Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    With the end of MoP three years ago. How would you rate it?
    Atmosphere: 9/10 - one of the best xpacks in Wow's history.
    Implementation: 0/10 - worst xpack, ever made.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is probably my favorite expansion overall. Easily 9/10 for me.

For a long time Wrath held that title but I feel like MoP has aged much better (hardly Wrath's fault, it is 4 years older) and I really enjoyed some of the stories and factions. Isle of Thunder/Throne was one of the best deliveries of raid content that they've done - and it still holds up IMO.

Mists also had some of the best class design in the history of the game. Mists BM hunter, Fury warrior, and several other specs were just amazingly well-done.

A lot of people complain about it because 'kungfupandas' but the expansion was much more than that.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-11-20 at 05:17 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty solid: 8/10.

I don't do number ratings, but overall I really enjoyed MoP. Didn't like SoO's lore. The "True Horde" thing felt really forced to me. Raids were enjoyable, and I liked all of the zones except Dread Wastes. Even during the expac when people were negative about it, I simply didn't see it. People just didn't like Pandas I guess. SoO did last way too long though.

Deleted
    One of the better modern expacs. Good raids.

In it's time 7.5/10
    Now, looking back and seeing where the game goes/went since (with wod + legion) 9/10

I don't know what's the complain about music, some of my favorites are from that expac. I can't remember any wod/legion music that made me "wow, this is good!". All my fav tracks are up to, and with mop. Nothing ever since
    It was an end of an era...

MoP was okay. I thought it was a huge graphical update over what we had seen prior. I felt like the land had been done really well. I liked the story as well. It was about us being part of a flagship team to beat the other faction to the resources, only to horribly fuck it all up in the first zone. The rest of the leveling story was us trying to fix the land after unleashing the Sha upon it. Then the story progressed interestingly in the patches I thought. Garrosh getting progressively worse, Jaina going crazy and blaming the Sunreavers for Garrosh's forced betrayal. The tension there in 5.2 was really good between Jaina and the Reagent Lord.

I thought the Isle of Thunder was done really well. The raids were all good, with Throne of Thunder being remarked as being on par as Ulduar. That raid single handedly got me back into raiding after getting horribly burnt out in Dragon Soul.

Siege was a good raid as well. Felt pretty epic IMO, and I loved seeing the Vale getting totally decimated by Garrosh's greed. I loved fighting the Sha of Pride as well. It was very appropriate final Sha battle. Our pride was always our biggest threat. Garrosh's pride almost destroyed an entire continent and almost unleashed the remnants of an old god upon Kalimdor.

Class design was the worst it has ever been IMO. I think the flavor was good, but they just ended up going the route of "Let's make everybody broken as fuck in order to make everybody balanced." It didn't work, but it also made everybody so similar. Every caster had a way to cast while moving, everybody got a movement speed button, everybody had a raid utility spell. I think the only cool things that really came out of this were Warlock portals and Mass Grip. Everything else has pretty much been removed AFAIK, and for good reason. Vanilla class balancing was shit, but the design was on point. I think TBC was the ultimate cultivation in class design for me, though it was cheesed heavily. I personally prefer making certain classes mandatory. Not necessarily certain specs. I think giving each class a unique buff in BfA will be a good thing, though it won't make all of the classes drastically unique. My reason for enjoying this is that it adds diversity and forces you to work with that. If you needed a Warlock for Curse of Elements, then you had to make sure your strategies work around him as well. You usually couldn't just stack a few classes and win. There were certain benefits that you needed to at least bring other people for.

8/10.

I loved the way most of my classes and specs played, the dailies didn't get on my nerves too much since I could easily ignore them and still cap valor. I liked the upgrade system and enjoyed the lore.

My only complaints are that I didn't care much for Timeless Isle - I know this puts me in the minority but there just didn't feel like there was anything there except to go in circles. It was like old barrens complete with chat.

My other complaint is that they didn't commit to theme enough. I know a lot of folks are "ew China and Kung Fu Panda, catering to the Asian market!" but they could have worked in a lot more Korean and SE Asian influences and worked in a stronger Romance of the Three Kingdoms feel between the Pandaren, Sha and Mogu that could have really made things interesting when the Alliance and Horde come in and tip the scales of power.

Outside of that I loved it, wish I could have played it more but unemployment said no games for a while.

8/10, probably the best exspansion blizzard ever made. SoO lasted a bit too long though, but so did a lot of end of exspansion raids.

2/10. I absolutely hated it.

