Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

oldschool grind in legion

is there anything to grind/farm in legion like u could in vanilla ? winterfall firewater from furbolgs or elemental essences ? something that i could just sit for unlimited time and grind certain area/mobs.

world quests are limited, plus some i dislike (like murky or wisp ones) because i want to play my class.

looking for that oldschool grind in legion

Do the insane title grind

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    is there anything to grind/farm in legion ?
    Yes, Legion is basically about farming.

like u could in vanilla
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    Do the insane title grind
    easy. I've done it so quick it would make your head spin if I told you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post

No.
    Vanilla > ALL

Even the grind was enjoyable. I love it. <3

This thread is going places I can tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Classic had very much finite grinds and ways to progress.

Legion's "grind" is endless, you're always able to progress your character. Legion wins on every front over Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post

No.
    With the exception that legion farming is super annoying. I kinda miss that oldschool farming too. At least swim can experience some of it on private servers *wink* :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Classic had very much finite grinds and ways to progress.

Legion's "grind" is endless, you're always able to progress your character. Legion wins on every front over Classic.
    Grinding isn't always about advancing your character, and Legion's world content is boring as fuck and largely completable as an observer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    any open world mobs dropping legendaries or anything like that ?

Deleted
    The closest you can find is the Sentinax event, which is similar to the Shaohao rep or the most recent Apexis grind, if you are up to that kind of thing.

Other than that, there are several hidden artifact appearances you can go after that have a low chance to drop from mobs. The Holy Pala one for example has a very small chance to drop from demons in Faronaar.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-06-16 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Grinding isn't always about advancing your character, and Legion's world content is boring as fuck and largely completable as an observer.
    Says you.

To others, it's the best world content they've EVER offered which is also RELEVANT so many months beyond reaching max level, which is unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says you.

To others, it's the best world content they've EVER offered which is also RELEVANT so many months beyond reaching max level, which is unique.
    Grinds that aren't about advancing your character remain relevant precisely because they don't exist to be relevant. They simply exist for the fun of existing. The Legion AP grind is, essentially, the entire expansion - it is everything, and everything circulates around it.

You present your own opinions as fact and then play the "says you" card when someone disagrees with you? Poor form. Your opinion is of no more relevance than mine or anyone else's, so unless we're discussing this with the tacit understanding that we are discussing opinions, (which I thought was obvious), there is no point in discussing anything at all.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

No. It was speculated that this would be a thing and a way to grind specific legendaries but they can drop from; Emissary chests, Armies of Legionfall resource chests, treasure chests around the world, rare mobs, dungeon/raid bosses, weekly mythic+ chest and normal mythic+ chests. Also 1 crafted legendary per armor type.

Deleted
    All rare mobs in the world have a chance to drop legendaries

Says you.

Yeah, or you wait until the next 7.x Patch and get your Progression done in about 1/100 of the time. Don't get me wrong, I really like grinding in MMOs, but Progressing by grinding doesn't work well with extreme Catch-up mechanisms. If Blizzard were known for minor Catch-Ups only and the AP were account wide I would play the sit out of the game right now, but as is... I feels like waiting for catch-ups is the most effective way to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Even the grind was enjoyable. I love it. <3
    The only reason it was enjoyable was because of the reward. Even reaching 60 felt like some sort of meaningful achievement.
    Today you have severely retarded grind systems with next to 0 reward.

I have to give a big shoutout to one of the "design pearls" of this expansion, the exalted paragon caches. Those guys should receive some scientific commendations for proving deeper pavlovian constructs based on the people who find that thing ok.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2017-06-16 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The only reason it was enjoyable was because of the reward. Even reaching 60 felt like some sort of meaningful achievement.
    Today you have severely retarded grind systems with next to 0 reward.

I have to give a big shoutout to one of the "design pearls" of this expansion, the exalted paragon caches. Those guys should receive some scientific commendations for proving deeper pavlovian constructs based on the people who find that thing ok.
    and how is this a bad thing ? i think its a great addition to already existing world quests and emissary chests since reputation factions are so pointless in legion (unless u want toys) and easy to get exalted. now u can at least get additional chests and hope for legendaries this expansion is all about. fuck d3

and how is this a bad thing ? i think its a great addition to already existing world quests and emissary chests since reputation factions are so pointless in legion (unless u want toys) and easy to get exalted. now u can at least get additional chests and hope for legendaries this expansion is all about. fuck d3
    Fuck no reward !

10+ Year Old Account
    is it so hard to find anything grindable from mobs in this expansion ?

the biggest problem i have with current modern wow compared to vanilla/tbc or even wotlk is that open world creatures die too fast. again comparison to diablo 3 where i just slaughter hundreds of demons.
    i spend more time traveling between world quests than actually doing them alone. i pull a pack of as many as possible and just aoe the shit out of them - cuz i can, cuz blizzard let us do it. 2 min to complete wq, 3 min travel to the next one

i would like again to grind at relatively slow pace elementals in ungoro, furbolgs in wintersrping, skeletons in wpl one by one, maybe two at a time. i would feel more accomplished than 'cheating' my way through tens of mobs with a single ability or two

u see, when 7.2 came out and blizzard stealth scaled open world mobs so they are tougher a lot of ppl on this forum were complaining about it ! thats just beyond me, are you retarded ?