Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of this suit.

They have successfully sued the KKK for promoting violence I know.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    If a mob goes violent, you can perfectly well sue the main agitators.
    Ever since Trumps campaign, right wing hate crimes on minorities have surged. When is Trump getting locked for inciting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of this suit.

They have successfully sued the KKK for promoting violence I know.
    People have sued the KKK because there's evidence of them and their direct leadership ordering others to commit crimes. It's a bit harder when the leaders of a movement like BLM make a comment like 'we have to stop these pigs!" and some of their members go assault someone since it's not a direct threat, coercion, or command to incite violence.

Hell, some of the same people in this thread on the "sue" train, and more will inevitably show up, were defending Trump's actions at his rallies in that thread a month or so ago and it's largely the same defense and grey area.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-07-08 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You'd need to actually have proof of that. You wanting it to be true isn't enough.
    You've never been so wrong. I don't need any such thing, it's not my lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    You have to have solid evidence that the officials named personally incited the violence through a direct order or comment.
    It wouldn't have to be a direct order, they spread hateful propaganda every opportunity they get.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post

It wouldn't have to be a direct order, they spread hateful propaganda every opportunity they get.
    Except you were in the Trump thread a month ago using the same argument I just made for why he couldn't be sued for the violence at his rallies.

Just because it's BLM involved doesn't suddenly make hypocrisy ok. This case largely doesn't have legs to stand on unless they can prove a threat or command was made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least you're admitting straight out that you're making up bullshit, I guess.

Hope he gets his way. Death to all these ridicolous mobs starting shit and acting like terrorists while hiding behind a "great cause".

This not only spits on the black lives taken away from us every day but also on those who try to fix a problem thats growing.

You'd need to actually have proof of that. You wanting it to be true isn't enough.
    There are some... however the only video evidence I am aware of did not occur at this protest and I admit to being ignorant as to how the courts would decide this but it would have to be based off of what the group was doing that event not prior ones correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If they look like a centralized organization and act like one a judge doesnt have to pretend they aren't.
    even assuming the case, how do you enforce any kind of judgement? Do they even have a financial network established to garnish some kind of civil suit against?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Hope he gets his way. Death to all these ridicolous mobs starting shit and acting like terrorists while hiding behind a "great cause".

This not only spits on the black lives taken away from us every day but also on those who try to fix a problem thats growing.
    So who exactly is being sued?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    If a mob goes violent, you can perfectly well sue the main agitators.
    Which are?

10ch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    There are some... however the only video evidence I am aware of did not occur at this protest and I admit to being ignorant as to how the courts would decide this but it would have to be based off of what the group was doing that event not prior ones correct?
    Right. All behaviour at prior incidents would show is that a pattern of such behaviour is plausible; it would be circumstantial at best. And that's even assuming that such evidence actually amounts to stuff that would be considered incitement; that's a pretty narrow qualification.

7+ Year Old Account

No, that's 100% false. Rulings on the first amendment demand an explicit and specific order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, that's 100% false. Rulings on the first amendment demand an explicit and specific order.
    Yep. If you want to establish "incitement to riot", it needs to be as explicit as "let's burn this mother down" or "let's attack the cops, grab some bricks and rebar". General hostile commentary, no matter how rude or abusive, does not qualify.

Sovereign Citizens are already considered a domestic terror group, I'm guessing BLM is icing on top of the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So when is Alex Jones or that conspiracy sub reddit getting sued for that Pizzagate whack job for running into private business with a gun because he thought there was child sex ring being run by Clinton and the Democrats. Those people have been pushing ever since the email hacks and that someone should do something. According to this lawsuit Alex Jones and that sub reddit are just as guilty as these BLM leaders. Unless you have evidence that those people told that person directly to kill/harm police or told the protestors to kill/harm police then this whole lawsuit is a bunch of bullshit.
    Yes, I agree. Alex Jones should be held responsible, and those leading that subreddit as well.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I thought sovereign citizens were just dumbasses that thought they were above the law rather than "domestic terrorists."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I thought sovereign citizens were just dumbasses that thought they were above the law rather than "domestic terrorists."
    That whole "above the law" typically translates into trying to kill law enforcement officers doing their jobs. Hence "domestic terrorists".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Which are?
    Whoever encourages the others to take illegal action.

That said, as a foreigner I do not know who exactly are the leading figures of BLM, but if they are indeed inciting hate and violence, they should face the consequences.

That whole "above the law" typically translates into trying to kill law enforcement officers doing their jobs. Hence "domestic terrorists".
    Wow really? Apparently things have escalated since last I heard of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Well if the left is going to accuse people of inciting violence with their speech even if the speaker doesn't specifically say go do violent things to people, then these are the doors you open up. Good on this police officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Ever since Trumps campaign, right wing hate crimes on minorities have surged. When is Trump getting locked for inciting it?
    Dont you mean ever since Trumps campaign, left wing hate crimes on whites have surged? When are liberal media outlets going to get locked up for inciting it with their FAKE NEWS!?
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2017-07-08 at 08:29 PM.