Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What an absurd reaction to a video game.
    LOL! An absurd reaction? I bought Destiny and it's expansion pass when it first came out. Super duper hyped for Bungie's next big game because I loved Halo so much. You know what loyal players got? A big middle finger. Microtransactions were put into the game a while after launch. Even after Bungie said they wouldn't be putting Microtransactions into the game before it released. They released their first big expansion and they tacked on stuff to the physical edition to the game. What do people who bought the game get for already having it? Oh, right. Nothing. Luke Smith told them to just buy the game again for full price. Amazing. Their 10 year plan was supposed to be a big thing. Now before Destiny 2 is out they're coming out and saying "uhh what 10 year plan?"

I reserve and have every right to be upset at this game. They haven't released the stats for the Destiny 2 beta yet. But they've always released stats for every beta they've done since Halo 3. That tells me something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    LOL! An absurd reaction? I bought Destiny and it's expansion pass when it first came out. Super duper hyped for Bungie's next big game because I loved Halo so much. You know what loyal players got? A big middle finger. Microtransactions were put into the game a while after launch. Even after Bungie said they wouldn't be putting Microtransactions into the game before it released. They released their first big expansion and they tacked on stuff to the physical edition to the game. What do people who bought the game get for already having it? Oh, right. Nothing. Luke Smith told them to just buy the game again for full price. Amazing. Their 10 year plan was supposed to be a big thing. Now before Destiny 2 is out they're coming out and saying "uhh what 10 year plan?"

I reserve and have every right to be upset at this game. They haven't released the stats for the Destiny 2 beta yet. But they've always released stats for every beta they've done since Halo 3. That tells me something.
    Maybe they will after the PC one?

Will admit Silver being in Destiny 1 was kind of crappy. Especially since if I recall Silver could get you legendary items?

Sure, I also played it, got it on launch and enjoyed it. You got over hyped and that let you down, sorry I guess? ]

Microtransactions were 100% cosmetic.

As for the "buy the game for full price" that's not uncommon in video games, it's very similar to a special edition or game of the year edition version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Maybe they will after the PC one?

Will admit Silver being in Destiny 1 was kind of crappy. Especially since if I recall Silver could get you legendary items?
    Nope just emotes and mounts and similar emotes.

Sure, I also played it, got it on launch and enjoyed it. You got over hyped and that let you down, sorry I guess? ]

As for the "buy the game for full price" that's not uncommon in video games, it's very similar to a special edition or game of the year edition version.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. Only just started playing 1 again on PS4. Eh for cosmetics I'm fine with it. If they do stuff that is P2W then just no basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasnt ANTHEM the best pc game of 2017 E3 ?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#2533f30270b4

Now we arrive at the unnamed April update, and Bungie is now selling full-on armor sets. They have two different five piece sets in “Sterling Treasure” boxes, Desolate, the Taken-skinned set, and Spektar, the chroma-themed set. Both are some of the best looking armors the game has ever produced. Get a box, get a guaranteed piece of armor, with maybe a bonus prize like a ship or a Sparrow or a boost.

There are two qualifiers that are supposed to make this “okay.” The first is the idea that these armor pieces are cosmetic, since they arrive at 3 light, making them useless out of the box in battle. The second is that these treasure boxes can also be earned in the game itself, therefore there is a “free” path to all these items.

But there’s also a not-free path, and that seems like a line that the game has crossed for the first time.

To dismiss the first argument, no, these are not cosmetic pieces of gear. After spending $10 on five treasure boxes, and combining those with the three free ones I got for showing up, I had a full set of Spektar armor for my Warlock, with chroma to match. A few minutes later, this entire armor set went from light level 15, to light level 300+, thanks to some old items I had lying around. It instantly became endgame gear with almost no effort on my part. And with the new drop rates, you might have to wait an hour or two at the most to get it over 300 light, thanks to the new insta-infusion system.

So no, this armor that I am now wearing to play all the new content is not, in fact, cosmetic. This is real gear with actual, useful talents that is able to be infused to max level. Saying it’s a vanity item is like selling someone a “perfectly safe” unloaded gun, when you can see them holding a box of bullets in their hand.

This is dancing on the edge of something really bad for Destiny as a whole. The gear hunt is the fundamental reason that people play this game, and now, this is an update that added two of the best armor sets the game has ever seen, but instead of having players complete actual content to earn them, they can bought outright.

