Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    In this entire thing they never show us what he said? What's the fucking point then?
    I am sure you could google it if you're really interested

This guy couldn't look like more of a smug fuckface if he made it his entire life's goal. Maybe he's moved onto more socially sanctioned forms of being an asshole, but you can safely assume that he's still a total asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But that's extra effort and the chances of ending up on a shitty site full of fucking ads repulses me. Cuz all social media blogging news sites are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

This guy couldn't look like more of a smug fuckface if he made it his entire life's goal. Maybe he's moved onto more socially sanctioned forms of being an asshole, but you can safely assume that he's still a total asshole.
    I lol'ed

10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    But that's extra effort and the chances of ending up on a shitty site full of fucking ads repulses me. Cuz all social media blogging news sites are like that.
    You could just Twitter his name

I'm sure you could provide proper context to allow for more informed discussion in the topic you started.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I don't know what he actually believes. But there is something to be said for rehabilitation, or just growing out of being stupid. Change can happen if the person is willing to change, etc.

As a society we should judge people on what they are doing now (if no actual laws were broken in the past that were not resolved,etc).

Is he still doing this? Does he still believe this? A lot of people can change for the better if they are given a chance.

We should not have a liberal version of the Scarlet Letter. It is the one thing that Hillary was guilty of... calling people irredeemable.
    Editor of the Gay Times is a big responsibility, allowing somebody who published bigotry on Twitter no matter if 10 weeks or 10 years is something they can't ignore. Actions have consequences even on social media

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I'm sure you could provide proper context to allow for more informed discussion in the topic you started.
    I provided the BBC article so take your issue with them

Editor of the Gay Times is a big responsibility
    Not really though.

Deleted

He looks like a jumped up narcissistic queen with a superiority complex

- - - Updated - - -

Not really though.
    Editor of anything is a responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what he actually believes. But there is something to be said for rehabilitation, or just growing out of being stupid. Change can happen if the person is willing to change, etc.
    No, it can't the numbers aren't in your favor.

As a society we should judge people on what they are doing now (if no actual laws were broken in the past that were not resolved,etc).
    That is what being a teenager is for, when you become an adult you need to fucking grow up as in face the consequences for your actions.

Is he still doing this? Does he still believe this? A lot of people can change for the better if they are given a chance.
    It doesn't matter if he sorry, that is nice if it's true, and just because he is sorry doesn't mean he doesn't have to pay for it.

We should not have a liberal version of the Scarlet Letter. It is the one thing that Hillary was guilty of... calling people irredeemable.
    She was 100% correct
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It's a shame that the internet makes it impossible to start over.

His tweets are actually pretty funny.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    It's a shame that the internet makes it impossible to start over.
    Nah, no need to start over, you open you big fat stupid mouth to the world and make an ass out of yourself as an adult, you can burn and take the fire to whatever end. Do it to yourself no sympathy none, narcissism and cruel bullshit like this needs to feel the pain they cause.

Not going to bash the man as he might've actually had some demons back in the day (although the whole "I don't remember" excuse reeks of BS), but if you're going to work for a place like the Gay Times, you might want to make sure all those tweets are deleted before even applying for the job.

As a matter of fact, you should make sure to hide/delete as much negative shit linked to you as possible when you enter the workforce.

I remember I had to delete and untag half of my fraternity pics on my FB because I didn't want potential employers seeing that. I eventually just dropped most social media all together. It isn't worth the potential headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To be fair a lot of trolls really are crying for help.

Look at Trump, the man is basically a walking suicide note.
    You're more addicted to Trump than this dude was addicted to alcohol in his 20s, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    No, he is 31, his 20s were as much as 11 years ago. He could of went off the deep end when he was 20, turned himself around and gotten an MBA and this position.

So we judge 20 year olds for what they did when they were 10?
    For what we're seeing now days. We're judging people for making jokes several years ago. Calling out tweets, posts, and details that track so far. Where we are now clutching a pearls now when back then an insensitive joke wouldn't cost you your job and entire livelihood.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    "That wasn't me" is one of the worst excuses you could ever use.
    It worked for Shaggy though.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBF this is too common but I still find his excuse BS.... A lot of gay guys went through exactly what he did and didn't become bigots
    exactly, I grew up with many gay friends. none of them took this stereotypical "I'm gonna be over the top macho psycho because i'm actually gay" kind of shit. They had troubles for sure, but nothing that was a complete flip of their personality.

Deleted
    gay times lol
    pick a less ridiculous name please

Deleted
    That is good for your friends. Unfortunately not everyone has the same mental fortitude, or life experience.

As I mentioned I don't know what he is thinking, or beliefs in. He could totally be lying. But if he is not...

As a society do we want to be 100% unforgiving, and create a class of people that are social pariahs/irredeemable in the eyes of the public. It may feel good to be vengeful, and yell with righteous indignation at the wrongs of imperfect people... but in the long run that creates more harm than good.
    Unfortunately I have suffered gay men like himself and have witnessed many tossing the "I had issues" excuse only to continue behaving like a cunt well into their 40s. It's something I don't forgive easy and something I feel they need to live with. He can attempt to make amends but I am very doubtful and won't excuse him until then. We can't just toss consequences away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    gay times lol
    It's a gay magazine shortened to GT... It says what it is

10+ Year Old Account
    If he had mental health issues, was on drugs, and depressed, etc, it can be understandable. But society has become more about image and virtue signaling (something I’m guilty of as well) than actually being humane, compassionate, or understanding.

As for the irredeemable comment, that sort of thinking tends to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    You do realize there is a way to check if he has mental health issues or was on drugs, if those things are true, then you are correct they are more forgivable. But as I said there are ways to find out and sniff out if he is full of shit.

I know you are being compassionate and humane, I don't see you as virtue signalling I think you should give yourself more credit, coming from someone ME who fucking disagrees with you a lot!

But no there are things people do there is no going back from, adults are prepared for this while in their teenage years, because later on at some point the world plays for keeps and you need to own and take responsibility for your own shit.

Hey I am all about mercy too, but you still need to own and pay for your shit, if you are really sorry the fact you have to pay for it should make no difference. This is also coming from me a man who has made mistakes.

And for the record, I am actually more in favor of being liberal and NOT punishing people even if I was punished more severely.

However I have no sympathy for people who know better act otherwise, and then bleed sympathy, especially when they spend a lifetime making things harder for everyone else and being cruel. I know you don't like it, but there are really people that mean you harm and you have done nothing to deserve it.

Because they can. You want to be all open arms to that go for it. I won't

Mercy is for those who are truly sorry, who are humbled and truly wish to see the errors and improve themselves. Not even because they deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    gay times lol
    I think Fabulous Times, might have been begging for trouble.