Thread: Tsukuyomi fight

Tsukuyomi fight

Holy shit that was rough. An hour of wiping. It'll get easier when people learn it and itemlevels increase, but man do I wish there was Echo on this, even if a severely nerfed Echo. So much things happening, that for your basic PUG full of people whom most don't know the fight... ow. Still, I imagine it'll be fun later on.

To be fair it is day 1 of the patch.

People will be learning it. Same with Ridorana. Apparently EX mode isn't that hard.

It will get Echo though in 4.4. That's how it normally works. Previous patch trial gets it. Jade Stoa got it now.

seriously? are there any new mechanics? you kill adds, stack when you need to and the fans are just a reskin of titans boulders. If you got past fractal continuum you've seen all of these moves before. Compared to construct 7 or yiazmat shes a breeze mechanically speaking.

I got a clear my first time in, though the group had just lost a couple of people raging about it.

Note: I'm referring to MSQ version. Thought it worth noting that the group still had some issues with wipes leading to people abandoning before I joined them.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-05-23 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    seriously? are there any new mechanics? you kill adds, stack when you need to and the fans are just a reskin of titans boulders. If you got past fractal continuum you've seen all of these moves before. Compared to construct 7 or yiazmat shes a breeze mechanically speaking.
    Oh yeah, nothing new, but sometimes the RNG placement of things screwed some people, especially those who didn't learn beforehand. The split moon phases on the ground is what got me for awhile until I looked it up. I was swapping at 5 stacks instead of 2 or 3 hehe...

I got through it by marking myself, and telling everyone but the tank to just stay right on top of me at all times. It's one of those fights where the only reason you'll need to spread out is to kill adds, otherwise you're better off moving as a group everywhere you go.

Pretty much the same way I used to get pugs through the safety dance back in Naxx. Or most bosses in general, it seems. It places most of the mechanics burden on me, and to be honest, I'm fine with that. If you're confident you can handle the mechanics 100% of the time, it's something you might want to look at too. It's not an elegent method, but it works.

I expect it'll get better as more people learn what they're doing, but with it being a part of the MSQ, there's always going to be new players there looking to complete the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two attempt to clear, first one was just a slow train wreck into inevitable death.

Some reason the 2nd attempt it went the complete opposite and just completely smoothly.
    Got 4 MIPs for it, yay, need a few hundred more >.>

Joined an in progress run so I knew I was in for trouble.

We wiped 3 times i think?

A few people consistently died over and over.

I died one pull because I didn't understand the mechanic of standing in alternating light/dark, but figured it out really quick. The fans took maybe a pull to figure out. Seemed identical to Shiva icicles.

Lots of people died to fan over and over.

Just finished it. Went in blind, wiped twice, got it the third try. Fans were obnoxious for me at first, but I got the hang of it. The light/dark part wasn't bad, it was the void zones that weren't very clear IMO. But I learned to watch for that too. Glad I won't have to do it again, but that's generally how I feel about dungeons and trials anyways, so...

Wiped 5 times due to healers being terrible and dying, group vote abandoned.

Cleared it first try with second group who had all had similar first+ experiences like I did.

Mechanics are pretty straight forward, the issue is when they stack and having all 8 people being on point when that happens so half the raid doesn't die.

I'm in the process of learning the EX version. It's a very fun fight - though there's a lot going on. It's also one of those fights where one person's mistake can lead to everybody wiping. Which means a lot of pressure. The first and second phases are very straightforward...but then all hell breaks loose.

Had a couple wipes on it first time due to the light/dark debuff. Nothing terribly complex, though.

EX had me wanting to throw objects at walls due to how it took me 5-6 hours and a good dozen different learning/clear groups to finally get the clear.

"Hey 10% wipe on first pull...we got this"

*group proceeds to fuck up meteor placement 3 pulls in a row*

Even funnier is I got my clear as PLD, not MNK, after all of 5 pulls total with a friend of mine co-tanking with me, so now we can farm this primal and get tank mount credit along with weapon upgrades and maybe the mount drop from the primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Had a couple wipes on it first time due to the light/dark debuff. Nothing terribly complex, though.

EX had me wanting to throw objects at walls due to how it took me 5-6 hours and a good dozen different learning/clear groups to finally get the clear.

"Hey 10% wipe on first pull...we got this"

*group proceeds to fuck up meteor placement 3 pulls in a row*

Even funnier is I got my clear as PLD, not MNK, after all of 5 pulls total with a friend of mine co-tanking with me, so now we can farm this primal and get tank mount credit along with weapon upgrades and maybe the mount drop from the primal.
    Still haven't cleared EX due to boredom. I'm a solid 2-3 weeks away from quitting until 4.4. UWU better be really fun.

Tsukuyomi Ex is okay. I think the most interesting mechanics are the Selenomancy phase and the dual sword phase. Unfortunately, the intro + add phase is jarringly slow, with several interrupts where you stand there stunned for 12 seconds each, and the Sword phase comes at the very end. With good DPS you really won't see much of it.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2018-06-04 at 08:29 PM.