Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I'm not sure what relevance that holds to the post of mine that you quoted. Someone argued that eating dog is illegal in the majority of the world, it was proven that he was factually incorrect, and you tried to argue that with reasoning that, while relevant to the thread as a whole, meant nothing to the post you replied to. Your post was irrelevant and that's all the post you quoted stated. I'm not sure why you're responding to me with what I quoted above but it has nothing to do with the post you replied to.
    In overall concordance with the thread, saying that eating dogs is legal in most countries, while true, it derail from the difference between the thread; source of this discussion, and the facts. Which is exactly that, it is legal because it is regulated, and killed/slaughtered within laws, and sold with the buyers knowing wth they were buying. Not caught off the street with possibly dangerous poisons. Which imo makes it invalid or irrelevant, if u hold it against the thread.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's too bad we don't have the barf emoticon...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phailox View Post
    In overall concordance with the thread, saying that eating dogs is legal in most countries, while true, it derail from the difference between the thread; source of this discussion, and the facts. Which is exactly that, it is legal because it is regulated, and killed/slaughtered within laws, and sold with the buyers knowing wth they were buying. Not caught off the street with possibly dangerous poisons. Which imo makes it invalid or irrelevant, if u hold it against the thread.

You know that was in response to said OP saying it was illegal in most countries. Maybe you should get on the OP for derailing his own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I'm no bleeding heart. Dogs have been bred (a controlled evolution) to serve a purpose that does not include eating. We altered their evolutionary course to suit companionship, not food.

We literally created them to be friends. That's why it is bad - not some pointless ideological party line.
    Yeah, so? In India (which, for the record, is a lot of people), cows are sacred animals. Here in North America and in Europe, their primary purposes are giving us milk and being delicious. Nobody here is right or wrong. Different cultures view different animals in different fashions. Who are we westerners to tell other people that they don't eat the right stuff?

So long as they at least try to give the animals a humane death and they don't steal people's pets, I have 0 issues with others eating dog even if I probably wouldn't do it myself.

So fault lies with the poster who initially made the claim that eating dogs is illegal which is a post you did not reference or respond to. Said poster made a factually incorrect statement and he was simply corrected. The person you responded to did nothing wrong in correcting what was incorrect and your argument applies to the person who introduced such "irrelevant" information who was not approached once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You seem to be learning well too.

Or it's more likely that threads normally evolve to take on a broader topic within the OP.
    If this is evolving.
    then im 50gigs of wat

It does what literally every other thread does. Someone writes something, often a bigger piece of text. And someone finds the thing they can argue against.
    Then it becomes a flood of shite rolling downhill, until it eventually reaches bottom.
    It aint about talking, learning, since it quickly reaches the point of idealism; me vs u.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dogs have an uncommonly strong attachment to humans, eat a cat, eat a pig, eat whatever the fuck you want. But dogs were bred (globally) to connect with human beings as companions. The disgust comes from the fact that we MADE them love us then we kill them.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. So true. Other things you bring up to eat, dogs you bring up to be part of ur family. I would take a life sentence if someone hurt any of my dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs are people and eating dogs is as wrong as eating people.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is evolving.
    then im 50gigs of wat

It does what literally every other thread does. Someone writes something, often a bigger piece of text. And someone finds the thing they can argue against.
    Then it becomes a flood of shite rolling downhill, until it eventually reaches bottom.
    It aint about talking, learning, since it quickly reaches the point of idealism; me vs u.
    Welcome to MMO-Champ. I see you are new here even though your join date says 2010.

Welcome to the average thread, If this displeases you I suggest you not waste your time here.

You don't understand what tautology is cleary - but beyond that. The dogs that are bred to be food - are food I suppose. That makes me sad, but my sadness isn't important. That is a food source.
    The reason I say it's a tautology is because I can't see much more to your argument than, "we shouldn't eat dogs because that's not what they're for".
    Feeding these animals (regardless of their purpose) under false pretenses to people who don't know what they are eating is still wrong.
    Of course.

If this is evolving.
    then im 50gigs of wat

if you read the thread, you can see the third post, the post made by the OP, states in its entirety:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    They're pets for fuck sake!
    arguing whether such reasoning is why the article linked by OP is 'wrong' is directly relevant to the thread. Your meta discussion now is far more irrelevant to anything in the thread and you have done nothing to respond to and argue

and the OP started the thread with the argument that it was wrong because dogs are pets. Most of the replies, at least earlier in the thread, were challenging that line of reasoning. You can defend the 'right' side for stupid reasons.
    This thread also isn't about asserting what points people should and should not respond to and yet you're doing that as well. As I said before, you can argue the 'right' side for stupid reasons. People were arguing the logic OP used in judging the situation which is relevant to the topic of the thread itself. At the very least, it's far more relevant than your meta commentary on what people should and should not be discussing.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2017-06-20 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You know that was in response to said OP saying it was illegal in most countries. Maybe you should get on the OP for derailing his own thread.
    yar well. shit happens.
    He too is at fault for making this yet another textbook forum shitfest.

7+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure I've eaten dog in Vietnam, it's not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luke turned off his camera for the first time as a puppy died after several "agonising minutes."
    That's fucking barbaric. What's the point of even killing a puppy? You have to be so sick in the fucking head to do that but there's not even a goddamn point. Is there some sort of puppy delicacy? Or do these disgusting, pea-brained mouth-breathers just take whatever they can get? It's very clear when a dog is in distress. How you could deliberately kill one and let it die in such a horrible, drawn-out manner is beyond belief.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2017-06-20 at 12:36 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    yar well. shit happens.
    He too is at fault for making this yet another textbook forum shitfest.

Personally, The only one I really see going off topic is..... You.

Deleted
    if you read the thread, you can see the third post, the post made by the OP, states in its entirety:

arguing whether such reasoning is why the article linked by OP is 'wrong' is directly relevant to the thread. Your meta discussion now is far more irrelevant to anything in the thread and you have done nothing to respond to and argue
    Sure, i guess.
    i just got triggered, since an overall informing thread, ended with a highly based opinionated statement, and people jump at it at the first chance they get. Almost completely forgetting about the rest.
    And at the end of it all, they prob walk away, not changed in opinions (cuz noone ever changes their mind), having forgot the base of it all. Leaving with nothing changed, nothing earned. Just another forum brawl. Just another post in those 15k others.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    They're pets for fuck sake!
    Unless they are food.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    pretty sure I've eaten dog in Vietnam, it's not bad.
    Pretty sure this thread's about them inhumanely killing dogs and puppies and feeding them to tourists who didn't know, not about if they do or do not taste good. But thanks for your input.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, i guess.
    i just got triggered, since an overall informing thread, ended with a highly based opinionated statement, and people jump at it at the first chance they get. Almost completely forgetting about the rest.
    And at the end of it all, they prob walk away, not changed in opinions (cuz noone ever changes their mind), having forgot the base of it all. Leaving with nothing changed, nothing earned. Just another forum brawl. Just another post in those 15k others.

What opinion am I suppose to change? That serving possibly poisoned meat to unsuspecting people is a shitty thing to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Unless they are food.
    You can drink your own piss too but I think I'm above that. I'm not a caveman who beats dogs and puppies to death with metal poles and poisons them just to feed them to people who have no idea what they're eating.