View Poll Results: Does it bother you when new areas ban flight?

Voters
558. This poll is closed
  • Yes, loss of flight bothers me.

132 23.66%
  • No, loss of flight doesn't bother me.

304 54.48%
  • I don't really care.

122 21.86%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Does Flight Ban in new areas bother you?

This is just a general poll I wanted to make because some people seem so passionate about flight bans. While I'd rather fly, if given the choice, I don't actually mind being grounded. In new content in particular, loss of flight doesn't bother me because I understand the reasoning behind it.

Does it bother you?

Where is the poll? Also no.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Only expansion they didn't have this was WotLK, in every other (including TBC) they had a no flying zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    Where is the poll? Also no.
    it posts before I make the poll. IDK why or if I'm just doing it wrong lol
    Last edited by whynotchris; 2017-06-30 at 08:11 AM.

Usually i don't care.... but to be honest, they could've designed a zone with flying this time, like they did with Deepholme, Icecrown, Stormpeaks etc.

Who cares about flight when we get FEL REAVERS?!!!!
    And what fun would the fel reavers be if we flew over them?

Deleted
    All their care is how they can stretch playing hours in order to increase profits and look good to shareholders. They dont care what the players want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Doesn't bother me one bit. Its the same as Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle, Isle of Quel'danas, etc. Flying is nice, sure, but I fell in love with WoW before it was a thing and I'd love the game even if it was gone.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Not no flying itself, but mostly claustrophobic design of locations, caused by no flying, cuz it's definitely not, what open-world MMO should be.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Expected and since I moved to PVE realm I do not care.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Not no flying itself, but mostly claustrophobic design of locations, caused by no flying, cuz it's definitely not, what open-world MMO should be.
    foreal we need some breathing space

I have absolutely no problem being grounded.

Sure it's nice to get flying for the continent we're at after a while but it's alright to have some no-flight areas as well, especially when it's somewhere special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    All their care is how they can stretch playing hours in order to increase profits and look good to shareholders. They dont care what the players want.
    Patently false, considering every patch has changes or additions that are requested by players. But hey, gotta keep that hyperbole machine running - amirite?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

In early alpha they experimented with super huge open zones like UO has. Goldshire, for instance, had dozens of buildings and was about the area of all of current sized Elwynn Forest. Then they realized their players wouldn't be happy spending 15 minutes running around town to the one vendor located in each house on the opposite sides of the zone, or compressing the npcs into a smaller area but having a lot of empty houses. So they scaled it down.

At first? Yeah, I was a bit upset (but by no means surprised). But honestly, the teleportation system seems like it'll be fine, and it doesn't look as convoluted as Broken shore was. I think it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Patently false, considering every patch has changes or additions that are requested by players. But hey, gotta keep that hyperbole machine running - amirite?
    Look at his name, then look at the unflattering picture of a dev he uses as his avatar. You can't expect him to say anything good about Blizzard, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the one hand, I prefer being unable to fly.
    On the other hand, Blizzard has a way designing the most annoying geography possible.

So I'll say maybe, depending on how many cliffs there are.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Having flying in older areas and no flying in new ones is perfect and how it should be imo. Enable flying when the content starts to get older as a catch-up mechanic and it's all good.

Though in the way Argus is designed they probably won't be able to have flying in future but it kind of works to make it look like a whole planet and not just an asteroid like some of the other legion "planets" we've been to.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    We are invading a foreign planet, which is swarming with the enemy.
    I think the claustrophobic design is exactly the thing they should be going for.

Deleted
    I also think that no-fly in the new zone is OK, but do agree with some others that it all depends on how Blizzard designs them. Another Broken shore would be the absolute horror with all the freaking cliffs and green goo that you cannot get out if you can't fly.

Blizzard devs seem to have a natural tendency towards sadism when it comes to terrain design, so I can only HOPE that they are more reasonable in a zone that will not be fly-enabled while current.