90% of the quests had nothing to do with the world storyline.
    The action went from Horde/Alliance war to...working together. Again.
    Most of the expansion besides the very start and very end were entirely filler.
    Only Asian references were Chinese.
    I despised PvP more than any other expansion I've played to date.
    Too many daily quests that you were basically forced to do.

The only thing I liked about it? Zones were pretty. I rate WoD higher because at least the questing experience was rewarding (Followers).

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10, I loved everything about it. Only a shame that SoO lasted for 14 months, but it wasnt a terrible raid atleast like Dragon Soul!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I loved MOP. The only thing I didn't like was SoO and how it was over a year of time in a drawn out instance that seemed to take forever to get through. My guild died so I decided to take a break but otherwise it was always one of my more favorites and I've said that all along from the start til now.

If I had to rank TBC > MOP = Legion > Wrath = Vanilla > Cataclysm > WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 It was an amazing experience I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed BC and Wrath.

Blizz put some serious heart into it and it shows. Great raids and dungeons high end raiding was difficult but not unreachable or overtuned like some Mythic raids are today. Every class and spec was viable for raiding which means I raided on more characters than I have ever done before or since. The Legendary Cloak quest chain was very well done with an interesting story. Patches came so quick people actually complained they came too fast for them to complete the previous content. I know people complain about the reputations in the early game but you really didn't need to do them all immediately.

Pandaria felt alive in a way that reminded me of my early days of vanilla and BC. I felt like I was really exploring a long lost continent with thousands of years of history behind it. It was light hearted but also very dark people mocked the Pandaren but they had a very dark history and existence always living with the threat of the Sha that could take you at any time if you let your emotions control you.

It had some minor problems. 5.3 was a terrible patch it just didnt bring enough content it felt like blizz was rushing to the conclusion of the expansion and the end of the war. I still feel we needed another raid focused on Pandaria before letting the war take over. A Saurok or Yaoungol raid before The Thunder King would have spaced the expansion out better decreasing the run time of 5.4 and SoO to a more manageable time. I also didn't like the Sha being destroyed at the end. They were such an interesting foe it was a shame to just destroy them forever. Still these were not major issues.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-11-20 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 9/10, overall WotLK 9.5, MoP 9, Vanilla 8, BC 8, Legion 7.5, Cata 6.5, WoD 5.

As the best expansion WoW has had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Atmosphere: 9/10 - one of the best xpacks in Wow's history.
    Implementation: 0/10 - worst xpack, ever made.
    It was worse implemented then time traveling orcs that lost the chief spot of threat as soon as we freed gul'dan 5 minutes after crossing the portal? Who had entire landmasses disappear, and a hole raid tir cut?

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved MoP. I loved the story behind it, the setting, the music, and that there was always something to do. The 5 man dungeons however got old really fast though, and the Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery revamps were nice, but I didn't like that they took out the old ones. I guess dailies were kind of a pain in the ass, but I've always though that of dailies

If going by some people's opinions that BfA will feel like MoP, I'm all for it. Introduce some new lore/changes to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I just wish that the male Pandaren were more cute 'n' fluffy, or savage warlord'ish, instead of fat, furry men. The females at least are fine.
    Personally I love both the male and female design, the only thing which would have made it better is if they had looked a bit more feroucios combat. Panda's always look cute and cuddly as well, until they go apeshit for some reason

Hugely overrated expac. Lower mid tier but not the worst. Pve class balance was horrid at the higher lvls of gameplay. Some classes were weak and useless while a select few (not just locks) were basically top tier and miles ahead of the rest. Cmodes and ToT were the only positives pve wise. Anyone saying other wise was a fool or bad at the game then.
    Pvp was pretty much the same. Although casters were out of control (as usual in rated pvp) and most melee were either trash or a one trick pony. Pvp only went down hill more after cata with way to much cc and comps like god comp litterally taking control of your character for unreal amounts of time. Rbgs have been a joke since after cata and random bgs were nothing but premades or bots.

Questing was awful. Most of the zones were asian themed and uninteresting minus the dreadwastes being the only actually good zone until isle of thunder. It took until the ToT patch to make mop not trash.

All in all not the worst but not as good as most rose tinted glasses people will say. It did help give birth to the grp finder we have thanks to OQ which was a welcome thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 best expansion. I didn't raid so dunno about that part but pvp was most enjoyable. Wotlk pvp was almost as good as MOP. Rest expansions have been quite shit when it comes to pvp, wpvp specially.

Deleted
    I've been playing since 2005 and there was never a time I said "wtf is this Blizzard?"... Until I saw the pandas...
    I quited and came back when WoD came out, which I don't think is as terrible as people say it is.