Thread: Gearing up?

Gearing up?

Hey everyone,

I've decided to come back to WoW and rerolled as a Guardian Druid. I haven't played WoW since MoP so I just have a few questions.

1) What is the fastest way to gear up? My end goal is to become a Mythic raider and I would like to start that right away.
    2) How do Druids stack up as far as tanks after the new patch?
    3) Do professions even matter anymore?

If you have any other tips or advice please let me know. I haven't tanked since MoP so any and everything will be helpful.

1) If you got gold, spend it on some catch up gear. Grind out nethershards for 880 gear that can war/titanforge. Do the highest weekly mythic you can get invited to. Start normal/heroic raids to bump up your ilv to be considered for a mythic guild.

2) Still one of the best. Massive wall of HP and incredibly easy to heal.

3)They can craft 880+ gear, including legendaries until you get some good legendaries on your own.

From just hitting 110 you can easily get a whole set of 850 gear in a couple of hours. Don't buy any items at all, you can get a whole set of nethershard gear ridiculously quick.

Why wouldn't you buy items from AH. There are 900ilvl belts and cloaks at AH for pennies.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

1. Nethershards to 850 is definitely the easiest way to go, though if you have gold to spare, crafted gear+obliterum and BoEs from ToS can definitely get you high up too. From there, you can farm the hell out of Nethershards for 880s.

2. Bears are still top-tier for physical damage. Magical, we're a bit weaker but Frenzied Regen (esp with the new 2P/4P) and cooldowns are there as needed. Really, the nerf just made us go from beyond brokenly OP to top tier.

3. Not really.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I appreciate the feedback everyone!

I have an additional question. I finally hit 110 and I'm in the process of gearing up (ilvl 836). I'm knocking out the Broken Shore quest line and getting the Nethershards but should I be using them to fish out a certain legendary? I'm going to be forming my own Mythic groups as Feral and will be getting carries (I hate having to get carried) through Mythic+ until I feel comfortable tanking on my own.

Just trying to come up with the best plan so I can start raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would just use the nethershards to purchase gear without worrying about legendaries, unless you intend on purchasing a bunch of crafted gear (which you can upgrade up to ilevel 900) and/or BoEs.

get relinquished relics until you have 880+ each slot in weapon. Grind out the pvp weekly arenas 2v2 and 3v3(895 items and you can get them purely losing arenas now getting 1500honor) and bonus roll them. Also do the pvp world quests that have items, they're also 880 base item level now with new season. Flesh out weakest item level slots with relinquished items.

Kill each broken shore world boss when nether disrupter is up and bonus roll them for 900+ loot.

Go pure pure item level to start, dont both about optimising stats at all.

Next week has tome of sargeras looking for raid ques starting to start on also.
    Last edited by axxey; 2017-06-23 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Grind out the pvp weekly arenas 2v2 and 3v3(895 items and you can get them purely losing arenas now getting 1500honor) and bonus roll them.
    Thanks! I didn't know about this and ended up getting a 915 Titanforged neck from the 2v2 cache. Ended up tanking a few mythic and completed a +2 and +5. Trying to figure how far I can go with Mythic+ with my current gear level (869).

Quote Originally Posted by Darlais View Post
    I appreciate the feedback everyone!

I have an additional question. I finally hit 110 and I'm in the process of gearing up (ilvl 836). I'm knocking out the Broken Shore quest line and getting the Nethershards but should I be using them to fish out a certain legendary? I'm going to be forming my own Mythic groups as Feral and will be getting carries (I hate having to get carried) through Mythic+ until I feel comfortable tanking on my own.

Just trying to come up with the best plan so I can start raiding.
    Definitely don't worry about getting legendaries from Relinquished. Just fill out your < 880 slots first, then decide if you want to go for a specific piece (most people go for the Arcanocrystal trinket) or a legendary (probably Luffa's [Bracer]) once you're actually geared.

If a slot desperately needs replacing, use 400 shards for an 850 (Dauntless).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.