Patch 4.1 catch up gear?

I am about to hit level 70.

Does Patch 4.1 have catch up gear?

I remember that we have PvP and Hunting Mark catch up gear in ARR.

The new dungeon may have gear to help close the gap, dunno about crafting or if they'll raise the cap on Creation Tomestones. Of course the new Alliance Raid will help catch people up, not sure how good your gear will need to be to enter, but I imagine Verity-level gear will help. I wouldn't look for gear from PvP having actual stats anymore for at least another patch or two, if ever, as currently it's only cosmetic gear. Also not sure when Verity Tomestones will be retired and its gear downgraded to Clan Mark purchases. Perhaps in 4.2, but it may take until 4.4. I expect Lore and Scrip Tomestones will vanish when 4.2's Tomestones are added.

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to get gear these days is to focus a main with creation and funnel it there and gear out alts with crafted if you're rich enough, or verity if you're poor.

The only thing that really changes in 4.1 is the new dungeon, but I don't think the ilvl is increasing, and the 24 man Alliance raid which will likely have 330 or 340 gear on a once per week basis as well as a guaranteed drop from the final boss once per week that will allow you to exchange for a coat/twine of some sort that will allow you to upgrade creation gear from 330 to 340.

Also there's normal delta-scape which you could probably for alts too. But I generally prefer crafted gear over it. So yeah, crafted/verity+deltanorm for alts, creation/alliance raid for mains.
    Unless you're one of those filthy savage raiders, of course. That changes -everything-.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-10-06 at 05:00 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

PvP gear will likely no longer be any sort of way to catch up. Stats in PvP are not based on level or gear, so the new gear is usable by all levels and has no stats.

Going off of what we know about past patches:

The 24 man dungeon will offer one piece of gear per week if it's like previous tiers, and will likely be i330, on par with creation, with a weekly item exchangeable for the upgrade items for creation accessories and armor, bringing them up to i340.

They will probably also remove the weekly cap for Deltascape normal loot, which will net you a full set of i320 gear minus the weapon.

You will also have the opportunity to try your hands at the new Extreme Primal fight, which will be Shinryu for - what I assume - will be i335 weapons.

Without raiding, assuming you just got to 70, you easily have the time to gear your main job: a i330 weapon (i335 if you do the trial, which should be far easier than Savage), 340 armor and accessories minus 1 ring, which will be i330 - either the normal Lost Allagan or the 24 person raid. That will place you only a few ilevels off a savage raider.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2017-10-06 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for bringing up an older post - I had a question regarding a similar thang.

How much time/effort is required to catch up in AP for PvP specifically?
    Is it fast enough to be on equalish footing with most people in say 1-2 weeks? Or will it be impossible to catch up with people who've already taken a massive lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Sorry for bringing up an older post - I had a question regarding a similar thang.

How much time/effort is required to catch up in AP for PvP specifically?
    Is it fast enough to be on equalish footing with most people in say 1-2 weeks? Or will it be impossible to catch up with people who've already taken a massive lead?
    I do believe you've posted this in the wrong thread. This is for Final Fantasy 14, not WoW.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I am about to hit level 70.

Does Patch 4.1 have catch up gear?

I remember that we have PvP and Hunting Mark catch up gear in ARR.
    The "catchup gear" would be from the new 24 man raid.

- Rabanastre (the 24 man raid): One ilvl 330 item per week and the coin (also 1 per week) to upgrade a creation piece from 330 to 340.
    - Omega normal drops are no longer one per week, so you could spam run Omega normal for 320 gear. The crystaloid from O4N is still one per week, though.
    - Skalla (new dungeon) drops are ilvl 315

Those are the new things of note in terms of gear acquisition; you still have creation gear (ilvl 330, 450 tomes per week still), and for getting your foot in the door, verity gear (ilvl 310), which you can obtain fairly quickly since verity is not capped.

If you're about to ding 70 on your first job, work on the verity gear, unless you're loaded with gil or have a friend that could hook you up with crafted gear (ilvl 320).