, so it's cool, right?"
    You can get CoL very easily at 40... like 1 week of average play will get you CoL and YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ALTS. "Planning around alts" if you care enough to have your alt at the softcap for ap effectiveness (CoL) you care enough about it to play it casually for a week or 2 to get it there. What expansion before this one allowed for your alts to so easily stay caught up to your main???? My main is 915 and my alt which hasn't stepped into a mythic raid all expac and I barely play is only 7ilvl behind and 4 artifact levels behind.

Having AK cap SOONER makes playing alts MORE viable since AP dr's in effectiveness even sooner. More time to play my priest (yay) because my pally isnt gonna need that 200million ap on tha map so bad when its next artifact level costs over 10 billion

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    You can get CoL very easily at 40... like 1 week of average play will get you CoL and YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ALTS. "Planning around alts" if you care enough to have your alt at the softcap for ap effectiveness (CoL) you care enough about it to play it casually for a week or 2 to get it there. What expansion before this one allowed for your alts to so easily stay caught up to your main???? My main is 915 and my alt which hasn't stepped into a mythic raid all expac and I barely play is only 7ilvl behind and 4 artifact levels behind.

Having AK cap SOONER makes playing alts MORE viable since AP dr's in effectiveness even sooner. More time to play my priest (yay) because my pally isnt gonna need that 200million ap on tha map so bad when its next artifact level costs over 10 billion
    I'm talking about alts. The prospect that people have only one spec or one char is preposterous. This game needs to be optimized so that people can play alts freely without losing progress on their mains.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Yup, smaller gains = less feeling of missing out when you can't do all AP quests on 12 characters every day, like some act like that is "mandatory"

AK40 still is more then 2x the speed of what's now available, and alts being AK40 the second they ding 110 is good.

Why would I wanna wait 50 days after 7.2.5 hits, with heirlooms etc that help out alts, only to wait 15-25 days again to go from AK45 to 50 to feel "efficient"

Sure it won't be as fast as AK45/50, but it's still easy enough to get to 52.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 52 points without ever putting any thought into "grinding" AP. I just play the game and AP is a side bonus.

You should try it.

I'm talking about alts. The prospect that people have only one spec or one char is preposterous. This game needs to be optimized so that people can play alts freely without losing progress on their mains.
    Many people only have one spec or one toon. As for playing alts freely... you can buy an AK35 book, and your main loses no progress, since there's nothing to "progress" once you hit CoL trait. Just a place to dump extra AP for a slight boost.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    What I have to wonder is if 40 is the be-all end-all or are we going to see another AK rise in 7.3.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    No, you can buy 40-5=35 for your alts when you have 40 on your main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    nope, reaching AK40, you can buy AK35 for alts. Not AK40.
    Get informed before you post anything. You will be able to buy AK40 straight away.

Deleted
    you must be one of those poeple that whine for everything

No you can't. You can buy 5 below your level in multiples of 5. So at 40 you can buy 35. This isn't a new change so I doubt many people are overlooking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    What I have to wonder is if 40 is the be-all end-all or are we going to see another AK rise in 7.3.
    Unless the weapon changes again and we stop dumping points into concordance there isn't much of a point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    No you can't. You can buy 5 below your level in multiples of 5. So at 40 you can buy 35. This isn't a new change so I doubt many people are overlooking it
    Yes you can

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-67

They changed it when they lowered the cap

Deleted
    No you can't. You can buy 5 below your level in multiples of 5. So at 40 you can buy 35. This isn't a new change so I doubt many people are overlooking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless the weapon changes again and we stop dumping points into concordance there isn't much of a point.
    they mentioned that there will be another artifact squish in 7.3

Since a lot of people have not seen this yet, here is the source about buying AK40 for alts as soon as your main hits 40 (https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-67)

"To that end, the item Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII is being changed to grant Artifact Knowledge level 40 instead of level 35. As before, it will be purchasable in the Order Hall by characters who have reached AK 40. This means that players will be able to immediately catch-up to the AK cap on alts once they have access to this book, which should make the process of getting to Concordance on alts less daunting too."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You say you nerfed AK down to 40 levels to lower the amount of time people feel like they are horribly inefficient. Nicely thought out, but completly ineffectual. It's much easier to never give a kid candy then to give candy to the kid, make it wait for 2 months to get said candy, and then call backsies after a month. Regardless of if the kid ever deserved candy, that kid is going to be angry with you.

That's what you have done. Instead of feeling like their AP farming again means something at 40, you've essentially ensured that players will now feel that their AP farming is useless for the entire rest of the patch cycle. Congrats, you extended the problem you sought to fix indefinitely.
    My god, your tears could provide clean drinking water for half of Africa
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    End of expansion patches tend to have some hefty catchup mechanics but raising the AK would be a different route as it affects people who are up to date as well.

The raid log expansion of WoD was horrendous... Having 0 methods of progressing your main outside raid time is awful. I work full time, so I miss out on tons of time to grind AP but I still LOVE the AP system. Being able to progress my character regardless of when I have time to play is amazing, some weeks I get very few hours outside raid time but still enjoy the shit out of getting to do content on my main. With the AK system weaved into the AP system, AP QUICKLY loses value until your next AK level resulting in time to play your alts at MINIMAL cost to your main. Please read my early post about my alts strength relative to my main without doing anywhere near the same amount of content.

My main is Bublbegumer - Mal'ganis (915 if I max its equipped Ilvl)
    Priest alt - Boblebubble - Mal'ganis (908 Ilvl in bags few upgrades I haven't enchanted or gemmed yet, Should also be Artifact level 50 once I log in and get my M+ chest after work)

I have never had an alt so close to main with such minimal time investments... compare my M+ and raid encounters on these chars. Alts have it GREAT this expansion.... and to make it better 1 toon players can always gain power on their main if they want. It just gets DR'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    End of expansion patches tend to have some hefty catchup mechanics but raising the AK would be a different route as it affects people who are up to date as well.
    The huge amount of AP you get from 1 time quests like the ballance of power stuff or Suramar does that too, even just at AK 25. Do those at 35 or higher on an alt and you will be past your 4th gold dragon just from a few quests.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."