Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Can you get the legendary Class Tokens tomorrow (or today for NA)?

Cuz it doesnt say so in the patch notes

Isn't that coming with the raid patch?

Yes you can.

Somebody in my guild did get one for DH on his rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Yes you can.

Somebody in my guild did get one for DH on his rogue.
    Are you telling me that not only is the legendary you get random for the class but the actual class itself is random as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post
    Are you telling me that not only is the legendary you get random for the class but the actual class itself is random as well?
    It is.. even if you don't have that class.

Yup, I got random Shaman legendary and don't even have one on the server nor above level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It is.. even if you don't have that class.

PAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ion did it again.

It's so idiotic that they implemented this way.

First of all, all legendary drops should have been a token. So that your current loot spec didn't mess up a spec for a legendary you were aiming for. Then once you had them all, this item could become BoA so you could send it to any class you could please.

Why is this so hard for blizzard to implement correctly?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    It's so idiotic that they implemented this way.

First of all, all legendary drops should have been a token. So that your current loot spec didn't mess up a spec for a legendary you were aiming for. Then once you had them all, this item could become BoA so you could send it to any class you could please.

Why is this so hard for blizzard to implement correctly?
    "Correctly." - Meaning the way you want it done. Perhaps they don't want it to be as easy as all that. I mean I don't disagree with you, it should just be an any class item that you send to whatever alt you want. But just because we like that idea doesn't mean it's the "right" way.

Deleted
    I got 3 already from my stocked up emissaries, one for Priest, one for Shaman and one for Rogue. I don't have any alts of these classes and don't plan to make any... soo ehh, I guess these kinds of tokens will be what I stock up on in my bank now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god.. I need this.. Now watch me... NOT getting them.. doesn't matter the class, have them all!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    So uh, you need to have all your classes' legendaries collected in order for these to drop? What kind of a goober do you have to be in order to have them all? I've got a grand total of 5 since september in one class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    So uh, you need to have all your classes' legendaries collected in order for these to drop? What kind of a goober do you have to be in order to have them all? I've got a grand total of 5 since september in one class.
    I've gotten 5 in the last 3 weeks on my druid. Granted, it's the first 5, but still.

Yes, the funny part is.. the people who have all the legendaries are probably in majority the people who don't play alts.

So these tokens might be useless to them.

I do play a lot and I'm still missing one for my main spec, so the 3 other specs of druids pretty sure this won't happen before the end of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    "Correctly." - Meaning the way you want it done. Perhaps they don't want it to be as easy as all that. I mean I don't disagree with you, it should just be an any class item that you send to whatever alt you want. But just because we like that idea doesn't mean it's the "right" way.
    It has nothing to be about "how I want it" rather how a system will actually be beneficial to the community, and not hinder it. What is the point of the system? How is this useful? Unless Blizzard's goal of this token system is to force you into a path of creating alts that you may not have otherwise had a desire to do, random tokens do not make much sense.

And my other suggestion was a quality of life change, which makes plenty of sense. I've gotten a legendary for a spec I didn't desire before because I was the wrong loot spec when it dropped. That should not happen. I should not have to gamble on bosses changing loot spec aiming for gear I need versus a legendary I could get.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I finished all of my main spec around 5 months ago. Collecting the ones for off specc since then and got most of them now. And since I play a demon hunter I only have 2 speccs.
    Granted, I was grinding a lot for the main specc ones (because the important one was the last one I got) but after that I stopped completely doing any content outside of Mythic Raids and one M10/M15 per week.
    If I had simply continued to just do LFR in addition to that I would very likely be finished by now.

Obv having ALL for 3 or even 4 is a little bit crazy, but on the other hand having 5 since september it very, very low. It just shows that you are probably not doing any content that actually rewards them, because it is very possible to get 3 in a month now without actually trying too hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    PAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ion did it again.
    Hang on, I have a paladin, hunter, deathknight and a shaman on alliance, and as my main (paladin) needs two more, once I have them, its blind luck that when I get one after, I might not even get one that even benefits me on ANY OF MY CHARACTERS?

If that is true, that has to be the icing on the cake for RNG fans. That is stupid beyond belief. How hard is it to make sure you get targeted for your alts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Hang on, I have a paladin, hunter, deathknight and a shaman on alliance, and as my main (paladin) needs two more, once I have them, its blind luck that when I get one after, I might not even get one that even benefits me on ANY OF MY CHARACTERS?

If that is true, that has to be the icing on the cake for RNG fans. That is stupid beyond belief. How hard is it to make sure you get targeted for your alts?
    Now I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Blizzard is trolling us.

Game companies themselves, these days, make it really hard to want to continue to play games. Jesus, man... what the fuck is going on their brainstorming sessions to think this is good? Do people who even PLAY the game make these decisions? Holy shit.

This is clearly deliberate as it would have been easier to drop generic tokens with "Use: Creates a legendary for your class and current loot spec". If you want to gear up a specific alt, they want you to play that alt.

These legendary tokens exist so your main doesn't feel actively bad to play versus alts because you already have every eligible legendary and are wasting drop chances.