Any PC for WoW for Max Settings under $800?

I'm not an expect so I decided to ask you guys.

If there's any pc on Amazon or any other website that can play WoW at max settings under $800?

I wonder if there's any around that price?

Thanks!
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post

If there's any pc on Amazon or any other website that can play WoW at max settings under $800?

Thanks!
    Negative ghost rider. Neither of the PCs in my sig will run wow at "max settings". The issue is not hardware but poor WoW optimization. I can keep most settings at max but there are still a few i have to cut down. I maintain about 100+ FPS in many areas but are a ton that still bring me down WAY under 60 because of bad code. In raids i have my setting automatically go to 5 because i dont need all that extra shit when raiding.

Thanks!
    Max settings in any game are there to give the illusion you need to buy new stuff. If you are looking for a prebuilt PC this is a good option:
    https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-...ords=gaming+pc

Maximum settings are an illusion indeed as @Fascinate said.

I recently upgraded from a 1080p 60hz monitor to a 1440p 165hz GSync IPS. And I'm running a GTX 970 with it.

The single biggest increase to please your visuals is the resolution. 1440p with medium settings looks far better than 1080p at high settings.

My WoW settings went from preset 10 to most settings at low/medium(leaving the most noticeable settings at high, such as Shadows and ground clutter) plus turning off all AA and the game still looks better. I run at over 100 FPS on 1440p compared to 80-ish on 1080p at preset 10 and AA.

That being said, no, $800 will not get you a machine that runs Preset 10 at good FPS. You will need an (unlocked preferably)Intel CPU, and that would be a large chunk of your budget. On top of needing a GTX 1060 which is another chunk. You must pay the price for power.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2017-07-01 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Max settings in any game are there to give the illusion you need to buy new stuff. If you are looking for a prebuilt PC this is a good option:
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Searching further I found this one

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7400 3.00GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Kaby Lake)
    HDD: 120GB WD Green SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270-A Pro ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]
    VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)

for $832

What do you guys think about that one for that price?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Searching further I found this one

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7400 3.00GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Kaby Lake)
    HDD: 120GB WD Green SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270-A Pro ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]
    VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)

for $832

What do you guys think about that one for that price?
    One i linked is a much better deal, 1060 6gb is a bit faster than rx 480 but not 123 dollars faster. 120gb ssd's are like 50 bucks as well.

It does have a z270 board tho, so if you wanted to go to a 7700k (or maybe coffee lake?) in the future that is a possibility.

Its not priced as well as the one i linked, but it is an option.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-07-01 at 06:08 PM.

One i linked is a much better deal, 1060 6gb is a bit faster than rx 480 but not 123 dollars faster. 120gb ssd's are like 50 bucks as well.

It does have a z270 board tho, so if you wanted to go to a 7700k (or maybe coffee lake?) in the future that is a possibility.
    Yeah true, the one you linked its a very nice deal.

Thank you very much friend

Max settings in any game are there to give the illusion you need to buy new stuff.
    It is intentional to have "no PC can reach max setting".
    Make people think it has the best graphic.

If your eye cannot tell the difference, what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is intentional to have "no PC can reach max setting".
    Make people think it has the best graphic.

If your eye cannot tell the difference, what is the point?
    Its not only that, but ultra settings are intentionally unoptimized so people can say "look at this, a gtx 1080 cant get 60 FPS in this game, i better buy 1 1080ti". I play most things on medium or high, usually cant tell a difference between that and ultra or epic. Another thing about max settings is vram usage, you can actually play at 1440p on a 2gb graphics card with settings dialed in properly.

Fascinate what do you think about this one for $760?

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Oracl...NMCH415669QV04

Its true that AMD FX-6300 is bad for WoW?

Fascinate what do you think about this one for $760?

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Oracl...NMCH415669QV04

Its true that AMD FX-6300 is bad for WoW?
    Ya fx chips are less than half as good as ryzen for games like WoW, avoid.

Who is buying FX-6300?

It is obsoleted as soon as i5-2400 hit the market.
    That is like 5 years ago.