Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Also amused that all the people complaining about the "merely a setback" scenario with Zenos is what some of us expected; an ascian piloting his corpse.

And I realize that the thread is FOR spoilers, but I'm still using tags atm just because it's only a day old.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Also amused that all the people complaining about the "merely a setback" scenario with Zenos is what some of us expected; an ascian piloting his corpse.
    I think the more interesting scenario would be if there was an Ascian Zenos AND the real Zenos existing as separate people. That's a story thread with interesting possiabilities.

Just finished and I was pleased with the story. Didn't care much for the trial, but that's nothing new for me. I had a feeling between Yotsuyu and Fordola one of them wasn't going to make it, and I was right. Now maybe Fordola will get to live, we'll have to see. The twist with playing Alphinaud was amusing, I'll be interested to see where that goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think the more interesting scenario would be if there was an Ascian Zenos AND the real Zenos existing as separate people. That's a story thread with interesting possiabilities.
    That's pretty much the case.

Zenos' corpse is currently possessed by Elidibus. Zenos himself, meanwhile, appears to have 'Echo body hopped' into the body of an Elezen. The one seen meddling with Magitek armour before killing a member of the Ala Mhigan Resistance and musing about his 'hunt' and his nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That's pretty much the case.

Zenos' corpse is currently possessed by Elidibus. Zenos himself, meanwhile, appears to have 'Echo body hopped' into the body of an Elezen. The one seen meddling with Magitek armour before killing a member of the Ala Mhigan Resistance and musing about his 'hunt' and his nature.
    And the Elezen in question looks, and sounds, remarkably like our good friend Estinien. I really can't be arsed with yet another story line around Nidhogg's Eyes and Estinien being possessed.

I was also pleased by them adding the sidequest to go back to The Lochs and see The Saltery in operation again. Little touches like that are part of why I enjoy this game.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I was also pleased by them adding the sidequest to go back to The Lochs and see The Saltery in operation again. Little touches like that are part of why I enjoy this game.
    If you REALLY love throwbacks go back to that one air ship for the 24 man after you do the story quest for it for another side quest involving our wine loving friend....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Mind telling me where the sidequest is please?

But just done MSQ and I have this to say.

MAH BOI IS BACK. We all fucking know who "Shadowhunter" is and HYPE HYPE HYPE!.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's a stone's throw away from the Rhalgr's Reach aetheryte.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

But just done MSQ and I have this to say.

MAH BOI IS BACK. We all fucking know who "Shadowhunter" is and HYPE HYPE HYPE!.
    Yeah i was surprised how many went 'who is he?!?' when hes a garlean wearing a tattered version of gaius' armour, using his weapon and has his mask hanging from his belt. Truly his identity is a puzzle

but on another note interesting to see the artificial echo does the body hopping, makes me wonder if the sahagin with it was artificial as well.

And the Elezen in question looks, and sounds, remarkably like our good friend Estinien. I really can't be arsed with yet another story line around Nidhogg's Eyes and Estinien being possessed.
    Zenos appears to have taken over a member of the resistance, I doubt the body he has is Estinien's. Besides I don't think Zenos' body was even still there when Estinien showed up to take care of the eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

And I realize that the thread is FOR spoilers, but I'm still using tags atm just because it's only a day old.
    I expected this too. But I am annoyed that Zenos is somehow still alive in a new body. If he was echo body hopping like the fish guy in the Leviathan patch why the heck did it take so long for it to happen when this was previously shown to have the spirit emerge immediately upon death?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Zenos appears to have taken over a member of the resistance, I doubt the body he has is Estinien's. Besides I don't think Zenos' body was even still there when Estinien showed up to take care of the eyes.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Zenos' spirit or soul or whatever was trapped in the eye after he'd used it to turn himself into Shinryu. Estinien destroying the eye allowed it to possess him, afterall, Estinien has been shown to be extremely vulnrable to this kind of thing before, especially when Nidhogg's eyes have been involved.

From there, it would have been very easy to find a resistance uniform on a dead soldier to blend in with them. It was the aftermath of a city siege, there were almost certainly lots of them for the taking.

I was thinking more along the lines of Zenos' spirit or soul or whatever was trapped in the eye after he'd used it to turn himself into Shinryu. Estinien destroying the eye allowed it to possess him, afterall, Estinien has been shown to be extremely vulnrable to this kind of thing before, especially when Nidhogg's eyes have been involved.

From there, it would have been very easy to find a resistance uniform on a dead soldier to blend in with them. It was the aftermath of a city siege, there were almost certainly lots of them for the taking.
    But we talk to Zenos for a bit after we defeat Shinryu. He's pretty clearly in his own body when he slices his own neck open. This would mean he both off screen teleported his soul into the eyes, which Estinien says are depleted of aether when he finds them, and then managed to off screen teleport into Estinien's body? Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think it's Estinien. Eye color is different as is the shape of the face.

Virtually guarantee he didn’t possess Estenien. Different face, different hair, using a katana...just some random resistance soldier (likely a formerly dead one).