Poll: How much meat and/or cheese do you consume?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How much meat and/or cheese do you consume?

How much meat and/or cheese do you consume in a week.

A co worker of mine is talking me into going vegan and I’m considering it because he asked that question and I realized it’s more than I realized.

How about you?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Head cheese.

So much to the point that i look forward to anything non meat related, but i wouldnt consider going vegan over it, just a slight change in diet that id inevitably go back on anyways.

Meat itself isn't bad, it's all that processed meat that kills you (figuratively and sometimes literally). As to the question, I really only eat two meals a day with some snacking so probably at least 7 times a week for meat and less for cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Meat itself isn't bad, it's all that processed meat that kills you (figuratively and sometimes literally). As to the question, I really only eat two meals a day with some snacking so probably at least 7 times a week for meat and less for cheese.
    Yeah this co worker I’ve known years and he makes great points. The processed meats seem unavoidable. It’s a blind spot I didn’t know I had.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of times

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, we don't get so much cheese here, but I down one or two 200 ml servings of yogurt per day to make up for it.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah this co worker I’ve known years and he makes great points. The processed meats seem unavoidable. It’s a blind spot I didn’t know I had.
    I think most places (towns, states, whatever) have free range farms or markets where you can get such meat for slightly more than the processed kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I eat meat every single day.

Cheese a few times a week.

alot thats all i can say!

When we use the term "processed" what exactly are we talking about? I hear a lot of people throw that term around but very few actually understand what it means or even have a personal definition other than "bad."
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Every day because I'm doing the keto diet

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much every day. Meat, cheese, sugars for right now energy, carbs(breads and such) for longer term energy, and the occasional salad day for roughage so I can poop without feeling like there's a kidney attached to it. and of course interspersed beans and corn and raw carrots(cannot stand cooked carrots. hate mushy food with a passion.)

EDIT: also multivitamin smoothie once or twice a week. I always feel better afterwards, better than the raw amount of sugar would suggest so I assume that's biofeedback saying it's good for me.
    Last edited by kasuke06; 2017-10-12 at 03:34 AM.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Meat and cheese are much healthier than a carb-filled vegan diet.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't eat meat very often and I have a cheese allergy so I consume that rarely (only allergic to some cheeses, makes this expensive.)
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

7+ Year Old Account
    Both pretty much 2-3 times/day.

7+ Year Old Account
    With regards to meat:
    Really depends on the time of year. From early spring till early winter, I consume little to no meat. Once the weather gets cold enough, which in my area some winters it never gets cold enough, I will start to crave meat.

With regards to cheese:
    Sometimes a little bit every day. Sometimes I'll go weeks without any.

I eat meat at least once a day, most likely for dinner. I'm not much of a cheese person, so maybe a couple times a week for that. Everything boils down to the amount and the quality. Meat isn't bad per se, but be cognizant of the amount and the frequency. Find an ice balance of red meats, fish, veggies, and fiber. it's the processed crap that gets you. Everything in moderation is my motto.

10+ Year Old Account
    100-150g of chicken (not fried) every day, ~200g red meat (usually in form of a steak) per two-or-so weeks, about 100g of cheese per week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I hit more than twice a week for both, but the majority of the "meat" I eat is seafood, salmon, scallops and shrimp. Plus a fair bit of mozzarella and provolone.