Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes, the future is flexible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No it isn't apples to oranges.

You don't like the fact it isn't because of Sony.

- - - Updated - - -

They have already done Cross-Platform play. They was the first console company to do it and have been since PS2.
    I'm aware. That however doesn't change that they're looking out for their own interests more than the interests of microsoft in regards to minecraft, who's struggling in comparison.

The PS4 is on track to be one of the best selling home consoles of all time, the xbox not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I'm aware. That however doesn't change that they're looking out for their own interests more than the interests of microsoft in regards to minecraft, who's struggling in comparison.

The PS4 is on track to be one of the best selling home consoles of all time, the xbox not so much.
    Why would Sony look out for Microsoft's interest at all?

This PR stunt by Microsoft is in there interest because like you said they are struggling by comparison. Its a good PR move that try's to make Sony look by to those who don't know the history between the two company's and what they do.

Cross-Play is only a benefit to Microsoft because it allows there platform to look more active and big then what it really is.

Its a fucken PR stunt that so many are falling for. Just spend 2min's on google and u can see Sony has always done Cross-Play and is the first to do it. Sony even originally asked MS to do it back in the 360/ps3 day's and Microsoft outright refused.

So why should Sony give any fucks now and give in to the demands Microsoft wants to do it? Once again Microsoft being assholes is the reason Final Fantasy XIV isn't on there platform and likely never will be.

Sony and Microsoft are in major competition with each other, Why would Sony do something that only benefits Microsoft. 60 million PS4's sold and growing, Even the playerbase wouldn't notice if Cross-Play was there or not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No. The PS4 seems to be doing perfectly fine without it.

The only thing the PS4 could possibly need to help with it's sales is backward-compatibility without having to subscribe to playstation now.

It's a dick move, they know they are ahead and they are basically saying fuck other platforms.

PS4 is far ahead of the xbox one and they know it, and seem to enjoy proving it every chance they get, Switch is irrelevant in the discussion because it's like 4 months old and we don't know the sales other than 3M+ at this point.

PS4 has had a great start with exclusives...but lets not pretend that momentum is going into holiday season. They seem to have no major AAA exclusives coming in the fall.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I think we might have a reason for no Minecraft crossplay at least:

Original article: http://www.pressfire.no/nyheter/Xbox...-p-Playstation

NeoGAF translation: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391640

Basically, Minecraft, starting with the "Better Together" patch, will be using Xbox Live to connect everything. Yes, even on the Switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Basically, Minecraft, starting with the "Better Together" patch, will be using Xbox Live to connect everything. Yes, even on the Switch.
    Like I said before, brass balls from Microsoft. It's obvious it was because Minecraft and the attempt of MS trying to shoehorn their systems everyone (juicy monthly active users on Live), now we got the answer.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-06-14 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, don't see how anyone could criticize Sony for no Minecraft Cross-Play when Microsoft would be forcing PS4 users to long into Xbox Live to do it. That's a ridiculous condition that Sony would, of course, refuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that isn't happening, especially minecraft it's annoying. This forces users to rent servers instead of establishing their own. It's a problem I have with minecraft pocket where hosting a server is roundabout and requires you to use 3rd party app and always be running on an android/ios device. So you can't just use a computer you have to host a server, you're forced into a gimpy method or rent a server.

Hey look the reason I been giving on why Sony won't do it is the reason they are not doing it............

SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its also the same reason why FFXIV isn't on XB1...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, PS4 is already outselling everything else 2:1.

Crossplay is literally the only way for the other companies to keep populations and playerbases high enough by combining them together whereas Playstation needs no such gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yeah, don't see how anyone could criticize Sony for no Minecraft Cross-Play when Microsoft would be forcing PS4 users to long into Xbox Live to do it. That's a ridiculous condition that Sony would, of course, refuse.
    You know how silly this is....we are in 2017 where I can literally link accounts from multiply social media accounts to everything

I can link facebook to my playstation plus account
    I can link my square enix account to my Playstation

So please try again...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You know how silly this is....we are in 2017 where I can literally link accounts from multiply social media accounts to everything

I can link facebook to my playstation plus account
    I can link my square enix account to my Playstation

So please try again...
    And yet, Xbox is the direct competitor, not Facebook nor SquareEnix.

10+ Year Old Account
    If cross-play becomes more of a thing that the others are doing, then absolutely.

However I don't think that's going to happen, so they'll be fine probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And yet, Xbox is the direct competitor, not Facebook nor SquareEnix.
    and that would be a logical argument if it didn't fall apart the moment they allow cross play between PC....the biggest competitor out their.

Also while we are at it I see Sony winning more from cross play then Microsoft for example. I mean who actually buys a Xbox instead of a PS4 this generation? Purely based on available games you would be nuts to buy a Xbox One actually, almost everything you can get on a Xbox is available on PS4 but not the other way around.

What this tells me that most Xbox buyers are primary the guys that buy the dammed thing to play with their friends, by removing that factor they would sooner be inclined to buy a PS4 instead.

Just look at the reasoning given by Sony ''to protect the children'' I mean come on who buys this crap and then seeing all those other excuses by fanboys like ''well using xbox live is a no no'' when account linking is a common and I use my private hotmail account (gmail is for professional use) for my PS plus the link between Xbox Live and Playstation Plus is already their in some ways.

Deleted
    and that would be a logical argument if it didn't fall apart the moment they allow cross play between PC....the biggest competitor out their.
    So, basically, it's a feud between Sony and Microsoft, the direct competitors in the console market, right?

Remember this?
    https://www.engadget.com/2012/05/31/...-ps3-but-cant/
    http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2430-ff1...n-to-microsoft

Microsoft can cry me a river if Sony is now saying "Fuck you!" because of Minecraft.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-06-15 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Also while we are at it I see Sony winning more from cross play then Microsoft for example. I mean who actually buys a Xbox instead of a PS4 this generation? Purely based on available games you would be nuts to buy a Xbox One actually, almost everything you can get on a Xbox is available on PS4 but not the other way around.

What this tells me that most Xbox buyers are primary the guys that buy the dammed thing to play with their friends, by removing that factor they would sooner be inclined to buy a PS4 instead.

Just look at the reasoning given by Sony ''to protect the children'' I mean come on who buys this crap and then seeing all those other excuses by fanboys like ''well using xbox live is a no no'' when account linking is a common and I use my private hotmail account (gmail is for professional use) for my PS plus the link between Xbox Live and Playstation Plus is already their in some ways.
    PC doesn't require PS users to log into Steam. Try again. Also lol, PC is not Sony's biggest competitor.

Once again, why would Playstation make their users create a Xbox Live account to play Minecraft? They would gain nothing from it. It's clearly a move by Microsoft to snatch some users from Sony. Sony has an install base that is over twice the size of the Xbox One. They don't need cross play and I don't see why they would accept such a ridiculous condition to give a small percentage of players who actually care cross play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure as hell wouldnt make a Xbox live account just too crossplay especially since i probably wouldnt even notice any diference in Number of players.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Sony is acting out a big baby.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Sounds like Sony is acting out a big baby.
    If that's the opinion you have came up with then its clear u haven't read the topic at hand.