The fact that these items can be found for free is not the point. This is not the type of game where it’s healthy to start selling shortcuts, and now the math is working very, very hard against players here.

This is the situation now. Unless I’m missing some major source of Sterling Treasure boxes, players can get them three times a week, through the Crucible, through the Prison of Elders and through the postmaster. Unlike some past rewards, this is per account, not per character.

To get two, five items armor sets for each class, assuming a perfect drop rate that gives you exactly the item you need with no duplicates (it’s skewed to give you things you don’t have, but it’s not perfect), that means you’ll need at least 30 Sterling boxes, so about ten weeks of play if you’re only getting boxes from those sources.

This is actually fine. I have no problem with this timeline, given that this content is meant to tide us over to the upcoming fall DLC. It’s something to work toward (though I also wish these items dropped randomly in a myraid of activities).

And yet, now a situation exists where you can simply buy five treasure chests for $10, almost two weeks’ worth of “free” chests, and possibly get an entire armor set right off the bat, like I did. You are paying to skip “waiting” in a way that has not been possible in the game before. Previously, to get that cool looking Taken/Fallen/Hive/Trials/IB set, you play the content, you get the drops, you earn it. Now, with the equally badass looking and perfectly functional Desolate and Spektar sets, there is another road. A much, much easier road that requires you to literally do nothing except own items you can infuse into the gear.
    You are using silver to pay for shortcuts. Stop defending shit practices in video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    ppl really think D2 is a game ? more like a 60 usd DLC

I'm guessing the overall numbers for destiny 2 are going to be far, far greater than for the first, simply because they put it on the platform where fps belong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Ok if that article is the correct explanation of Silver then I retract my earlier statement and say that is dirty as fuck.

Cosmetic purchases I'm fine with but what that article says is not cosmetic.

Never really understood what Silver was in Destiny 1 other than a purchasable currency which I never bought.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god people compain about anything.

Just create an icon of WoW on your desktop?

10+ Year Old Account
    oh noes theres an icon on my launcher that i look at for 5sec max

geez you'll survive it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I honestly wish we were able to remove it from the list.
    I would happily remove games from the list on the left. An option to turn off the videos and alternating clips and screens would be nice too. I like leaving bnet open so I can keep chat windows open that dont erase if I switch toons or reload ui.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    I guess I am just getting old... I do not see all the hoopla about this. I just use the app to launch whatever game I feel like playing at the moment.
    Some people really like the launcher I guess? More things I have access to in one area the better, not a fan of steam, but it's convenient (most games on there are cracked and their marketplace has some of the most convoluted rules ever, I have had a steam account since steam was a little babby, have over 100 games, but can't make marketplace purchases cause i have bought a game in a year?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Oh its definately a smart move by Activision.

I liked how Blizzard had its own place for its own products however. It felt special to me.

Its like all blizzards games fit together in this cartoony graphics style. And then comes this(excuse me i dont know Destiny very well) serious looking shooter. It just doesnt fit in to me
    Thing is it's not just a good move for Actvision, since Activision isn't it's own traded company, it's a good move for Activision Blizzard. Doesn't matter if you purchase a game that says Activision on the front or Blizzard Entertainment, money's going to the same place (which is kind of funny to people who despise Activision... by buying Blizzard you're also supporting and keeping Activision alive lol)

Deleted
    me too! /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Same. Won't buy, won't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Those icons are probably like 1MB each. Probably less. Calling it clutter is stretching it.
    Sorry, I was referring to visual clutter, not in regards to memory. They're just additional icons where I'd rather be empty space as I have no interest in those titles (well, I'll be playing Destiny 2, but on my Xbox where my friends are also going to be playing it).

What I don't understand is why people are adverse to the idea of options. Just because some of us would use a "Hide title" option doesn't mean everyone has to use it.

Will just be nice to buy with gold

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Sorry, I was referring to visual clutter, not in regards to memory. They're just additional icons where I'd rather be empty space as I have no interest in those titles (well, I'll be playing Destiny 2, but on my Xbox where my friends are also going to be playing it).

What I don't understand is why people are adverse to the idea of options. Just because some of us would use a "Hide title" option doesn't mean everyone has to use it.
    Oh I'm not adverse. God no. I just meant it's probably low priority for them.

Thought you meant HDD/Memory my bad haha.

Deleted
    Don't really care it's on battle.net, just want it off top spot on quick launch

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to eliminate the app entirely. I only play WoW and only want to launch WoW, so the app is a waste of time and resources to me.