Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In Television:

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce - Angel Series finale "Not Fade Away".

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In Television:

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce - Angel Series finale "Not Fade Away".
    Definitely one of my top 10. It gets even sadder in the comics, as his contract with Wolfram&Hart binds him to their service even after death.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In Television: Wesley Wyndam-Pryce - Angel Series finale "Not Fade Away".
    Cordelia was a bigger kick in the nuts. ("You're welcome.")

I was furious when Aeris died. I had all my materia on that bitch.

Wound up replaying half the fucking game to get it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

When I was a kid, Kira's death in the Dark Crystal was very sad.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh man, this one hit me hard. A bunch of the deaths in LOST do, but this one is the worst. I still think the episode right before that season finale, the Charlie-centered episode called "Greatest Hits" was one of the best episodes of television to ever be on air.
    I found that character among the most annoying of my favorite shows, but his death was sad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    then itachi uchiha, he was sad for me too, for personal reasons.
    Lose a sibling or had someone sacrifice everything for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Naruto: Neji (there's actually a lot in that damn show) Feelsbadman
    So talented, had to embrace his role to protect Naruto and Hinata. <3

My list, not in any order:
    Kakashi from Naruto. Trying not to have more than 1 per show/movie, Naruto did have a ton of death and as much as i love the Uchiha clan, that initial death of Kakashi was sad as fuck (then was rezzed cuz... reasons).

Stannis Baratheon from Game of Thrones. I love Ramsay, but we all knew he wasn't going to last long, but Stan had this presence about him. He did bad shit, but was always praised far and wide, though all "WE" saw him do was lose.

General Nazgrim and Ga'nar from World of Warcraft. As a diehard Horde, these two were the heart and soul of what it means to be Horde. We follow them, level with them... it feels like they are family.

Wallace from The Wire. Man... every time I see Michael B. Jordan, i think back to him playing Wallace. EVERY damn time. I think i end up giving him too much credit in other roles, but from my favorite TV show and a very early impactful death... damn.

Eric Draven from The Crow. My favorite movie. He dies and comes back to avenge his death and the death of his fiance. Finishes the job and then its over. "I have something to give you. I don't want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain all at once, all for you."
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2017-06-19 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Lose a sibling or had someone sacrifice everything for you?
    i went through a pretty rough period of being a pretty bad person.

it was unleashed on someone i care dearly about, and i regret it every day.

Deleted
    Won't someone think of including HAL from 2001 in their list?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i went through a pretty rough period of being a pretty bad person.

it was unleashed on someone i care dearly about, and i regret it every day.
    Learn. Grow. Feels like I have that growing inside me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    William Wallace - Braveheart

And the one death from Dead Poets Society
    Although the movie was messed up enough to be considered fictional overall, the death scene was pretty accurate historically, toned down even. Although the king didn't die at the same time as him soo yea.. I guess we can call that fiction nvm.

sachi from sword art online
    aeris
    bubba from forest gump
    terminator from the end of terminator 2 (when he does down with the thumbs up into the liquid steel)
    Last edited by Linri; 2017-06-19 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

Wallace from The Wire. Man... every time I see Michael B. Jordan, i think back to him playing Wallace. EVERY damn time. I think i end up giving him too much credit in other roles, but from my favorite TV show and a very early impactful death... damn.
    Where's Wallace? Where the fuck is Wallace? Huh? Huh? String? String? Look at me! Where the fuck is Wallace? HUH!?
    Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2017-06-19 at 07:49 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

In no particular order:

Madeline - FF6

Her lover was kidnapped by an evil empire and she died trying to save her baby daughter, who was also kidnapped by said evil empire and raised as a weapon of destruction. (I think we can all agree that death was too good for Gestahl)

Lavitz - Legend of Dragoon

Dominic Santiago - Gears of War 3

After his wife died, the only thing that kept him going was his duty. In the end he sacrificed himself to save Marcus and the rest of Delta-One, giving them a chance at ending the Locust War and the Lambent Pandemic. Dom died a hero.

Big Boss - MGS4

Taretha Foxton - Lord of the Clans

Honorable Mentions:

Durotan and Draka (referring to the book, but their deaths in the movie were pretty sad too)

Varian Wrynn

Runas (technically he didn't die, but withering is pretty much the end of a nightborne)

Tirion Fordring (I did his quest chain on my paladin back in the day, and I RP'd as a member of the Argent Crusade in Wrath, so I have a headcanon that Tirion and her were friends - which made his death sadder)

--others I can't think of right now--
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-22 at 01:10 PM.

5. Boromir
    4. Boromir
    3. Boromir
    2. Boromir
    1. Boromir

I don't get the whole Aerith thing. It was not even remotely sad compared to 99% of other fictional deaths. I mean and then people claiming Varian in this???? What are you people watching/reading/playing that Varian is a top 5 of sad deaths in all of fiction.

Marley from Marley and Me ranks a thousand times above most of the deaths people are claiming in this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Trull Sengar in Reaper's Gale
    That's and Itkovian. Something in that scene is... just damn sad.

Perhaps not quite sad, but touching nonetheless.

Spoilers if you haven't played any or watched any of this stuff but these titles are years old.

5. Big Boss Metal Gear Solid 4
    You learn a lot about Big Boss in these last few moments. A guy that was supposed to be a villain is actually the hero and he dies for that cause just like...
    4. The Boss Metal Gear Solid 3
    Big Boss' mentor who also sacrificed herself for the greater good.
    3. Sarah The Last of Us
    Children dying break my soul, especially when the death is as needless as this one.
    2. Henry and Sam The Last of Us
    Again we have children dying, but in this case it was an infected kid being shot by his own brother. Who then commits suicide.
    1. Captain John Miller Saving Private Ryan
    At the very end of the movie the men that went to save Private Ryan are all killed except for one. Captain Miller's last words to Ryan were "Earn this" as he died. Then you cut to Old Man Ryan asking his wife if he has been a good man. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it right now.

Honorable mention:
    Itachi Naruto.
    Its not as sad the first time you watch it because you still think hes a villain at the time, but after you learn about the truth it is kind of soul crushing.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2017-06-19 at 08:38 PM.

Gonna be hard to choose because lots of things make me cry.

1. Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 3. Especially when he sings the patter song
    2. Boromir, Lord of the Rings. Just a man that was desperate to save his country. Also, Eddard Stark. Their deaths are a tie.
    3. Charlie, LOST. I don't even like talking about it.
    4. Nagisa and Ushio, Clannad. I nope out of this anime anytime I get an urge to watch it. Never again. I can never listen to that dango song either.
    5. Some of the Clones from The Clone Wars. Particularly Fives. Too many from Star Wars to even list them all.

Aerith/Aeris, FF7
    Logan, Logan
    Sam, I am Legend
    Opie, Sons of Anarchy
    Ned Stark, ASOIAF