Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Is it a greater threat than overweight or unmarried people?

Also what's with these ban lengths. I've typically stayed away for like 3 months after I've been banned, on my own accord. Are you telling me bans here are like a week long? Great.
    A far greater threat. Although obesity is also very concerning to me and to health professionals globally. We need to promote unity not division. Trust not fear. Hope not despair.

I had an unfair ban and appealed it. You should be glad seeing as I was voted best poster of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    Partly because, surprise surprise, they do not have a giant ocean between them and the warzones. So they cannot pick and choose.

You should let them in in waves in Canada, in the same way and pace that they have been coming in in europe(no papers, same numbers etc). Oh, and you should also suffer a few terrorist attacks. After all that has happened, see how quickly populism will rise in Canada. I'm not saying I want this to happen, because of course I don't, but you have to be stupid to compare Canada and the EU in this regard.
    this /10chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Canada also has a population smaller than several of our states.
    Just California, but yea - we're 1/12th the size of the US by population.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Canada openess for immigrants is just for show, when it comes to actual people coming in, they are strictly checked and Northern Atlantic doesn't allow human trafficking without proper checks as Meditarrean Sea does (yet). Other countries facing immigration problems don't have such luxury to check everyone who comes to protect from unwanted ones.

It's easy to pretend immigration is great when you have luxury to cherry pick only the best of immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You should be glad seeing as I was voted best poster of 2016.
    Careful Tenn, people might see your true intentions behind these newsworthy "threads"

Deleted
    I had an unfair ban and appealed it. You should be glad seeing as I was voted best poster of 2016.
    You're right. You're one of like, what, six identical copy paste posters, who haven't got a single original thought between them. How could I, or the other people on these forums, ever do without you.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-07-07 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Only Nova Scotia.
    Nova Scotia is lovely...so is much of the rest of Canada.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I heard the secret was to send anyone with talent or common sense to the USA.
    Dude 1 uses racial slur towards white people. (no infraction)
    Dude 2 asks Dude 1 why he is so racist towards white people. (infraction)

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Is it a greater threat than overweight or unmarried people?

Also what's with these ban lengths. I've typically stayed away for like 3 months after I've been banned, on my own accord. Are you telling me bans here are like a week long? Great.

If you're actually curious as to how bans work

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...es_infractions
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If you're actually curious as to how bans work
    Yeah I've had 30 beers. I don't understand fucking numbers. I just have the common decency to stay away for months after I get my red card. Seems to work fine.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Nova Scotia is lovely...so is much of the rest of Canada.
    St. Francis Xavier University and the Gaelic college isn't in the rest of Canada, so I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The number of refuges Canada government is supporting as of January 2017 is 21,876 (Canada's population is nearly 36 million people).

That is pretty low. Not to mention that Canada is taking only Syrian refuges, no economic migrants, as most of Europe is doing. Not to mention that Canada is focusing mainly on Female refuges or families, unlike countries like Sweden that had a majority of military age males.

Since you took the opportunity to mention the US, I noticed that you forgot to take into consideration that US already has about 11 million illegal Mexican immigrants. I believe that even you, a hardcore leftist can acknowledge that there is a finite amount of people that burdens your public system before it crumbles.

So basically, stop the virtual signal and stop pointing fingers at Europeans. You do not have the same situation as they have. If your population started suffering from migrant crimes, had a heavy public cost to keep those people and had loads of terrorist attacks in their neighborhoods and virtually no borders, they would also go for populist right wing politicians, because that is pretty much the only choice that may offer them a different result.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    St. Francis Xavier University and the Gaelic college isn't in the rest of Canada, so I disagree.
    So you've seen one part of a country and decided it's the only part that's nice.

And you wonder why people question your critical thinking skills.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-07-07 at 10:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Neo liberalism maybe but actuall classic liberalism is very pro worker.
    Classical liberalism = modern right-libertarianism. Don't argue definitions to claim classical liberalism is the "actual" liberalism, because that's absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Imagine that, you pick and choose who you want, taking only the best and brightest, and people are ok with it.
    Which is why American immigration to Canada isn't a problem. Picking the best and brightest exempts America.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    The number of refuges Canada government is supporting as of January 2017 is 21,876 (Canada's population is nearly 36 million people).

That is pretty low. Not to mention that Canada is taking only Syrian refuges, no economic migrants, as most of Europe is doing. Not to mention that Canada is focusing mainly on Female refuges or families, unlike countries like Sweden that had a majority of military age males.

Since you took the opportunity to mention the US, I noticed that you forgot to take into consideration that US already has about 11 million illegal Mexican immigrants. I believe that even you, a hardcore leftist can acknowledge that there is a finite amount of people that burdens your public system before it crumbles.

So basically, stop the virtual signal and stop pointing fingers at Europeans. You do not have the same situation as they have. If your population started suffering from migrant crimes, had a heavy public cost to keep those people and had loads of terrorist attacks in their neighborhoods and virtually no borders, they would also go for populist right wing politicians, because that is pretty much the only choice that may offer them a different result.
    Your numbers are outdated mate.
    January 2017. It's July now. The number is way higher than that!

10+ Year Old Account
    What can I say? We already went through the US crash that's happening right now with the Harper's conservatives. We're just 10 years ahead.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I think the bigger reason Canada isn't very populist is that our elites haven't completely screwed up yet. In fact, compared to the rest of the West, they're downright competent. The best example is the financial crisis of 2008. Our financial sector didn't go crazy and do stupid things with housing loans, and thus didn't need to be bailed out by the government/taxpayers.

If the "elites" are doing their job, there's no reason to throw them out.

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    I heard the secret was to send anyone with talent or common sense to the USA.
    Heh, I actually believe something very similar to this. We send people who are overly ambitious and willing to take excessive shortcuts to the USA. Thus the people who remain, particularly in the financial industry, are more conservative and less likely to do unusual things which end up causing a crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post

I'm honestly looking for sources on just how much money is poured into illegal immigrants vs. the money they make back via working here and paying taxes.

Whine and cry about natural citizenship all you want, but if all 11 million of those illegal immigrants were the leeching moochers the right claims they are, states like California wouldn't be leading the country in GDP while also maintaining above average GDP per capita ratio (top 10, actually). Infact, 3/4 of the southern states that border directly with Mexico have seen nothing but their GDP increase more and more despite more and more illegal immigrants supposedly putting stress on the system.

Call me a skeptic, but I think you're pointing to a causation that hasn't been proven by any real world data other than the classical "feeling" science.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-07-07 at 11:05 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Your numbers are outdated mate.
    January 2017. It's July now. The number is way higher than that!
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ion-quota-2017

Canada is projected to take in 300k migrants. 300k.

The U.S. took in close to 500k immigrants from Mexico alone last year, not including ones who avoided detection. That's just Mexico. So don't mind us when you laugh at your shitty, paltry numbers of immigrants Canada takes in. Especially concidering how low your actual numbers compare to just about everyone, oh who also don't cherry pick who enters the county.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!