Poll: Best one is? (Woops, forgot Cata)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria was magical to me not only because it was beautiful, but because it was all brand new. It was new lore never seen or talked about in previous games. It all felt like a big grand adventure to explore it.

Vanilla Azeroth by a mile. Then Northrend, Outland, Pandaria, Cata Zones, Draenor, and way in last the Broken Isles.

Northrend without a doubt, between howling fjord, grizzly hills and scholozar basin it wins, then you throw in the epic height of storm peaks and the amazing size of creatures in Icecrown that you can fly over, its an amazing continent. Pandaria is nice looking but that mediocre questing experience which included constant fortune cookie philosophy ruined it for me. Vanilla would be second for the sheer size of 2 continents with more than i could explore within the year i had to play it...before Blizzard ruined part of it with HURR DURR Cataclysm.

Northrend then Pandaria for me, too. The Broken Isles are pretty, sure, but way too claustrophobic. They have very little sense of scale and space.

Zone Like Jade forest and Vale of eternal blossom
    Or Howling fjord and grizzly hills

Not this condensed shit we have in Legion

Pandaria without a doubt. Wide open beautiful zones that were easy to traverse with perfect mob density, pretty much the polar opposite of what we got in Legion and to some degree WOD.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Vashj'ir will always be my favorite zone. - Being in the ocean with a huge sprawling naga population was amazing and I have never felt so immersed in a single zone.
    I see what you did there But Vash'jir was the only beautiful zone in Cata imo. As a continent, I'd say that pre-Cata Kalimdor and Outland have the best zones, with only one or two hiccups (Bloodmyst, Terokkar).

Quote Originally Posted by CrafterM View Post
    Pandaria was nice. It had large zones with no annoying obstacles in them. The contined also felt more natural, because the progression of the zones was clear as it went from low terrain to high mountains.
    Pandaria is an amazing place. But Northrend is much nore amazing place to me... I love Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord, Crystalsong Woods, Sholazar Basin and most certainly Icecrown. Dragonflight was good too but not as good as the rest.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Draenor is beautiful. I love Frostfire with passion, loved to mount and run throught the empty cold fields there, hearing that awesome music.

After it, I'd say Pandaria, then Northrend.

Broken Isles are nice, but something about them does not appease me. Val'sharah and Suramar are nice, but I don't like hanging anywhere in Broken Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO:

Pandaria > Broken Isles > Northrend > EK = Kalimdor > Draenor > Outland = Cata zones (though vashjir is gorgeous, one of the best zones visually.)
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Let me see...
    Draenor was pretty great. I loved Frostfire, the Spires and Tanaan, and Gorgrond looked nice too.
    Northrend had Icecrown, Grizzly Hills, the Howling Fjord and Sholazar Basin.
    Pandaria looked nice, but none of the zones really stood out to me.
    The same for BC, except it didn't look nice :v
    Cataclysm had Uldum.
    Vanilla zones were not very impressive, though many have good ambience.
    And Legion has Highmountain and Stormheim, plus some parts of Argus.

I think I'll give it to Draenor. Lots of variety with more recent graphics.

About Legion having too much fel stuff... I don't think so. It barely had the Burning Legion in it before 7.2, except for the pre-patch. They were a minor enemy in Azsuna and Highmountain, almost didn't show up in Val'sharah and, in the only leveling zone they were actually behind our main enemy, the vrykul stole their spotlight. Even in Suramar, it was more about fighting elves than the Legion. It seriously seemed the expansion was about the Emerald Nightmare and arcane-addicted elves until we reached the demon bosses in the Suramar raid.

outland
    really liked the whole atmosphere, was diverse, and mushroom forest was awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria was absolutely stunning but Northrend is more my flavor. Draenor was also beautiful with every zone having lots of character imo. Overall though I'd give it to Pandaria because visually I think its the most impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think you can't beat vanilla in a sense that since expansions are coming out we are restricted to 5-7 zones. I liked the idea of having 30-40 (or something like that) zones and two continents.

Nagrand
    /slash-ten

I loved the sky boxes in The Burning Crusade, although the zones themselves never really did it for me. Netherstorm and Hellfire Peninsula were a nice change. Northrend zones were so awesome, though.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Pandaria, some zones in Northrend and some in Cata such as Uldum
    I hated leveling in Pandaria, but I loved the continent.

This is a tough one for me.Im fond of Northrend, Draenor and Pandaria. Amazing zones in all places. Say what you will about WOD but Draenor was an awesome place.

Didn't play much in MoP but one thing they got right, landscape.

But really, who does not like Hellfire Peninsula, best zone of all!!

In all seriousness, people bashing Argus and Broken Chore, but what does people expect? Waterfall and coconut trees? Even saying Broken Isle in general. Lots of visually nice zones, and maybe the most impressive zone, Suramar. (The still managed to do WoD landscape decent even tho 90% of the art-budget went to make Suramar awesome, impressive)