Poll: Who started the Battle for Azeroth?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I don't see what would have changed if the Horde stayed there for 30 more seconds before they got completely wiped out.

The Horde clearly signified that they were leaving; stop moving goalposts.
    I'm not moving anything. The only goalpost in this story was keeping the Alliance covered while they barge in.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2017-11-07 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'm not moving anything. The only goalpost in this story was keeping the Alliance cover while they barge in.
    Oh yeah, the story that was clearly fabricated by the demons in the first place?

what

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the Horde were surrounded from all sides by Legion portals and spaceships, and it certainly would have took more than the ~1-2 minutes that Varian lived, I don't see how that is reasonable.
    Okay...

Ignoring all the possible ways to get a message to your allies without interrupting your tactical retreat, why did they not send an emissary after the fact to explain what happened or call for a meeting?

Clearly the Horde were not interested in maintaining any sort of friendship with the Alliance.

We don't know some key info I suspect. I'd say it's way more likely that Sylvanas would lead the Horde to attack Teldrassil first than for peace-loving Anduin to sudden decide to mobilize his whole army and go after Undercity first. There are definitely more instances in our timeline where the Horde have attacked without provocation than vice versa.

Oh yeah, the story that was clearly fabricated by the demons in the first place?

what
    The attack plan was not.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Okay...

Ignoring all the possible ways to get a message to your allies without interrupting your tactical retreat, why did they not send an emissary after the fact to explain what happened or call for a meeting?

Clearly the Horde were not interested in maintaining any sort of friendship with the Alliance.
    Because Blizzard has shitty writers that can't write any conflict that doesn't exist because of miscommunication?
    Literally any kind of conflict in any Blizzard-related story is because of "gee, i don't like what they did but won't talk with them about it!"

I mean, even BfA seems to be heading that way.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2017-11-07 at 08:32 AM.

Oh please, why is this even up for debate? It's Blizzard, the horde always attack first, they're the aggressors just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Did they offer any assistance so both could retreat safely? No they snuck off like a bunch of cowards and left the Alliance to die
    They were outnumbered and down for the count, how would they have retreated mutually? The horde jumping down the cliff to break their legs or the alliance all suddenly go lore hero and learn to jump up one? This is actually one of the few cases were blizzard really did make a scenario where the setting does justify the choices that were made but then does the usual idiot plot to create controversy from it. That you guys fall for that is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The attack plan was not.
    How do you know? I would assume that Detheroc also influenced how they were positioned (I mean, would explain that retarded positioning)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard has shitty writers that can't write any conflict that doesn't exist because of miscommunication?
    Well, that is another debate entirely, but with all of the information that we do have the fact is this was handled poorly by the Horde (and, yes, the Alliance). Be that because of poor writing or not is irrelevant.

It's just hypocritical to say Genn and Varian did something stupid when the Horde did something equally as stupid.

Deleted
    Alliance. There is a certain dog that has gone rabid.

Or Nomi burns tree then blames it on horde.

How do you know? I would assume that Detheroc also influenced how they were positioned (I mean, would explain that retarded positioning)
    That is quite likely but does not change the fact that Varian had every reason to expect his arse covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    that right there is the right answer!

Except, with proper context, it's not!

See, when Legion was first designed, the leveling was supposed to go in a specific order, Aszuna was first. In Aszuna, an Alliance quest finds intel strongly suggesting Sylvanas is up to no good in Stormheim, "stealing powe for herselfr" and whatnot, which is why Greymane goes after her. Yes, we shot first, but she WAS up to no good. Attmepting to enslave the Valkyr is inexcusably fucked up, no matter how noble her end goal (life extension for her and the forsaken) was...

You can blame Blizzard for messing up the cohesion of story with their "go to whatever zone you want first" crap and failing to add proper context when going to Stormheim first without having completed the quest in Aszuna.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-07 at 08:40 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You might be onto something there..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Alliance. There is a certain dog that has gone rabid.

uh-hu, "rabid", right... If someone invaded your city entirely unprovoked and killed your kid in front of you, you'd be pretty pissed off too.

Besides, all of the information we have right now (this and this) says Horde hit first.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

You're leaving out some options, like someone else attacked first and framed Horde and Alliance.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

If somebody actually read the excerpt from the newest novel,in the very beginning of the book,it's Sylvanas who states the Nathanos,that despite the fact,that the war just ended,they have to prepare for the war for her ultimate goal ....the Stormwind.I think,it's quite clear who is the one,who drew the first blood.

Do we actually know the Horde is responsible?

Knowing Blizzard I'd assume in the absence of evidence otherwise that this is going to be another misunderstanding so neither faction has to feel like the bad guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    uh-hu, "rabid", right... If someone invaded your city entirely unprovoked and killed your kid in front of you, you'd be pretty pissed off too.
    Disease needs to be cured. If it can't be cured, diseased creatures must be culled.

Already confirmed that Sylvanas torches Teldrassil and the Undercity is a retaliation. Why she does it? Not revealed, most likely to do with her insanity and failing grip on reality.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis