Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spurs are close. Got a good win over the trail blazers, we should beat the Kings, but that Pelicans game is going to be argh.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    As if there was any doubt, the Jazz have officially made it into the playoffs with a win against the Lakers last night. This marks Ricky Rubio's first appearance, and it seems like he cannot be happier: https://twitter.com/c_garrettjones/s...39342406238208

By the way, the Utah Jazz started the season 19-28 and have since gone 28-5. If we win our next 2 games we claim the 3rd seed in the Wild Wild West.
    Congratssssssssss. Top 4 seed is impressive. Wasn't it last season where Jazz traded everyone good?

You should try to go to a playoff game. Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will almost definitely go to a Playoffs game...

...is what I want to say, but with how busy I've been it will be tough. I really really want to though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quirky but interesting article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

Basically, many veterans take easy plays off, like rebounding of a free throw. It's interesting cause I think everyone has noticed that sometimes at the end of games players will really fight for a free throw rebound and it suddenly looks far more intense than when they do it the other 90% of the game. I just didn't realize it was a common thing to just take the play off.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Quirky but interesting article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

Basically, many veterans take easy plays off, like rebounding of a free throw. It's interesting cause I think everyone has noticed that sometimes at the end of games players will really fight for a free throw rebound and it suddenly looks far more intense than when they do it the other 90% of the game. I just didn't realize it was a common thing to just take the play off.
    Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

I will almost definitely go to a Playoffs game...

...is what I want to say, but with how busy I've been it will be tough. I really really want to though.
    Worst fan ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Quirky but interesting article:
    It kinda makes sense. I see it the same as sitting a star player during a blowout game, etc to avoid the mere possibility of injuries. Fighting for a rebound can be risky. Still, I dunno how I feel about the idea of not fighting unless you need to. Feels like games back in the day were a lot more physical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Worst fan ever.
    Psh, pure nonsense. I'm the best Jazz fan 2018

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding Philly and Cleveland seeds, Cleveland owns the tie breaker and have an easy win vs Knicks tomorrow. So Philly has 2 games they have to win to hold that 3 seed, tonight vs ATL and tomorrow vs MIL. I don't think they're gonna win tomorrow off a back to back without Embiid.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if Washington loses tonight vs Boston or tomorrow vs Orlando, they're 8th and Miami is locked into 7th seed or better. Only way Miami holds 6th seed is if they beat Toronto tomorrow and Philly wins their back to back vs Mil which probably won't happen.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It kinda makes sense. I see it the same as sitting a star player during a blowout game, etc to avoid the mere possibility of injuries. Fighting for a rebound can be risky. Still, I dunno how I feel about the idea of not fighting unless you need to. Feels like games back in the day were a lot more physical.

- - - Updated - - -

Psh, pure nonsense. I'm the best Jazz fan 2018
    That's because you have drama queens on the court whining at the refs for being lightly touched by the opposing player. Imagine how much better the NBA would be if defensive contact was actually allowed without every single one being a foul? The pace or play would be better and there'd be far less of teams criticizing the refs because of biased officiating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Also if Washington loses tonight vs Boston or tomorrow vs Orlando, they're 8th and Miami is locked into 7th seed or better. Only way Miami holds 6th seed is if they beat Toronto tomorrow and Philly wins their back to back vs Mil which probably won't happen.
    Boston showed up tonight to play offense, but the defensive effort is atrocious. As the evening went on and Washington kept playing hard the defensive hustle on Celtics side became less and less. Not fighting through blocks, not being timely on close outs, letting Washington's players go if they had a step instead of trying to get back in the play. Probably the least inspired defensive game I;ve seen them play since the all star game. Celtics were definitely just here to not get injured and stay in the flow of things on offense.

Not sure what that means, but I think it means things are getting complicated for the 6-8 spots in the east with the final games tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's because you have drama queens on the court whining at the refs for being lightly touched by the opposing player. Imagine how much better the NBA would be if defensive contact was actually allowed without every single one being a foul?
    I love Harden and what he's done for the Rockets, but honestly he would get destroyed if he played during the MJ era.

Speaking of things getting destroyed, the Jazz just...completely deleted the Warriors tonight. Curry-less Warriors, sure, but they didn't even put up a fight and we blew them out by 40 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spurs have qualified for the 21st year in a row. 1 more year and we tie for 1st with 76ers!

Alright I tentatively set up a spreadsheet for our playoff predictions. Tonight the bracket will be solidified and I'll make a post, I guess.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Next year I'm just going to take 1-2 days and setup a website for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Appreciate all you do, basketball mafia bro

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ this

Philly opening 1st quarter with like 40 points and up 20+ vs Mil. Hot damn.

- - - Updated - - -

someones getting fired - https://twitter.com/MarkyRobs/status/984235710327738368

As a long time Philadelphia fan, well our football year went amazing. Lost a couple of our best players due to injury... and still went ALL THE WAY and won the Super Bowl. Now, in Basketball, we end the season with a very long winning streak and grab a #3 slot, even after losing a very good player to injury.

Not something I would have predicted. At the moment, we are UP BY 36 as the 3rd quarter comes to a close against another playoff team. WOW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    ^ this

Philly opening 1st quarter with like 40 points and up 20+ vs Mil. Hot damn.

- - - Updated - - -

someones getting fired - https://twitter.com/MarkyRobs/status/984235710327738368
    On the one hand, when you are an announcer you need ot be careful with what you say, and know what is ok to say and what isnt ok.

on the other, given that this is fairly rampant in the South and Id say 85% of the time not meant as a racial insult, I'd put it under "needs sensitivity training' rather than fired. TBH, I had no idea it was a race thing until I read that string of tweets >.>

Eh. I don't see that as a big deal. Probably doesn't even need sensitivity training. And you guys know I say the N word ALLLLLLL the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah maybe he'll get a stern talking to or something

This heat raps game has been amazing to watch. I think we have to win this or we play raps because wizards looked like they were coming back but idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh crap it looks like OT.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT between Denver and Minnesota too for the last spot in the West playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lowry about to end up on Shaqtin throwing away shots in the final minutes of the season

- - - Updated - - -

Wizards done they're gonna be the 8th seed. We fighting to play sixers now, although idk how good of an idea that is. Better than playing them in the 2nd round with Embiid returning I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Heat winnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!